Round 88 Concept Map

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Round 88 Concept Map

Post by jouldax »

Classic style map with the racials clustered as one galaxy in the middle. There are some quirks like planets in the neutrals and a lot of connectivity, so some tweaks for arming/preventing playing from fed will need to be thought of as it is implemented, but I think it's a good start. There will be no L1 ports in the pgals. We can increase port density by the mini tunnels outside the pgal to make stocking a little easier, but I don't want one dominant alliance easily upgrading a route and planet exp is still too high, so at least it should make stocking a bit of a pain...

15/3 alliance caps, typical mine durations. Minor tunneling to increase defensibility near each pgal entrance, but not to the extent witnessed in this game.

Feedback welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aendar
Quiet One

Re: Round 88 Concept Map

Post by Aendar »

so thats about 11-12 planets in total?

I like the concept but CA/UNO and tunneling could make or break this map
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Aendar wrote:so thats about 11-12 planets in total?

What would you like to see done? We are also hoping to have exp for planet builds reduced for the round but no promises...
Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

TBH thats the tricky part. My lack of experience makes it hard for me to say how far/close the UNO's need to be located. In the map we play in draft CA is located so it makes it easy to mine it all tight and UNO is far off. If it wasnt for single shield clearing, we would just have to suicide on the mines. And it made for a turtle draft round. Turtling imho is not fun. So either put the CA a bit further or UNO closer.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

jouldax wrote:

What would you like to see done? We are also hoping to have exp for planet builds reduced for the round but no promises...
Requires coding changes.. either have prebuilt planets or leave it in there (pre built to level 10-12 or something no turrets).
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

jouldax wrote:

Do another ring concept similar to this game but make it smaller with 2 tunnels to the ring.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

In a way, this is a ring concept but inside out. My thoughts were to have the racials clustered and weak racial routes to slow the game down, force peace, and increase early game hunting, which was limited this past round. The amount of walling can change connectivity drastically as well.

Yes, changing planet exp requires coding, but Astax mentioned it might be an easy fix. We shall see. No promises. Your pre-built idea is a decent substitute.

In theory, I could make the racials and the neutral all one galaxy and just put tunnels at the mid-points, but that would create problems with mine duration. If we want to shrink the map, I'm also ok with doing away with 1-2 of the neutrals but I would like the map to be balanced with options.

Aendar - that's an interesting concept for defensibility - move the unos further out and the CAs closer. The only issue is that it hurts the defenders too although, if they can sneak out the back, they can back-mine which, if done right, would be a nice advantage for counter-opping.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

With how small the playerbase is, I would be for shrinking the map as much as possible.