Jouldax - Mixed Messages

adam_phg
Quiet One

Re: Jouldax - Mixed Messages

Post by adam_phg »

good point beav. maybe put one CA closer to planets, then give another one/two in the racials so you can work around it for some more turns
For the glory of Ayock!
adam_phg
Quiet One

Post by adam_phg »

just dont like how a CA used to be a place of action and dominance... now they are just granted to alliances by the smr gods
For the glory of Ayock!
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

adam_phg wrote:just dont like how a CA used to be a place of action and dominance... now they are just granted to alliances by the smr gods
This is a fair point, and I could cater to this a bit by moving the CA's further from the pgals, but we made all of these changes in the first place to help increase busting and defending.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

adam_phg wrote:just dont like how a CA used to be a place of action and dominance... now they are just granted to alliances by the smr gods
Place a couple at random, not designated near a planet gal, that way some gals are better than others, too much is devoted to symmetry.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

JettJackson wrote:
Place a couple at random, not designated near a planet gal, that way some gals are better than others, too much is devoted to symmetry.
Thing you have to consider with this, is the new buff that ships got against mines (Green DCS and FUs). Mine are already pretty easy to clear, by moving CAs farther you're making it much more difficult to mine pgals. If you do make CAs farther away, in turn you have to make unos farther away as well.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote:
JettJackson wrote:
Thing you have to consider with this, is the new buff that ships got against mines (Green DCS and FUs). Mine are already pretty easy to clear, by moving CAs farther you're making it much more difficult to mine pgals. If you do make CAs farther away, in turn you have to make unos farther away as well.

I am fine with that, and to help mining, I would consider dropping mines back to 10000/mine vs the current 15000/mine, mine clearing got a buff upward, so mines should as well.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I agree that mine cost should be reduced, and I'd also like to see mine carrying capacity for certain ships increased, but those are game mechanic issues. Maps are being designed for the current iteration of the game, or at least, that's how I'm designing my maps :P
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Disagree on mine cost going down.

Trade profit got increased 40%.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

It may depend on the size of the alliance. With small minefields, it's much easier for a handful of people to clear, as evidenced by this game. And with increased clearing benefits to FUs and Furies, it's really easy to do a significant amount of damage at high cost to those laying the field. Larger games may be less impacted because less is clearable with a small force.