Jouldax - Triforce

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Jouldax - Triforce

Post by jouldax »

Alright, building off what I view as one of the more active, successful maps in a while, I bring you....drumroll please... THE TRIFORCE (yes, RCK, if selected, I will create this beast myself).

Mine time is 5 minutes/mine in the central galaxy, 90 minutes/mine in the larger outer galaxies, and 2.5 hours/mine in the planet galaxies. The warps from the inner galaxy to the outer galaxies will all contain locations so they cannot be mined.

The UG location will be placed randomly in one of the outer galaxies (not in a planet gal).

The L1 Ports in the Planet gals will be NEUTRAL (open for discussion)

There will be additional walls within the racial and neutral gals beyond the ones I've created, but the planet gal walls will be fixed as shown. I may add more warps within the racial to increase connectivity if people feel it is necessary, but the racial galaxy isn't that big.

Distance from warp inside a planet gal to any other planet gal = ~25, and there are unos outside each warp (again open for debate), so I expect a lot of PB activity.

Speed will be 1.5

I will re-race ports to match specific quadrants of the racial galaxy so there are some starter ports to trade at, but expect the best routes to be in the neutrals (no neutral ports, however).

There is a nice little legend in the bottom right. Please read it first before asking what something is/why something is missing. Fed sectors will be 1 square, just like last game (open for discussion).

Let the :D begin :D!

Edit: Changed racial to neutral warps to be further away from likely mining areas; moved unos to 5 spaces from both pgal warps to increase PB difficulty; flipped the way the L1 ports DE faced; L1 ports will now be racial ports; Increased Warp-Warp distance for pgals to 22 sectors - that means roughly 40 sectors from planet to planet; changed around configuration of banks, l5s, and CAs; UG will now be somewhere in the racial galaxy; increased the size of the racial from 20x20 to 28x28 - total sector count = 1,405; increased connectivity by adding 4 warps in racial galaxy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: Jouldax - Triforce

Post by Jester- »

What are the biggest changes from this map to the current round?

I think UG should be more accessible. It's not fair to all the evil people to have to wade through mines when all fed people have to do is hit any HQ for bounties. I think maybe put the UG with the ship shop or in a random sector in Pandora.

I also see that the map is pretty small. Do you think this is a problem?
What is the reason for lvl 1 nuetral ports? You will have to bust those regardless and then people know your port of choice. Is this done on purpose?
Also will ports be customized similar to this round?
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Jester- wrote:What are the biggest changes from this map to the current round?

I think UG should be more accessible. It's not fair to all the evil people to have to wade through mines when all fed people have to do is hit any HQ for bounties. I think maybe put the UG with the ship shop or in a random sector in Pandora.

What is the reason for lvl 1 nuetral ports? You will have to bust those regardless and then people know your port of choice. Is this done on purpose?
Biggest changes = distance between planet galaxies, better port distribution, smaller racial galaxy, and more general connectivity.

UG was going to be in a neutral but near one of the middle warps, not by where people would likely have mined. I don't have a problem putting the UG in the racial and will do so. Same sector as ship shop seems fair.

Map is indeed small, which was the feedback I got from last game. I could easily add 1 row to each of the triangular racials or add 2 rows/colums to each side of the racial to make it a 24x24 instead of a 20x20 if people want the middle area to be bigger. The idea is to maximize interaction and foster activity. PBs will be plentiful, although I am concerned that there is not enough mining area.

L1 Neutrals were done to make each galaxy equally attractive. If you think racial ports add to the strategy and should be chosen over neutrals, I have no problem making that change.

Yes, ports will be customized painstakinly by myself if this map is selected.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

jouldax wrote:
Jester- wrote:What are the biggest changes from this map to the current round?

Biggest changes = distance between planet galaxies, better port distribution, smaller racial galaxy, and more general connectivity.

UG was going to be in a neutral but near one of the middle warps, not by where people would likely have mined. I don't have a problem putting the UG in the racial and will do so. Same sector as ship shop seems fair.

Map is indeed small, which was the feedback I got from last game. I could easily add 1 row to each of the triangular racials or add 2 rows/colums to each side of the racial to make it a 24x24 instead of a 20x20 if people want the middle area to be bigger. The idea is to maximize interaction and foster activity. PBs will be plentiful, although I am concerned that there is not enough mining area.

L1 Neutrals were done to make each galaxy equally attractive. If you think racial ports add to the strategy and should be chosen over neutrals, I have no problem making that change.

Yes, ports will be customized painstakinly by myself if this map is selected.
I think map size now is ok. The distance between galaxies is just to big (planet to enemy nuetral). What was your ideas on distance between the two? I like all i've seen so far. On the idea of nuetral ports i'm just concerned that everyone will know right away what ports you are using. I suggest using at least a wq, creo or salv port in each galaxy. Those are always the main trading ports and make the other port random. Just my idea on that though.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I was going off your suggestion to make the distance between pgals be roughly 25-30 sectors. If I were to add more space, I'd probably make the central racial bigger (24x24 vs. 20x20). Good idea on the port races - I will randomly select which galaxies get which race.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I will be lengthening the distance from planet to planet later. It's too short.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

You're doing a great job man. I appreciate your dedication to this. I'm thinking 35-40 sectors planet -> planet will be a sweet spot. RIght now it varies between 58-70.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Changes made. I'd really appreciate feedback on overall map size, which is currently 1,021 sectors.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Silly request but can we get a bar in each nuetral?
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

lol, sure. I'll make sure to put one in each p-gal as well. I was told I understocked access to booze last game :)