DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - WEDNESDAY ALREADY?

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
seldum
Beta Tester

DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - WEDNESDAY ALREADY?

Post by seldum »

Black Widow Company

The Black Widow Company is a training alliance for new players. The numbers of traders in BWC is growing daily. The leader of Black Widow Company is Aleksandr Kerensky, aka Darth Nihilus or Fedaykin in past games. These are some of the messages new players see when joining the BWC:

Welcome to The Black Widow Company. That being said I would like to take a moment to give you a little back ground info. I first came back to this game about 4 games ago after being away for 2 years (I had only played 2-3 weeks then).

Be the best you can be. In the Black Widow Company you will learn how to effectively select your ship. You'll learn all about weapons. You'll how to Build Planets, and You learn all about Galaxy Defense.

You'll Learn the methods of survival that keeps us at one of the lowest death rates for a newbie alliance. Also as you learn all of this you will also be learning how to hunt. It is the Black Widow Companies belief that the best way to avoid a hunter is to become a hunter.

If you join the Black Widow Company you will learn about ships, weapons, combat, Planet Building, Galaxy Management, Galaxy Defense and.......umm.....oh yeah trading. If you stay in the Newbie Help Alliance you learn how to trade and ride pods.

The GP would like to thank Feddy and all of the players like him who take the time to help the new players out thus boosting our player base. Keep up the good work!

What Does the SMR Player Base Look Like?

How do you imagine other people that play SMR look like? Are they old, are they a girl, or are they a woman with a beard? Well now you can find out!

SMR has an SMR Album that many people already use. This is a way for the community to see some of the top hunters or even what their friends look like!

How can you put your own picture up on this SMR Album? Well its simple. All you need to do is click Edit Photo on the bottom left of your screen and upload a picture. You have to keep in mind though that these pictures cannot contain any nudity and have to be appropriate. This SMR Album is becoming popular to SMR players because they like to see how other people look, meet new people, and is just fun to do!

To get a taste of what some of the pictures are like here are some examples:

http://www.smrealms.de/album/?Lydia
http://www.smrealms.de/album/?Dragone
http://www.smrealms.de/album/?LIBINTlA
http://www.smrealms.de/album/?The+Great+Canada+Sanchez

Mission Statement

Id like to inform everyone about our public relations channel #gp if you have an idea or need to speak with me for any reason you can find me there.

The mission of the new Galactic Post is to post relevant news when its actually happening. We are now on a loosely set publishing schedule of a Wednesday edition and a Sunday edition so be sure to catch them. These editions may not be full 8 article editions however we will try and keep the community entertained and informed.

GP Archives are available on the WebBoard here: Galactic Post Archives

Writers are Needed! Apply today if you have the desire to have fun and entertain your friends!

Interview with BS

Editor Note: This is now our new feature the weekly Get-To-Know-Ya player profile. Each week we will be interviewing a different player to learn a little something about them. Visit our chatroom #gp for more details. Introduction:

BS currently plays for the alliance Armory under the name Karabiner 98 Kurz and is ranked 5th in kills at 11. Last game he participated in the Suckas victory over Crusaders under the name Norman Greenbaum.

GP: How long have you been playing SMR? BS: This would be my 6th game- not including Middle Grounds. As far as time goes, I've been playing for a little over a year. BS: Give or take a few months :P.

GP: What is your favorite alliance you've played for in your history of SMR? BS: Green Skulls back in New Boundaries, I was a hopeless newbie but I had fun learning the intricacies of the game. GP: Haha good answer :). BS: Also had a lot of friends in that alliance.

GP: Who is your favorite player(s) in SMR? BS: Hmm let me ponder this one. BS: I never thought about it much. GP: Tough one huh :). BS: Yeah because I like so many SMR players. BS: LotuS, Adam (Playa1), and DWill.

GP: What kind of player would you define yourself as (OPer, hunter, trader, utility, etc...) or which do you enjoy the most? BS: I hate trading, who wants to use all their turns for 5 minutes of enjoyment? And it's not even that enjoyable.. I only traded to reach Expert ranking recently, now I plan to use my turns for more fun activities. I haven't been much of a utility player in my day, never been Human, Thevian, or Ik`Thorne (until this game). I love OPing, only missed 1 or 2 of our Suckas OPs last game. It's nice to vary what you do from game to game, as it keeps it from getting stale. Last couple games I was an OPer, this game I'm hunting more because I'm not in an OPing alliance, and lets be honest, hunting is way more fun then trading.

GP: What is your favorite race? BS: I used to be fond of the WQ Human, but the Dark Mirage isn't much of a ship for busting 70's, hunting and busting low level planets it's alright, but the ship performance didn't impress me much last game. I thought that Salvene was a good race, as the Eater of Souls is a good all around ship, it can take a good beating, has mines, and OK speed. I can also say that being Ik`Thorne is fun, the Advanced Carrier is only as good as its pilot, though.

GP: What is your favorite ship? BS: It's a tie between a Devastator and a Mother Ship. Brute strength is just a lot of fun. :D.

GP: What is your favorite book? BS: Slaughterhouse-Five. GP: I like that one too BS: By Kurt Vonnegut (RIP).

GP: Favorite music? BS: Classic Rock. BS: Nothing better than kickin' it and listening to some CCR.

GP: Do you have any suggestions to improve SMR? BS: Help the newer players if they need help. This is a very tough game to learn, it requires a lot of skill, and most of all, patience. I've seen a lot of improvement in the area of New Player Help recently, and if we continue to make strong strides like this, you will see the player-base build up again.

GP: With that in mind do you have any tips for the new players? BS: If you like the game, stick with it. There are people who are willing to help you! Find an alliance, because that is how I got hooked, playing in an alliance, not solo or in Newbie Help Alliance (which should be renamed, in my opinion).

GP: Just for fun Jessica Alba or Jennifer Love Hewitt? BS: Vida Guerra BS: !

The GP would like to thank BS for participating in the interview and congratulate him reaching expert recently. The GP would also like to wish him luck in his many SMR games sure to come!

Ruckess's New Baby Boy Kayel

This is what has been keeping one of our best writers away as of late, his first baby boy. Congratulations Ruckess!

Special Game This Weekend

Curufir the illustrious coder is giving us a treat this weekend. A special game on the beta server. This special games will be a "bomb" game whereas the players will have to go pick up bombs, and then try to give them to others without ending up with a bomb of your own.

The special game is set to run this weekend on the beta server http://beta.smrealms.de

Everyone be sure to thank Curufir for all his hard work on the game and still taking time to give us a little fun from time to time.

New Members

Just a few weeks ago a game similar to SMR named TDZK had just ended. This game has just ended due to updating the game. Where are all of these TDZK players going now since they don't have a game? Lately we have been seeing new alliance filled with TDZK players.

This is just what SMR needs. We are getting new players every day and new alliances. Soon one of these smaller alliances might dominate the game, but only time will show if they do succeed.