King of the Hill

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

King of the Hill

Post by jouldax »

I know you all missed me and my crazy ideas that you love to hate publicly but secretly love to love. This is still a concept right now, but I'm proposing a nice change next round with a king of the hill idea. Take a look below. There will only be 4 regular type planets in the middle surrounding 1 L1 port. There will be 4 quadrants with Astax' new planet type in them. I'm still fleshing out some details (where will UG be, how many L5 weapon shops, team sizes), but obviously would appreciate any input or feedback. U/C means combination Uno and CA (there will be other uno and drone locations, obviously).

EDIT: Revised map posted below
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: King of the Hill

Post by JettJackson »

If possible I'd say the planets would need more walling around them else people won't be too keen on building them.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Which planets? All of them? Just looking for clarification. I think Astax' planets have lower level limits but I'm not sure...
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

jouldax wrote:Which planets? All of them? Just looking for clarification. I think Astax' planets have lower level limits but I'm not sure...

All of them, they are a bit out in the open not really mineable if they are.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

if they are these dwarf planets they wont be built. 5 turrets is just too few.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

I think he meant the arid planets, but I think those will be too weak too.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Incognito wrote:I think he meant the arid planets, but I think those will be too weak too.
Yeah either or they wouldn't be built too small and with big teams they are easily bustable.

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Part of the concept is that you have to hold your own rocks in your quadrant to have a crack at the big ones. They serve as excellent staging grounds for an assault. I will add additional walling to make them more defensible, but I want there to only be 4 major planets in the game and I want teams to have another option instead of just playing from fed if they don't own the central rocks.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Upon reevaluation, I've decided to reduce the outer planets and upgrade them to normal size. They should all now be sufficiently defensible and provide a nice launching point of attack on the center. Revised map posted. Take a look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

The smaller planets cannot be fired on by more than 5 players. But either way this can be modified. # of attackers, buildings, all can be changed. Just keep that in mind for future maps. Idea behind smaller planets was that even thou they are smaller, because of limit on how many people can fire on it in a fleet they would still be sturdy.

Also note the max levels of planets would not display properly before (it was static 70), I added something that counts the number of building you can have on a planet and calculates that into max level. That is why all planets seem to have smaller max level now.