DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - Sunday not Funday

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
seldum
Beta Tester

DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - Sunday not Funday

Post by seldum »

Crusaders' College or Galways Rejects

In the past 48hr's it would seem Galway Pwnage has lost a few members. When I dove deeper into the subject and ran a search on there names. I soon found out that they had all joined Crusaders College. And even another who left earlier in round was seen within roster.

It appeared there have been problems within Ranks of Pwnage and that it's not the first time this has happened. Many harsh feelings have been felt from some members, many live close to each other! Rising from these feelings is posts on a public forum by Baalzamon stating this:

"I view this as a treasonous act, an act of treachery, a betrayal of trust, and an act as dishonorable as stealing another person's kill. This will not be tolerated, Crusaders College will be punished and destroyed, and the best part, is it will be by their own peers, people they know in school, people they have once counted as friends. Crusaders College, an alliance with a reputation will be destroyed and brought down by a rag-a-bunch of no-names. This is War. I hope you can take it Jon, Derek, and others. You know who you are."

More of this post can be found at http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?p=84247#84247

I know that I for one can say that the future might seem dark for CC and that Pwnage will probably have something to do with it! Only thing we can all do now is watch the news and see what happens!
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

Federal Officials Cracking Down

The Federal Government is cracking down on flying under the influence (FUI for short). So that means after a trip to the bar where you have a few too many Salvene slammers and decide to fly home you better watch out for the law. Or if you just unloaded a shipment of narcotics and decided to sample the wares before the transaction, flying your ship back to the other port can land you a large fine and possible imprisonment.

Researchers say that while intoxicated on any level the average persons flying skills are diminished by thirty-percent. A prominent Alskant scientist had this to say about FUI?s: ?It is my understanding that the less escape pods a person uses than the better, so therefore why would one take an unnecessary risk such as piloting their ship while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.?

Does this mean we should all become teetotalers? No, there are other ways of going out and having a good time such as having a designated driver or fill up your planet with a load of narcotics. The bottom line is fly safe and pay attention and if you can barely see you shouldn?t try to fly your ship stay home and sleep it off.

The Battle of 3168

The Hardened Crewminals ran into some unexpected defense of a planet galaxy. Thinking they would break into Fundamental Hypocrisy?s galaxy and set back their construction efforts and get some easy kills they ran into more than they could handle.

Fundamental Hypocrisy had parked on the warp and were refilling mines at the same time Crew? were clearing them. It was a hard fought battle with both sides taking deaths with HC rearming and coming back a second time. The final pod tally was drastically in favor of Fundamental Hypocrisy who lost 5 ships. Hardened Crewminals lost 17 in the battle of 3168 and left people wondering how a bunch of weakened ships could own them so bad.

I was able to speak with one of Hypocrisy?s defenders after the battle who took two pods in the chaos. ?I can tell you I came back twice and absorbed a lot of damage for my team dying both times. The second time I didn?t even have weapons so I just sat to take damage.? This was a great story of perseverance and the first sign of an opposition to Hardened Crewminal?s early domination.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

Porkers

Porkers is a very relaxed alliance led by Masterblaster with the only goal to have fun and enjoy playing SMR. Although Porkers have a relaxed outlook on game play, they are still an alliance to be reckoned with racking up 50 kills so far, and two of their members (adamant and newbie) on the top 10 list for kills.

So while you should not be expecting to see many planet busts from Porkers you can expect them to continue to kill unwary traders. Porkers has more kills than alliances with twice as many members, behind only Armory. So traders beware, the Porkers pilots might just only want to have a good time, but that good time means a pod for you, and Porkers surely intend to let the good times roll...
Last edited by seldum on Sun May 27, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

Mission Statement

Id like to inform everyone about our public relations channel #gp if you have an idea or need to speak with me for any reason you can find me there.

The mission of the new Galactic Post is to post relevant news when its actually happening. We are now on a loosely set publishing schedule of a Wednesday edition and a Sunday edition so be sure to catch them. These editions may not be full 8 article editions however we will try and keep the community entertained and informed.

GP Archives are available on the WebBoard here: Galactic Post Archives

Writers are Needed! Apply today if you have the desire to have fun and entertain your friends!