Jouldax - Mixed Messages

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Jouldax - Mixed Messages

Post by jouldax »

Mine time is 10 minutes/mine in the racials/central galaxy and 2.5 hours/mine in the neutral and planet galaxies. All central galaxy warps will have locations on them.

The UG location will be placed randomly in one of the mixed racials.

There will be 2 level 1 ports in each Pgal

Dashed lines mean the galaxies wrap around. Solid lines are self explanatory.

Speed will be 1.5

13 vets, 3 newbs alliance caps

Turn cap at 600

F=Fed L = Location for that giant starting square.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: Jouldax - Mixed Messages

Post by Jester- »

What do you mean by galaxies warp around? I'm having a hard time understanding the vision behind this one.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Jester- wrote:What do you mean by galaxies warp around? I'm having a hard time understanding the vision behind this one.
I am confused by this as well
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I think he means to say that when it's a solid line the galaxy has a definite stop/scare/corner to it via not letting sectors connect and if it not it can connect how the galaxy map renderer chooses. Is that correct?
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

i'll be honest i almost didn't say anything for my own benefit because this would take me under 2 weeks to ruin this game.

Look at the warp clusters by fed. I would hunt that constantly and no one would leave fed. It is a hunter's paradise there. Bank + 4 warps on each side. *drool*
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

That was kind of the idea xdx. Need protection to jump to the racial and think about taking the other warp back if you're being hunted. I was going to put locations around the warps as well so they couldn't be scouted/mined, but it would make trading a more challenging decision instead of just sitting in fed all game and trading a racial until your team has established a route.

Jester - warp = wrap :P. Solid lines mean no wrap around, dotted = wrap around. I'm sure you have the same or similar pgal issues, but I think this map is a bit more open.
adam_phg
Quiet One

Post by adam_phg »

why are CA always tied to a planet gal? maybe just put one CA right in the middle of the neutral...
For the glory of Ayock!
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

adam_phg wrote:why are CA always tied to a planet gal? maybe just put one CA right in the middle of the neutral...
Because it always turns out to 1 alliance owning the CA and no other alliance being able to use it.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

XDemonX wrote:
adam_phg wrote:why are CA always tied to a planet gal? maybe just put one CA right in the middle of the neutral...
Because it always turns out to 1 alliance owning the CA and no other alliance being able to use it.
p1 brings up a good point though. We should de-centralize CA's. If one alliance started mining it the other as it is now usually has the powers to clear it EVERY day. That would be quite costly to try and mine that every day with current force costs. It might be to prohibitive to even try. Mine and hunt one day, sure, but every day?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Jester- wrote:
XDemonX wrote:
p1 brings up a good point though. We should de-centralize CA's. If one alliance started mining it the other as it is now usually has the powers to clear it EVERY day. That would be quite costly to try and mine that every day with current force costs. It might be to prohibitive to even try. Mine and hunt one day, sure, but every day?
It just means the most active alliance would dominate, where as multiple CA allows for everyone to be able to defend their galaxy. This game can't cater to the hyper active and completely ignore everyone else. Cost isn't the issue especially since money is easier to get now (trading = higher profits and Port Raids for cash)

I would be completely against 1 CA maps.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all