XDX Ikky Mini-game

Incognito
Quiet One

XDX Ikky Mini-game

Post by Incognito »

Original idea was discussed here: http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11767 but here is the official rundown.

Game Name: Ik'Thorne Domestic Dispute
Game Decription: Ik'Thorne has started to riot against each other. Rivalries are being formed within the race, peace is no longer a solution. The government has declared a "purge" where the different alliances of Ik'Thorne desent can fight it out until everyone has had their blood shed.
Game Speed: 2
Races: Ikky only
Starting Cash: 100,000
Starting Turns: 16 hours worth
Alliance Limit: 5
Galaxy: 25x25 main galaxy, 3x3 CA gal
Planets: 10 gens, 85 hangers, 5 turrets. All start with no builds. There will be 12 planets randomly scattered in the 25x25 gal.
Forces: 36 hours/50 mines
Ports: Fairly high density of tier 6 and lower, lower density of higher tiers (high tiers will be mostly far from fed).
Connectivity: Low and random in the large gal. 100% connectivity in CA gal.

Weapons: All Ikky weaps, HHG (1 location), Nuke (1 location). No PPL or neutral weapons (except for ASD and ASM).
Ships: All Ikky ships, Armored Semi, Planetary Trader, Stellar Freighter, Unarmed Scout, Battle Cruiser
Locations: There will be no Illusion Generator, Drone Scrambler, or Cloak available. Scanner and Jump will be in the game. There will be 1 UG location. All CA's will be located in a 3x3 gal with warps. Several backyard dronefarms will be scattered throughout the game.
Domestic Dispute.jpg
Victory Conditions: First team to own 5 level 33.33 rocks wins. Possible SMR credit reward for the winning team if the game is active. Stats will be recorded.

Feel free to post any comments/concerns about the map. This will sort of be a live beta to test interest in the game. If people like it, we will try out some other ideas for future games. Ideally, the game will open 12 am server March 28th (7pm EST) and turns will go live 24 hours later.

**EDIT - Start time changed to midnight server (7pm EST). Turns generate 24 hours after that**
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Dilbert
Quiet One

Re: XDX Ikky Mini-game

Post by Dilbert »

I'm in. Sounds like fun and I've never really used ikky before. Love the idea of everyone being completely balanced by a single race. :)
In order to stab someone in the back, you first must be 100% behind them!
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Only thing is you have to create a new weapon shop as I don't think there is one that does Ikky weapons exclusively. Let me know if that is an issue. The location editor should work, but I haven't tested it in a while.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

I don't think it will be much of an issue, Astax. There will be no way to get peace with other races so even if their weaps are in the game, the can't be bought. However, the Advanced Shield Disruptor and Anti-Ship Missile (Heat-Seeking and Guided) will be in the game.

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I do think you guys picked the wrong traders to be added, Freighter/ACV would have been better, they would be smaller than FO and no forces, means if you want a better trade ship you have to give up something. PT and SF are both better than the FO, so there is no give and take. I certainly think it is unnecessary to include a cloaked trader especially if you want to promote hunting and activity.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

why is their jump drive when there is no jump ship besides the ikky scout ship. Why cant the favored offspring use IG then?
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

JettJackson wrote:I do think you guys picked the wrong traders to be added, Freighter/ACV would have been better, they would be smaller than FO and no forces, means if you want a better trade ship you have to give up something. PT and SF are both better than the FO, so there is no give and take. I certainly think it is unnecessary to include a cloaked trader especially if you want to promote hunting and activity.
There is no cloak in the game, so a cloaked trader won't matter. That ship shop is mostly there for the BC, to add a neutral combat ship to the mix. The idea was to try and keep the top tradeships out of the game as well.
seldum wrote:why is their jump drive when there is no jump ship besides the ikky scout ship. Why cant the favored offspring use IG then?
To be honest, I forgot about the FO having IG. If people really want an IG in the game, I can add one to the CA gal.

Dilbert
Quiet One

Post by Dilbert »

One draw back of FO already, no scanner makes things extremely nerve wracking!
In order to stab someone in the back, you first must be 100% behind them!
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

That adds to the excitement ;)