McHale

Omega's Story

Post by McHale »

I had been here way to long! The place was smokey, the music was
terrible and the place smelled like old Thevian booze. But it had been
a good night, and my winnings were mounting up quickly. These
Salvenes can raid ports and fly with the best but they sure were
lousy at cards.

As I leaned down to lightup the one true love of my life, an IK Thorne Drazger cigar I noticed the two men who just walked in. Something about them just didnt look right. I have always had that ability to know when something just aint right, and it has saved my butt more times than I can count.

I reached up slowly and pushed back the long hair from my face and adjusted that stinking black eyepatch. It was a reminder to me that you never stop at a saloon out in the galaxy and drinkSlippery Nipples all night long, but hey thats another story.

I slowly stood up and said ,ok boys I had enough for one night, You can get even tomorrow maybe. The old Salvene slave runner on the end looked as if he was gonna object but I pulled my long coat back just far enough to let him see my attitude adjuster. A lazor guided p55 rail gun.

I gathered up my chips and made my way to the old women who worked
at the front. As I walked by the two men at the bar who just came in I tried to seek a glance at them, but they kept their heads down. There was something familiar about the tall one but I just couldnt put my finger on it. I shrugged it off and told my self that it was probally just some more backstabbing galaxy trash.

The old woman took my chips and gave me my winnings in a black bag.
Hey,I said, I dont want all these 100 credit plaignum coins!! Just give me the usual d-55 notes. The old woman looked at me and mumbled something and turned and walked away.

I took the bag and hid it in my plazma vest and walked out of the
saloon. Why would she do that. I have been comming here for 3 years
and she has never acted that way. Oh well I will just cash them
in tommorow.

It was still early and the street was filled with Salvenes and HQ Police. I wondered why all the HQ police and even some HQ special forces were out. They looked as if they were looking for something. Now I had that feeling again, something is just not right. Im gonna head for the ole PSF and tuck myself in nice and safe like.

As I began to make my way down the street I heard screams and then
the sounds of em flux rifles. As I turned to see what happened there was a huge explosion. I felt the heat on my face and the impact of what felt like a photon explosion.

Next thing I new there were alarm sirons and two Salvene medical
attendants asking me if I could move. well yea I guess so I said.Its a good thing you had that plazma vest on cause you took a severe
blow to the chest.

I got up slowly and looked at what used to be my hangout. There was
parts of the building scattered for two blocks. As I made my way slowly
through the mess I remembered my little bag of Plaignum coins. I reached in my trashed out plazma vest and there it was. I looked inside to make sure I wasnt robbed by someone while I was knocked out. There were my coins and there was something else. It was a piece of paper. The old woman must have put it in there. As I opened it up it simply read. Your life is in Danger, You must find Zeus.

I scratched my aching bleeding head, Who in the blue galaxy is Zeus?
Last edited by McHale on Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:15 am, edited 8 times in total.
McHale

Post by McHale »

I found my self starting to drift off into my thoughts again. This trip was a long one and had covered over 400 sectors. I was exhausted and the cargo of slaves I was hauling was an unusually rough group. I hate hauling slaves cause they are the most stinky thing I have ever smelled. It takes two weeks just to air out my cago holds, but I do it cause the money is good.

I was needing a rest and told my self after I sell these slaves Im gonna plot a course for Salvene HQ. I wanted to find out more about the old woman, and just who wanted me dead. And who was Zeus and who blew up my favorite hangout!

Just then my long range ship responder came alive. It reported there were five HOA, 3 CM, and 3 TE ships in operation. No need to get to excited cause they could be anywhere. They were all dangerous and I had many encounters with them. Trouble is they new I was in operation also and sooner or latter there was gonna be some WarBirds who would like to use me as target practice.

Thats when I decided to make the next port my final stop, sell the stinking slaves, and not load any more cargo. If I had to out run any hostile warships I needed an empty ship.

Just as I entered the next sector my Alarm pannel went crazy. Before I could do anything I had an on screen visual of an HOA FU sitting there face to face with me armed to the teeth.

I was so supprised that I dropped my cheap Salvene cigar into my lap and knocked over my last bottle of Jamican Rum I had gotten six years ago in a card game. I clinched my teeth and took the controls off of auto pilot and aimed for another sector.

In those few seconds it took to manuever and engage to another sector I expecting the ship to be rocked by the first round of fire. But there
was no attack, and I engaged to another sector then another.

Could I have been so lucky that the FU didnt see me. Probally not! I then decided to do something I hated to do, jettison my cargo and head for home. Trouble was I was gonna leave a trail of stinky slaves floating in space that even the dumbest hunter could follow.

I couldnt head for HQ with a ship full of slaves unless I wanted to be blow to bits there. I picked up my cigar I dropped, and puffed it back to life, looked at my broken bottle of rum, then pushed the cargo jettison control.

As I engaged to another sector I turned on my rear visual monitor and watched as those slaves came pouring out of the rear of the ship. What a site to see! I watched as a steady stream flowed out and tumbled and drifted behind me as far as I could see.

After I had put a few more sectors behind me I finally reached Federal protection. The HOA FU Warbird had finally caught up with me but I was already docking at Federation HQ. It lurked for a little while probally covered with splattered slaves and then moved on back to the galaxy looking for something to kill.

It was time to get some rest, recharge the ships energy cells, find me a good card game, and find some decent cigars cause Salvene cigars remind me of those slaves, they stink!

I made my way to my bunk and put my eye patch over my good eye
and laid down for some sleep. I could hear my F3 communicator in the next room buzzing every fifteen seconds because someone had tried to contact me, but I could only hear it for a little while and it became quieter and quiter.
(to be continued)
Last edited by McHale on Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:22 am, edited 9 times in total.