Round 91:Territorial ;)

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Round 89:Territorial ;)

Post by XDemonX »

JettJackson wrote:
Incognito wrote:His original design had it between 10-16 sectors away. I don't know how that will change if the map is shrunk.

I don't really have a problem with the map size. 400 sectors are in racials, with don't see much combat late-game anyways. Megali Idea may be fairly large, but almost half of it is planet area, which must people won't be passing through on a daily basis anyways.
I am just looking at previous games, the larger the game is the less active it has been. If he shrank it down from the original 1800 that would at least help some. Look at the current game and how active it has been, with a much smaller map size. It can be small yet with limited connectivity be far, like the current map. The point being it promotes early activity instead of just logging on once a day and trading.
I agree with JJ, a lot of times we get these HUGE maps with so little players. Though it may not work here and I get what Aendar is getting at, but I would like to sometime see a game where there isn't "unused sectors".

I think we have gotten away from this a lot. Because this is still the classic theme, it would be nice to go towards the classic maps as well, meaning to cut down on the number of locations. Specifically CAs and Weapon shops. Another benefit of having a planet galaxy was being able to control a CA. I cannot remember a time where it was difficult getting to CA. Same with level 5 weapons. Would be nice to split those closer to planet galaxies to see alliances control HHG, Nuke or even PPL.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....