Jouldax - The Emerald Cut

seldum
Beta Tester

Re: Jouldax - The Emerald Cut

Post by seldum »

put perfect 10s throughout racial space so people can make money there.

I want targets so I can hunt instead of buying a warbird 4 days into the game where after that all I do is spend my turns seeding and defending mines like a turtle.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

That was kind of what I was trying to increase (not the perf 10 part, the targets part). We'll see if it works or not.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

jouldax wrote:That was kind of what I was trying to increase (not the perf 10 part, the targets part). We'll see if it works or not.
seldum wants targets and all the hunters wants targets, but isn't the game mostly hunters now? I guess the hunters will have to hunt the hunters. This maybe the reason you don't want good trade routes in racial, you can't have all the hunters in warships.

Edit: It use to be you didn't have good trade route in racial because you wanted to force the traders to a neutral galaxy. I do have one question? I read somewhere on here and I don't remember what thread it was in but do you guy only have ONE fed sector per racial now?
Dilbert
Quiet One

Post by Dilbert »

Yup freon 1 sector of fed these days.... And you're right about the reason for neutrals perhaps we should switch to having no central neutral gal, and see how it goes. :D
In order to stab someone in the back, you first must be 100% behind them!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

One sector fed :lol: and I was thinking of playing the next round. I always like starting out playing solo and sometime I end up joining an alliance or just play the whole game solo. I am surprised that anyone willing to trade. LOL The game should not be SMR instead it should be SHR.

I think with the game the way it is right now I will wait and see what happens over the next few rounds.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

1 sector fed was mostly meant to increase the amount of "interesting" sectors in each galaxy. If people really want 2 sector feds so they can't be mined in as much, I'm fine with that for next game, but really, it adds an element of surprise for traders who just spend 99% of time in fed. With that said, yes the idea was to push traders into the neutral gals, and not having any neutrals might be an interesting concept sort of like what I incorporated last game, but yes, also part of the idea was to help hunters have more targets and to encourage people not to park in fed all day. There are still so few trader kills per game as it is that it's not overly complicated or difficult to trade without getting podded even as things stand now.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

jouldax wrote:1 sector fed was mostly meant to increase the amount of "interesting" sectors in each galaxy.
:lol: Really

You don't see it do you?

There are people that enjoy trading! They enjoy building their exper level and money just to see how high they can building it. They enjoy getting up at odd hours to try and get to the ports before they are drained. They like to decide when or if they want to join an alliance. Not to be forced into an alliance or forced where to trade. It is up to the hunter to go to where the traders are, it is not to force the traders to go where the hunters are! I could go on and on but there is no point in doing that. You used the word "interesting"? Interesting to who? The hunters or the very few traders that still play the game. I am not trying to be rude or anything but this hunters world that has been created is not working. It took a long time to get to this point it will take sometime to change things. But that is up to you guys, just ask yourself "why do people stop playing SMR"?

1. They just grow out of it.
2. They don't like it anymore.
3. They feel that the game is unfair.
4. They don't have enough free time to play.

There are more reasons and you should listed them all. Then what you do is try to help each one a little. You can not fixed them all so you just try to help each one.

Anyway I have gone way off topic and am sorry for that.