Deep Space Colony

Incognito
Quiet One

Deep Space Colony

Post by Incognito »

This map is meant to be played from the top-down, with planet control being key in order to access deep space. Total size is 1322 sectors. Dashed lines indicate wall connectivity. Solid lines indicate predetermined walls. Other walls will be generated randomly.

Game speed: 1.5
Max Turns: 650
Alliance size: 18 max, 15 vets (subject to change)

Racials: Basic weapon shops, drone farm, bank, high port density. Each racial will connect to the Great Basin once (warps not shown). Mine timer will be short (<24 hours for 50 mines)

Great Basin: Medium port density, all races. Two unos will be placed near the warps leading to Reckoning. No CA will be near those warps. Mine timer 4-5 days for 50 mines. Contains more weapon shops (no level 5) and the UG.

Reckoning: Low port density. Uno and CA locations marked.All warps in Reckoning are marked. mine timer is 5-6 days. Semi-random walls will be added as well.

Planet gals: 5 planets per gal with semi-random walls. Mines will last 7 days. No ports, 1 bar randomly placed.

Deep Space: The back door for the planet gals and the premier trading spot. Low port density, medium connectivity. Uno and CA are far from planet warp exits. Mine timer will be 3 days. Level 5 weapons are all located here. Several dwarf planets might be added to the galaxy.

Map Key:
CA - Combat Accessories
UN - Uno Hardware
BK - Bank
BR - Bar
X - Actual warp locations

Here are the things I am concerned about.
- Deep Space is very isolated. Mining could become restrictive.
- Restricting level 5 weapons to Deep Space will hurt fed alliances (good or bad? who knows).
- Adding several small planets to Deep Space.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Incognito
Quiet One

Re: Deep Space Colony

Post by Incognito »

One change: Level 5 weapons will be placed in Great Basin. Deep Space will have very few weapon shops.

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

I really like the deep space galaxy. Do not make it connect to the great basin or racial. I like the idea of a backdoor area that people can hide out in and approach enemy galaxy in. Dwarf planets are a great idea here because that is another spot traders and hunters can hide out in for short periods of time.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Deep Space is only connected to the planet galaxies. All warps for the Deep Space galaxy are shown.

Rosen
Quiet One

Post by Rosen »

Good map