Jouldax - Fortress

Incognito
Quiet One

Re: Jouldax - Fortress

Post by Incognito »

I think game speed is fine.
I also think a turn cap of 600 is more than enough. Just looking at the galaxy layouts, planets will be vulnerable enough without increasing the turn cap. Sure, each alliance will only have 10-12 people at op, but they will only need to clear 10-12 stacks of forces, at most. Add on the fact that there are only 5 sectors from Warp to uno in the racial, and uno is 3 from the warp, I don't think oppers should have any problem. As I mentioned before, any defenders without jump will have a hard time stopping an OP.

TLDR: 1.5 speed and 600 turn cap are fine. Anything higher makes the game death on the defenders.

Just my opinion, take it as you will.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

(I swear I'll shut up after this)

One more thing that I think should be added: another planet gal/neutral gal set. Basically one alliance could easily control one neutral and two planet galaxies. By adding a third set ( 1 neutral with 2 more planet gals), you would be increasing the amount of real estate for another (possibly smaller/weaker) alliance could take, rather than having to fight another alliance 20 sectors away day in and day out.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Incognito wrote:(I swear I'll shut up after this)
He lies
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Incognito wrote:(I swear I'll shut up after this)

One more thing that I think should be added: another planet gal/neutral gal set. Basically one alliance could easily control one neutral and two planet galaxies. By adding a third set ( 1 neutral with 2 more planet gals), you would be increasing the amount of real estate for another (possibly smaller/weaker) alliance could take, rather than having to fight another alliance 20 sectors away day in and day out.
I'd be ok adding a very small neutral and 1 pgal, instead of 2, but I really want to encourage conflict and active defense/offense. There are 4 viable options, some easier to defend than others, and pnaps can be formed. I thought the distance was decent enough between the side galaxies to prevent continuous pillaging while fostering a healthier PB environment, but I certainly wouldn't want to disenfranchise or negate any smaller alliances from participating in this round.

I'd like to hear other opinions on this topic.