DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - Contest? Yay!

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
seldum
Beta Tester

DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - Contest? Yay!

Post by seldum »

Writing

Just plain writing. Why is it always so difficult? This Galactic Post reporter will attempt to answer this question and more. With the announcement of the up and coming Galactic Post Writing contest.

"What should I write about?" Is one question that is always coming to mind. But it is a question that is both easy and difficult to answer. The immediate answer that comes to mind for any writer would be "anything." But anything covers a lot of ground. The best way to go about writing, in my opinion, is brainstorming. Just sit, and write down random words, you'll come across a word or a subject that you like, and you start writing. For me, I started this article by staring at the screen and seeing "Writting an article" as the headline of the screen, and so I wrote about writing.

Another question is the "How." How do you write? Do you write in the 1st person? 3rd? Are you daring enough to tackle second person? It all depends on what you're comfortable with. Look at what you normally read, determine the style, and attempt to duplicate it. Its amazing what one person can write, and practice makes better, especially when it comes to writing.

Another big question is "When?" When do you get time to write? With turns for trading, or time used up for hunting, or OPing, then when do you find the time to write? I am a fan of calculus class. I have a nice comfortable chair, and i sit and I write out an article. I get home, and right before I go to trade, I type it up real quick like for master seldum. So really, you can write at anytime, at any place. All you need is a writing utensil, and something to write on. Hell, there was this lady who wrote on napkins and now the only book thats outsold hers is some book called "The Bible" And she wrote some book about some kid...called him Harry Potter. Come on now people, this lady wrote about some orphan, you can do better. You have so much at your disposal!

So, now that you have the tools you need, write, write, and write some more. I know I'm not the only one who could use 20 SMR credits, and with my help, you could all write articles that would put even that Rowling woman to shame.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

State Force Op Flop

Recently a fleet of warbirds flying under State Force colors was annihilated by the guns of a Fundamental Hypocrisy Fleet. It began when the State Force fleet entered the dense minefield of Fundamental Hypocrisy. Some State Force pilots became fatigued by the pressure of clearing their way through the minefield and veered away from the narrow lane of open space and crashed into the mines, destroying their ships, and forcing their pilots to flee to Federal Protection. An observer from Fundamental Hypocrisy noted the high amount of deaths to mines and asked the invading ships if they forgot their scanners.

The State Force fleet eventually cleared their way to the Fundamental Hypocrisy warp where a lonely Fundamental Hypocrisy defender stood firm reminiscent of General Stonewall Jackson (a human military leader who is celebrated for his suicidal stand against an army much larger than his, and survived when he should of more likely been shot, something silly humans are known to do). Unfortunately, unlike Stonewall, he was gunned down by the invading fleet. The State Force fleet proceeded to fire upon Fundamental Hypocrisy?s planet in sector 3168, completely crushing its defenses. Pilots, whose ships had been destroyed by the thick minefield, returned, cleared their way to sector 3130, and proceeded to fire upon the planet. On the surface of the planet and in space the defenders fought back tenaciously, and managed to destroy a State Force vessel. However the planet was no match for the power of the State Force fleet, but as its defenses crumpled a fleet of Fundamental Hypocrisy warships launched at their attackers. Seeing that they were outgunned the attackers fled to the adjacent sector to strategize an attack plan.

Having formulated their plan the State Force fleet returned to battle again fired a shot and fled. Unfortunately the ships in the State Force fleet began to run low on power supplies. The leader of the State Force op noticed this and called for one last battle to the death. Thus the State Force fleet entered the sector with the Fundamental Hypocrisy fleet and joined in battle. A child who was observing the epic battle with me giggled and said, "They all went booooom!" The State Force fleet was successful in destroying eight Fundamental Hypocrisy vessels but lost ten vessels themselves. In the end the State Force fleet lost twenty vessels compared to Fundamental Hypocrisy losing nine vessels and two planets.

Leading strategists speculate that it was the combination of poor communication and inexperienced pilots that led to State Force taking so many casualties. In addition alliance affairs pundits question how this devastating op will affect State Force's ability to project power in the future. State Force?s failure to execute a fairly routine op and the loss of an immense amount of cash caused by this failure leads many to believe that they will not be an effective fighting force in this universe. But with all things, only in time will we see the answer to this question.

Il-Legitimate Businessmen

The Legitimate Businessmen, a long running SMR alliance, are back and in force. Their recent port raids have created havoc in the racial gals. Sources say that over 20 ports have been raided by Legitimate Businessmen ships. The purpose of these attacks seems to be profit based. Raiding the top traded ports usually yields a decent amount of cash.

The Legitimate Businessmen have been around as long as this reporter can remember and have always played a minor role in alliance wars. Although there are new faces and some of the old ones are gone, the core of LB still remains as a tight group of friends.

LB's successful port raids have surprised most people. Concerns that LB will take their fight away from racial ports to alliance planets have become common place among traders and alliances alike. The Galactic Post is pleased to see LB back and wish them luck for the remainder of the game.

Infestation

Traders across the board are complaining about stray cats found in cargo. Reports say they seem to be coming from the Alskant Ports. Upon further investigation it seems that a shipment of Cat's was lost as a Planetary Super Freighter became tangled in a minefield.

When I asked a couple of traders where they thought these stray cats in there cargo hold were coming from, they responded by saying "Look at who places the mine's, Armory!" There are others of course.... but most seen are Armory's.

My only question now is.... "What do we do about all these cats?"

Mission Statement

Id like to inform everyone about our public relations channel #gp if you have an idea or need to speak with me for any reason you can find me there.

The mission of the new Galactic Post is to post relevant news when its actually happening. We are now on a loosely set publishing schedule of a Wednesday edition and a Sunday edition so be sure to catch them. These editions may not be full 8 article editions however we will try and keep the community entertained and informed.

GP Archives are available on the WebBoard here: Galactic Post Archives

Writers are Needed! Apply today if you have the desire to have fun and entertain your friends!

Writing Contest

Introducing the Galactic Post Writing Contest. The GP is sponsoring a writing contest open to anyone willing to write. Articles will be evaluated by the editor for originality/ creativeness, relevance, and neatness (no spelling or grammatical errors). One article every two weeks will be selected and the writer will receive a prize and be entered into the finals. To enter the contest simply apply as a writer, and I'll accept you. Then you just click on Write an article on the GP screen and submit your article. Articles should be between 3-5 paragraphs.

At the end of the current game players will vote on the web board for their favorite article. Finalists will receive 5 SMR credits, and the grand prize winner will receive 20 SMR credits and free hosting for an alliance / fan website. Only one entry for grand prize per player.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Nice articles, good job.