Jouldax - Racial Evolution

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Jouldax - Racial Evolution

Post by XDemonX »

Different idea so points for that.

Don't like it. This just causes the game to slow down. Maybe this idea works better if you get rid of the borders between racials and only allow people to go to neutral at a certain point. Keep all neutral weapons in outter gal and keep UG in outter gal too. So early hunting will consist of using racial weapons only. Trading is limited to non illegal trading first week.

Game is not big enough for racials to be boxed in early., what if only two people go thevian and thevian is one of the best early hunting races. They're stuck hunting 1 other person for a week if they want to early hunt.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

XDemonX wrote:Different idea so points for that.

Don't like it. This just causes the game to slow down. Maybe this idea works better if you get rid of the borders between racials and only allow people to go to neutral at a certain point. Keep all neutral weapons in outter gal and keep UG in outter gal too. So early hunting will consist of using racial weapons only. Trading is limited to non illegal trading first week.

Game is not big enough for racials to be boxed in early., what if only two people go thevian and thevian is one of the best early hunting races. They're stuck hunting 1 other person for a week if they want to early hunt.
I agree with this modification.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I'm willing to change the times of the map evolution. 1 week was simply a placeholder. I expected there to be pushback but thought it was a good starting point. What if it were 3 days for the racials, 1 week post that for interracial trading, and then week 1.5 = neutrals?

UG was supposed to be in every racial, I just copied over the info from my other map and forgot to change that wording.

I get you on the pgals. I will make them more dynamic and resubmit, and I will change the neutral. My concern was that I made the racials large enough to be self-sustainable and I wanted conflict in the neutral gal, especially with regards to port building, and I didn't want the map to get too large given this player base.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

jouldax wrote:I'm willing to change the times of the map evolution. 1 week was simply a placeholder. I expected there to be pushback but thought it was a good starting point. What if it were 3 days for the racials, 1 week post that for interracial trading, and then week 1.5 = neutrals?

UG was supposed to be in every racial, I just copied over the info from my other map and forgot to change that wording.

I get you on the pgals. I will make them more dynamic and resubmit, and I will change the neutral. My concern was that I made the racials large enough to be self-sustainable and I wanted conflict in the neutral gal, especially with regards to port building, and I didn't want the map to get too large given this player base.
I agree with your changes. I still want better bigger neutral, open, planet galaxies.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Will post a revision on Monday
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Revision posted

Racial lock and evolution time changes adjusted significantly downward. Comments welcome
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I am firmly against UG waiting until day 3. What is the point of that? I only limitation with no benefit of it. Furthermore 8x8 is too small for racials even with limited connectivity and walling it is still too small. 10x10 would be much better. There needs to be at least some space.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

I don't see the point in the timers being so low. What are you trying to do with that?

It would make sense if you don't open borders to neutral gal until first week but the 28-48h borders between each racial doesn't make sense. Also, having all borders opened in racial solves any issues with weapons. How else would you play weapon locations in each galaxy so each race has the potential to hunt. Or are you not allowing hunting that early unless you're a select couple races?

UG ontop of HQ doesn't fundamentally make sense. HQ and UG are supposed to be against each other yet it is in same loc? Put UG in neutral and make people wait a week until they can go to UG. Will make some tough decisions for people to not go green and wait it out a week so they can potentially get better trading.

Everything else looks good. I just honestly don't see the point in each border being 28-48h staggered like that. What would you do, do a announcement everytime you open each border or put it on a random timer where people will have to go look for it. Also with the walling, are you just going to give people maps or do you want them to explore every single week to try to find new routes? Some people who play are old school traders and like to login, trade log off. Not login, explore everything again, figure out a new route everytime and then trade.

What is planet size?
Last edited by XDemonX on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

It would be random - no announcements. Everyone was complaining about the racial lockup time being too low, so I gave you full racial access by day 5 instead of waiting the week to get to the neutral. The idea is that you don't know which border will open first or where the opening(s) will be, plus it allows really early hunters to start snooping around. Just opening the racial right off the bat basically just makes another boring racial ring game. I'd rather it be 48 hours for each opening, but there was a lot of negative pushback on that idea.

As for the UG, I'd have to either randomly place it in each racial segment or one race would have an advantage. I was going to put it in the game after the second border opening in a random racial, but people didn't like that idea either even if everyone would then have access to it. I didn't like the UG+HQ idea, although certainly the concept would be UG in some scummy bar and HQ in the same sector in a more prominent location if you need a better backdrop.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

JettJackson wrote:I am firmly against UG waiting until day 3. What is the point of that? I only limitation with no benefit of it. Furthermore 8x8 is too small for racials even with limited connectivity and walling it is still too small. 10x10 would be much better. There needs to be at least some space.
1. As stated above, I'd have to put a UG in everyone's starting racial, otherwise only 1 race would have it.

2. For those of you that can count, if you look at the map, the racials are 10x10 :P