Jouldax's Draft Map 2

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Next draft map submission

Post by jouldax »

Same settings as this game except speed increased to 2.0. Racials will have better routes but neutrals and pgals will be swamped with ports.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Jouldax's Draft Map 2

Post by XDemonX »

Interesting idea. I don't like racials at all. There is no reason to make racial ports "better". All that does is promote traders to sit in fed all day and trade their little 4x, 5x route without any risk of hunters getting them. This game I think did a extremely good job of forcing traders to go out and trade in neutral. I don't even think there were any people that sat and traded in racials at all besdies the very start of the game.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote:Interesting idea. I don't like racials at all. There is no reason to make racial ports "better". All that does is promote traders to sit in fed all day and trade their little 4x, 5x route without any risk of hunters getting them. This game I think did a extremely good job of forcing traders to go out and trade in neutral. I don't even think there were any people that sat and traded in racials at all besdies the very start of the game.
The idea behind making racials better was to promote early hunting which was completely absent this game because of exactly what you said, this game went straight to neutrals and stayed landing on rocks. Now this up coming game there will be more action with early hunting.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Eventually, xdx, everyone will be trading alliance route, but with the amount of PRing required (wait til you see all the ports :D), there will be the opportunity for a lot more hunting. I know what you're saying about racials, but you know as well as I that everyone ends up on the rocks anyway. I didn't make any overpowered routes, just improved them from 3x on average to 4-5x, which isn't awesome tbh.