Jouldax - Fortress

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Jouldax - Fortress

Post by jouldax »

Alright, it's that time again. Here is my concept drawing for the next round. Pertinent details below:

Mine time is 5 minutes/mine in the central galaxy and 2.5 hours/mine in the neutral and planet galaxies. ALL OF THE WARPS IN THE RACIAL GALAXY WILL HAVE LOCATIONS SO THEY CANNOT BE MINED EXCEPT FOR THE 4 WARPS THE LEAD TO THE PGALS EXPLICITLY.

The UG location will be placed randomly in the racial galaxy.

The L1 Ports in the Planet gals will be RACIAL

There will be additional walls within the racial and neutral gals beyond the ones I've created, but the planet gal walls will be fixed as shown.

Distance from warp inside a planet gal to any other planet gal = ~30-40. Banks inside the Pgals will also have bars.

Speed will be 1.5

I will re-race ports to match specific quadrants of the racial galaxy.

The center of the map will have the following locations:

L5 Weapons, Fed Shipyard, CA, Uno, All the major weapon shops (CBD, SEMF, Nij, Torpedo Outlet, etc.), a Bank

NEW FEATURE: there will be FOUR NEW GALAXIES that will open up after 1 month in game. They will be standard, rectangular galaxies with TWO PAIRS OF L9 PORTS IN EACH (one for each race). Warps will appear at locations of my choosing. Each galaxy will be relatively small (7x7 most likely).

There is a nice little legend in the bottom right. Please read it first before asking what something is/why something is missing. Fed sectors will be 1 square, just like last game (open for discussion).

edit:

9 vets, 3 newbs alliance caps
Turn cap at 600
As of now, planets will start off at level 20, BUT
we have implemented a scaled building time that we need to test out. I would wait a few days for a final word on that one.
Combat will be changed to 3v3 from 2v2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Incognito
Quiet One

Re: Jouldax - Fortress

Post by Incognito »

3 questions for now:
What would alliance cap be?
What would turn cap be?
Would planets start out prebuilt?

From a quick glance, alliances running around with 20+ members will have little trouble bottling up an enemy in a planet gal. The planet gals would be extremely hard to defend without jump since the only exit is a warp in a tunnel, which has another warp that leads to a racial. Now id the alliance cap were dropped to 12-15 members, then I could see this map being a lot of fun.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

Incognito, so far we are leaning towards the alliance cap being 9 vets and 3 newbies. The max planet level is also being lowered to 50 to allow small alliances to bust them.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Wow, congrats to me for completely leaving out the most important details...

9 vets, 3 newbs as Holti said.
Turn cap at 600 I thought was good for this game.
we have implemented a scaled building time that we need to test out. I would wait a few days for a final word on that one.
Combat will also be changed to 3v3, up from 2v2 this round.

edit: Holti said the map looks like a starburst. I am now considering changing the name.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

I love this idea.

Few suggestions tho:
Place weapons according to their galaxy.. such as emflux = salv area cbd = creo area ect. To is to make arming routes possibly longer. You don't want arming to be too easy or else people won't bother with planet galaxies and will just fight from fed.

Also if planets are pre-built then you gotta set it on a timer to be able to be habitable as well to prevent one alliance going out and claiming most of the planets off the start and building them up high early. Should release a global admin message when planets are habitable.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

jouldax wrote:Wow, congrats to me for completely leaving out the most important details...

9 vets, 3 newbs as Holti said.
Turn cap at 600 I thought was good for this game.
Combat will also be changed to 3v3, up from 2v2 this round.

edit: Holti said the map looks like a starburst. I am now considering changing the name.
I'm fairly confident that we will be going with the scaled building times for this round.
Other changes include council size reduced to 5 from 10 and vote times reduced to 2 days from 3
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

XDemonX wrote:I love this idea.

Few suggestions tho:
Place weapons according to their galaxy.. such as emflux = salv area cbd = creo area ect. To is to make arming routes possibly longer. You don't want arming to be too easy or else people won't bother with planet galaxies and will just fight from fed.

Also if planets are pre-built then you gotta set it on a timer to be able to be habitable as well to prevent one alliance going out and claiming most of the planets off the start and building them up high early. Should release a global admin message when planets are habitable.
There is probably enough connectivity to place weapons in their respective racial quadrants if that's what people want. I just thought it worked out well this game to limit turns to arm to increase PB potential. Remember, if we lower the alliance caps to 12 and you lose one opper due to low turns, you could be hosed. I'd like to hear more feedback on this issue.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

jouldax wrote:
XDemonX wrote:I love this idea.

Few suggestions tho:

There is probably enough connectivity to place weapons in their respective racial quadrants if that's what people want. I just thought it worked out well this game to limit turns to arm to increase PB potential. Remember, if we lower the alliance caps to 12 and you lose one opper due to low turns, you could be hosed. I'd like to hear more feedback on this issue.
Well you can't say it worked out well because the other alliance ended up playing from fed and Fort Bubble's planets only got touched once all game. Big benefit of having a planet galaxy is being able to have extra turns to op because you were able to park with your weapons on a planet. Galaxies are a ton of money and turns, if I can arm in say 30-40 turns then maybe my alliance of 10-12 people will make a decision to not build a galaxy but instead, just bust other galaxies once in a while for kills and continue to park safely in fed.

I understand that it could lower the turns for oppers because of the low alliance cap but that is something alliance's will have to deal with if they do not own a galaxy. A way to sort of balance this out is possibly increasing the max turns to 700 turns. I'd like to also hear more feedback from other players on this whole weapon situation.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I think the game didn't work because of some questionable decisions that were made early in the round.

I'm certainly not averse to raising the turn cap to 700, but I don't want to change the game speed.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

jouldax wrote:I think the game didn't work because of some questionable decisions that were made early in the round.

I'm certainly not averse to raising the turn cap to 700, but I don't want to change the game speed.
I agree do NOT touch the turn speed. Current speed is good.