Outcast

Incognito
Quiet One

Outcast

Post by Incognito »

Name: Outcast
Style: Standard Map
Size: 1304 sectors (640 in racials, 95 in planet gals)
Turn cap: 650
Speed: 1.65
Alliances: 20 max, 18 vet slots

Description: After countless wars, the resources in the central universe have been depleted, leaving an economically-deprived galaxy along the rich trade routes. A lone outcast base stands to reap the benefits of this situation, but can it be held against opposing forces?

Map description:
Racials - Eight 8x10 galaxies, single race per gal. Medium-high port density with a single federal beacon.

Main Neutral - 16x16 galaxy with ca's and uno's. High port density. Contains most weaps.

Large Pgals - Two 5x7 pgals, each with 5 Terran planets. Uno distances ~15 sectors to nearest planet Planets and interior walls will be randomly placed.

Barrens - 13x13 neutral. No ports. Very few weapon/hardware shops. No CA. Several arid and dwarf planets, with unos nearby. Holds Level 5 weapons and UG.

Gold Rush - 12x12 trading neutral. Lower port density, few weapon shops. Low connectivity.

Outcast - 5x5 Terran planet gal, 3 planets. Planets and walls placed manually. Several ports. Low uno/drone distance (<8). Long CA distance. One warp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
seldum
Beta Tester

Re: Outcast

Post by seldum »

Teams need to be bigger. UNO needs to be closer it doesn't take much of a "defense" to shut down a PB when UNO is 20+ away. There is no point trying to squeeze three teams into games these days, all small alliance sizes do is amplify the advantage gained by the more active team. 14 slots is if you're lucky 9-10 actual people if 2 of those people are away your team is essentially gone. With a larger team it allows for the casual trader to be on a team, or the occasional opper.

UNO should be at maximum 20 away from any planet. Team sizes should be 20+5.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Ok, Max team size increased from 16(14) to 20(18). Uno distances can be shrunk a bit for all pgals. Another uno could be placed inside Outcast to make that galaxy more difficult to hold.

Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Dwarf planets added to Barrens.