Jouldax - Triforce

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Jouldax - Triforce

Post by JettJackson »

I agree that UG/UG ships/Fed Ships should be in a neutral location, that would have made a difference this game I believe.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

JettJackson wrote:I agree that UG/UG ships/Fed Ships should be in a neutral location, that would have made a difference this game I believe.
F/E is the fed/evil shipyard. It is in the center of the map. The UG will randomly be placed in the racial galaxy.

I have also increased the size of the racial from 20x20 to 28x28 but increased connectivity by adding 4 warps per JJ's suggestion. New map is posted in first post.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

I noticed that the top neutral has the uno and CA separated but the neutrals on the left and right have them right next to each other. Is this done on purpose?
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Incognito wrote:I noticed that the top neutral has the uno and CA separated but the neutrals on the left and right have them right next to each other. Is this done on purpose?
Yes. It had to do with spacing from the warps and trying to increase the number of mineable sectors. I will put a couple drone farms in the racial in case all the unos/cas end up getting mined. I tried to avoid a scenario where noobs use plot to and end up going boom.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

I think the UNOs and CAs should be separated by at least one sector then for each neutral gal. Where is the fun clearing if you can clear to both the CA and UNO at once? ;)
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I also like UNO and CA being seperate. This makes raiders choose to get CA clear first and use the turns or bust and then go to CA.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Fair critique. I will split them up, but keep them roughly the same distance to all of the warps that they are at now. Thanks for all the feedback, guys.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

jouldax you rock!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

All reasonable comments so far :P

Thank you for the bar in the p-gals, and it's not booze, but gambling that I miss in between builds during weekends :)

My main objection is that everything is symmetrical, or identical, esp the planet galaxies layout and the even distances between planet galaxies warps and CA / Uno. Just as it was this round. Suggestion is to add some diversity, in regards of choosing the planet galaxy. One or more of these:: random walls in planet galaxies, random CA / Uno positions in neutrals, random neutral - planet galaxy warp distribution in one and/or both galaxies, various port races (levels should tho be same in all planet galaxies, or all level 9 ports if you really wanna make it fun) in one and /or both galaxies... there is likely more :) Some randomness is fun, cause not every part of the galaxy is the same ;) Knowing you, you will pick one of these, but trust me, should be two :)

Second thing, yet again, planet galaxies could be a bit bigger with more planets. I don't know if Jester had the guts to bond this round, likely, knowing him, but three (or, oh, wait, FOUR, on this map) planets is very few. Yes it costs, but it also brings more strategy into the whole alliance warfare thingy (I see three alliances are in plan ;) by the design of the map). Where to land, where to bond, to bond at all, etc.

That is all :)

K.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Infinity wrote:All reasonable comments so far :P

Thank you for the bar in the p-gals, and it's not booze, but gambling that I miss in between builds during weekends :)

My main objection is that everything is symmetrical, or identical, esp the planet galaxies layout and the even distances between planet galaxies warps and CA / Uno. Just as it was this round. Suggestion is to add some diversity, in regards of choosing the planet galaxy. One or more of these:: random walls in planet galaxies, random CA / Uno positions in neutrals, random neutral - planet galaxy warp distribution in one and/or both galaxies, various port races (levels should tho be same in all planet galaxies, or all level 9 ports if you really wanna make it fun) in one and /or both galaxies... there is likely more :) Some randomness is fun, cause not every part of the galaxy is the same ;) Knowing you, you will pick one of these, but trust me, should be two :)

Second thing, yet again, planet galaxies could be a bit bigger with more planets. I don't know if Jester had the guts to bond this round, likely, knowing him, but three (or, oh, wait, FOUR, on this map) planets is very few. Yes it costs, but it also brings more strategy into the whole alliance warfare thingy (I see three alliances are in plan ;) by the design of the map). Where to land, where to bond, to bond at all, etc.

That is all :)

K.
I will speak of my alliance and say we didn't bond.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all