DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - Young Lust

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
seldum
Beta Tester

DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - Young Lust

Post by seldum »

Podding is Fundamental

The Hardened Crewminals dealt a blow to the Fundamental Fundamental Hypocrisy alliance in a fleet battle yesterday. Official reports from Livstar show that 23 FH ships were destroyed in sector 2390, the warp sector outside the Sardine galaxy, home of the Hardened Crewminals. Three Crewminals ships were lost in the fighting.

Witnesses say that a fleet of Fundamental Hypocrisy took position in battle formation with heavy stacks of mines in the warp. Estimates put the FH fleet at 25 ships strong. They held their position for 2 days, in which time, there were a few small skirmishes and losses of ships on both sides. The Crewminals seemed unable to drive the FH ships away, and Fundamental Hypocrisy seemed determined to fortify their position, effectively blocking the warp in and out of the galaxy.

Then the Crewminals struck back. In an early morning operation, 17 HC ships cleared the mines in 2390 and began a pitched battle with the encamped FH fleet. The larger fleet was no match for the quick and highly organized offense. When the battle was over, only a single FH ship remained in the sector, the pilot frozen in suspended animation, his ship immobile and impervious to attack.

Victory at hand, the Hardened Crewminals seized control of the warp once again and re-fortified their position in the galaxy. This is the second time in recent record that the HC fleet has destroyed 24+ ships in fleet battle. Having suffered big losses against FH in earlier conflicts, it appears that HC has turned things around. This victory has made it clear that they are a dangerous force in that area of space.

Krazy Blue Gangstas

Its been spreading everywhere like rapid fire, there seems to be a BAND comprised of an inter racial group of Space Merchants! This band is rumored to have members of all the races! Playing their saxabones, flugglehorns, and various other instruments, this band also gloats its skill at singing a cappella, with the lead singer Pythian taking the tenor part.

"Ya, I guess we're pretty amazing," says Pythian," But its really Baalz that brings us together, he arranges all the music, we have pretty amazing stuff coming out, its enough to make even fans of warring races get together, to cheer for us."

While Pythian seems pretty full of the new band, Baalzamon has different thoughts. "Well, we wanted {KBG} to make a splash. When it didn't get that affect with just adding the tag to our names, Ruckess knew it was time to do something drastic. I just make music. And I hope I can grace all the galaxies with it by the end of the round."

When approached for an interview, Ruckess said he wouldn't speak without speaking to the rest of the band first. When asked for the name he just laughed. "Isn't it obvious?"

Also caught for an interview was Pythian's sister, Aqua. "Their influences are a mixture of a Ik'Throne Ska band out of the next town over, and this guy Adrian Flynn...apparently he's a Space Merchant as well, but they won't tell me who. Their name is 'Krazy Blue Gangstas' but they won't tell me why." Aqua then stomped off in a huff and a puff and what sounded like "Stupid boys and their stupid bands..."

Krazy Blue Gangstas has been posting on their external forums that their next show will be at the nearest "Stellar Dance Club"
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

The Thrill of the Kill

It is quite obvious to both veterans and newbies that this game has been greatly influenced by the presence of the Armory alliance. Many people have either directly criticized the alliance or hinted that it has negatively impacted this game. But their opinions seem warranted. Armory is quite one-dimensional, hunting like crazy and I presume with some traders who fund the endeavors. They stifle trade and the addition of new players to the game. Their effect on the all of us is clear, they kill everyone. But isn't killing everyone quite monotonous?

No. Killing is the most fulfilling thing in this game. Knowing that you just made somebody somewhere far away get that pod screen and likely made their day a little worse. Not only are you ;) somebody off, but you are also destroying a ship somebody worked to get. This makes me think of a quote from Fight Club after Tyler mangles that pretty-boy he explains, "I wanted to destroy something beautiful."

Looking at it from this perspective the presence of their alliance seems very understandable. Why not manufacture an alliance to generate kills, the most gratifying achievement in the game. If their greedy pleasures halt trade and discourage new players, it was worth it for one group of people to have a whole lot of fun, right?