FFA Map ideas

Jester-
Admin Emeritus

FFA Map ideas

Post by Jester- »

Please post some map ideas here. Does anyone care to start designing what they think would be a good FFA design?
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: FFA Map ideas

Post by jouldax »

Jester- wrote:Please post some map ideas here. Does anyone care to start designing what they think would be a good FFA design?
I'd love for someone else to post a map, but I'll come up with something if I have to. I think the central portion of Page's draft round map would make for a good start.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I haven't seen that. can you post me a pic or link?
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Here is my submission for the FFA map.

Basically old school racials attaching to one neutral. All racials connect to neutral. Map is a regular round with ports. You will have to trade your own ships including first racials etc. Everyone starts with galactic semi.
  • 1) 1441 total sectors
    2) UG, all weapons will be available in the middle neutral. Also playing with the idea of a fed hq
    3) Racials will also have weapons available and their racial weapon shops.
    4) Speed will be 3.0 as discussed per the FFA round thread.
    5) Hall of Fame stats will be in this game and included.
    6) Racials will have somewhat customized ports so one race doesn't have really good routes and the other has all 3x's.
    7) No planets
    8) Mines will not last longer than 3 hours anywhere.
    9) CA and Uno will not be together per section 8.
    10) Only 2 CA and 2 banks in big neutral.
    11) 1 bank per racial
Ideas, comments, critiques and suggestions are welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

One suggestion if you don't put in the fed space in the neutral, to connect the gals in a racial ring such that they are a bit more connective, else this might be too big of a map for the game even with the higher speed. Unless you are going to have a high turn cap, what is your suggested turn cap seeing as it is 3x speed, 600 turns might be too low of a cap.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Good questions. I plan on having a fed in the big neutral. I think that is a solid idea. Also I think cap usually expands with turn speed. At least it does in my world. I think 3.0 speed should have probably near 1000 turn cap. That's up for debate but it does need to be higher.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

While I agree that the turn cap should increase, I think 1000 might be a bit high. Maybe something more like 750-800 would be better.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Most ships will have at least 24 turns per hour. Just keep that in mind. 1000 turn cap / 24 tph = 41.6 hours of turns. So we just need to keep it somewhat balanced.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

900 would probably be a good cap, to force people to play or lose their turns.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Incognito wrote:While I agree that the turn cap should increase, I think 1000 might be a bit high. Maybe something more like 750-800 would be better.
I'd even go 800 like bouncer suggested