RedRocket's Map Idea

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: RedRocket's Map Idea

Post by jouldax »

That's because you refuse to die in a fed ult and this round is dead. If it had more activity I think it would be different. If we make it 18, you'll have 2 alliances and it might as well be a draft round.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

17/3 Alliance cap is fine, imo. If we go higher than that, we'd have to adjust the planets again. 20 person alliances you should be able to get 10 for an op and the max planet level is only 41.67, Jester's alliance took down one of those with 8.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

jouldax wrote:That's because you refuse to die in a fed ult and this round is dead. If it had more activity I think it would be different. If we make it 18, you'll have 2 alliances and it might as well be a draft round.
I do agree with this point though, you guys had 11 for an op, you could have easily taken a full rock.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

jouldax wrote:This would be a 2 alliance round with 25 vet cap. I'm going to make it 15/3 for now. I am planning on about 50% connectivity, high port density, numerous locations. 3000 sectors seems large but I could live with 2500. Need more than 3 CAs for that and some locations will have to be tweaked. Mine time will match current neutrals. I am considering putting in 2x all the major weapon shops just so that arming isn't impossible, but there will only be 1 UG.
2500 sectors is too much, 1500-1800 sectors max would be what is best for the game. Too many sectors means everyone is too far apart and you end up with inactivity.

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

That depends on connectivity. I had planned for 1600 originally, but you have to realize, JJ, that there will be scattered feds and pockets of area with locations and planets. I may aim for something around 2k, but will need to see how it looks in unigen. I don't want there to be unused parts of the map, but I do like the idea of different things happening in different places at once.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

17/3 for alliance cap with 2-2.5k sectors should be fine. I agree with Jouldax's suggestions on the rest.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

This map could have used some manual tweaks. I love it overall, but all random was a bad idea. Normalize distance between UNO/drones and planets. More PPL/HHG/Nuke locations on map, spread some stuff around, make sure each race has a viable trade route etc and it would be much better.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Having the feds in a centralized location as well would have really helped this map out. Random maps just never work, there has to be some sort of rhyme or reason to the madness

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Astax wrote:This map could have used some manual tweaks. I love it overall, but all random was a bad idea. Normalize distance between UNO/drones and planets. More PPL/HHG/Nuke locations on map, spread some stuff around, make sure each race has a viable trade route etc and it would be much better.
Normalizing the maps means you might as well have made it traditional. Each race had a viable route, some just had better routes after peace. Centralized feds would have been too much of a cluster and limited options. Centralized fed works well for Page's/Draelock's map, but not really for a random galaxy.