Round 91:Territorial ;)

Aendar
Quiet One

Round 91:Territorial ;)

Post by Aendar »

STORY

After the great intergalactic inversion, the 8th great races teamed up and withdrawn themselves far away from each other. For centuries, they have lived upon themselves keeping minimal contact with each other.

The spaceports, providing instant jump to each others racial galaxy and far beyond, are in bad shape and only a few to this date still work. Local commerce has thrived over the years but ports have been stagnate and bold adventurers have taken the first steps to venture out.

Many young and talented adventurers have wondered off beyond, very few have returned. Once in a while scattered wreckage have been found near the warps, belonging to the many that haven't returned. The few that have returned claim of an existing of a galaxy beyond the warps where starcompasses can not be trusted and numerous sightings of pirateships have been reported. And far beyond the event horizon adventurers tell tales of great riches and unmatched experience. Some dare to say there are uncharted planets to be taken and built into a stronghold to rule the far away galaxies...
The time has come for the bold to venture out and become rich and famous!

SETUP

Walls not visable. Only for admins who make the map to have a bit of a surprise :D

RACIAL GALS 10x10
Every racial galaxy should have
  • Advanced Missile Concepts 1 & 2
    Check your pulse
    Shotgun Shack
    The general store – Weapons division 1, 3 and 4
    Racial ship dealer
    2 banks
    High density of lvl 6 to 9 port
    1 warp from each racial to Minotaur
    1 warp from 1 of the racial gals to another to stimulate connnectivity a bit more.

MINOTAUR 12x40
UNO on top of every warp coming from racial gals so it cant be mined in minotaur gal
Walls, warps and banks like they are presented in example.
Should have the following ship dealers at random:
  • Cheap used ships
    Refurbished ships

NEUTRAL/MEGALI IDEA 20x40
UNO on warp incoming from MINOTAUR
Walls within red dots as presented, rest well... more or less the same :D
Warps lay at a sweet spot from entrances to planet regions
Planet region exact copy.
Stack decaying time less then standard, maybe 30-ish hours
Lower density of ports, good EXP/money to be earned. Also taking out a few should be able to creat a good route.
Top left and right more walls tunneling for hunters to hide and back mining when hunting
CA's outside pgals the desired locations. All not to close to prevent easy mining. UNO together with CA so clearing wastes more turns as well.
Ship locations
  • Cross World Transit ships
    Huge Ship central
    Military ship central
    Ship-O-Rama
    cruiser central
2nd NEUTRAL/OLYMPUS
UG
walls at random, preferably some hiding corners
no UNO/CA
a few low level ports
  • Federation Shipyard
    The Smugglers craft
GALAXY MAP

blank map with only basics on it.

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Round 89:Territorial ;)

Post by JettJackson »

I like the map layout, however I do think it is a bit large, if there was a way to get it closer to 1000 sectors that would probably be a good idea. Another issue though, the 30 hour mine timer is set way too low, it would make for mining to be completely pointless because seeds would die almost instantly if they aren't scouts, and even at that you'd need someone to refresh the mines every single day.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

then what do you propose as a mining time? I admit that i dont have a lot of experience with it. I just thought mining times as they are now ingame is a bit to long. I can try and make every separate piece of map a bit smaller. But getting it close to 1000 is almost cutting it in half.

The reason i wanted it a big bigger is just because of trying to get people out of fed and into Megali Idea planets as the goodies will be there to be earned.

I could try following setup and rework everything a bit:
Racials 8x8
Minotaur 10x35
Megali idea 18x40
Olympus 6x6

That would bring it down from 1780 to 1362 sectors
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

1362 is better but that still is large, as for mine times, standard for planet galaxies is 120 hours or 5 days. I mean anything less than 3 day is too low in my opinion.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

then i guess 3 days it is the :D Rest of the week is a bit buys but i'll redraw the walls in minotaur and Megali Idea in the beginning of next week then.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Aendar wrote:then i guess 3 days it is the :D Rest of the week is a bit buys but i'll redraw the walls in minotaur and Megali Idea in the beginning of next week then.
Yeah 3 days would work because that is what it was 2 games ago for outside galaxy mining, if I remember correctly.

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Thank you Aendar for taking the time to put this map together! I love seeing people put some work into map ideas.

I like this. Do you have an approx. of how far uno will be from planets?
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

His original design had it between 10-16 sectors away. I don't know how that will change if the map is shrunk.

I don't really have a problem with the map size. 400 sectors are in racials, with don't see much combat late-game anyways. Megali Idea may be fairly large, but almost half of it is planet area, which must people won't be passing through on a daily basis anyways.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Incognito wrote:His original design had it between 10-16 sectors away. I don't know how that will change if the map is shrunk.

I don't really have a problem with the map size. 400 sectors are in racials, with don't see much combat late-game anyways. Megali Idea may be fairly large, but almost half of it is planet area, which must people won't be passing through on a daily basis anyways.
I am just looking at previous games, the larger the game is the less active it has been. If he shrank it down from the original 1800 that would at least help some. Look at the current game and how active it has been, with a much smaller map size. It can be small yet with limited connectivity be far, like the current map. The point being it promotes early activity instead of just logging on once a day and trading.

Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

The idea behind it is a bit to split the map in two and make it more tempting to go into megali idea, build and stay there.

Like Vouncer says, the three planet regions are 40 sectors big, the area around it shouldn't have a lot of ports nor any important locations, so a few sectors around it shouldnt be visited a lot either if you arent building there. So thats about 108 sectors per planet region. so about 324 sectors that wont be visited a lot and only serve as a buffer without a lot of tunneling so it wont be that easy to mine yourself in deep.