And so the Federation fell

Rosebud
Quiet One

And so the Federation fell

Post by Rosebud »

If you decide to post here follow these simple rules: Post seriously, post in a detailed manner, and don't control other characters without their permission. By this I mainly mean that if you post, make them long and entertaining, nothing short and boring. If your not going to follow this don't even bother posting, I'd rather make a semi entertaining story by myself then some people post and ruin it. Also NO SIGNATURES at the end of your posts.

The air is heavy and cold inside the cave. At the entrace to the cave there is a large piece of hull from an old ITMS blocking out as much of the cold from coming it. Outside there is a blanket of untouched snow covering the whole planet. No definate shape could be made on planet of Gafka Arion Selfa 9 except for the blackness of a random cave. Rosenkreuz knew this the day his ship crashed down twenty-seven years earlier. He sat by his fire made from the moss that grew inside the cave and let the warmth slowly go through his body. Without all the technicalites that life provided Rosenkreuz found life to be a simple and more meaningful experience. Now he knew why it was customary for the elderly Ik'Thorne to go on "retreats" to unsettled planets to spend the rest of their lifes. The Ik'Thorne liked consistancy and with all the changes that current life brought, a retreat was the only way to truly appreciate life. Rosenkreuz knew this but was still many many years from the time he was supposed to be on retreat.

Rosenkreuz made his way to the piece of his ship that blocked the entrance. With the small of amount of light provided by the lit moss he was able to read the name of his ship. "Rosebud," he said as his hand moved across the name. The metal was freezing and he quickly placed his hand by the moss to warm it. Rosenkreuz slowly walked back down to the main fire, the heart and sould of his being now.... without this fire he would die for sure. He sat down and pulled over a box that contained all of the personal materials he could recover from the wreckage before it was covered with the snow. He rummaged through it pulling out this and that, a picture of the only women he ever loved, the pocket watch he had won from an earth general in a poker match, some old literature, and some other odds and ends. Finally he pulled out a recorder and a set of data crystals. The data crystals contained his story and the events that finally led him here to this planet. Rosenkreuz felt that some day this place would probably be discovered and he wanted others to know his exciting story. He had finished with it years ago and now only listened to them when he couldn't sleep.

This just so happened to be one of those times when he couldn't sleep. He pulled out the first data crystal in the series and popped it into the player. Rosenkreuz took a deep sigh and pushed play on the recorder. First there was silence but soon he heard his voice coming through.
"Right now your probably wondering what the hell happened to the poor Ik'Thorne you've stumbled across. I counted on that so in part to answer this question and in part to keep my sanity I've decided to record the events that led up to me coming here. I won't bother you with the boring details of my life but I do guess some basic information would be fitting. My name is Rosenkreuz Ravik'Thorne and I'm part Ik'Thorne part Mul'Thane, it just so happens that the Ik'Thorne shows up. The Mul'Thane is a race found on the home planet of the Ik'Thorne but nowhere else. Due to there calm nature this race never found a need to go outside their home planet which they shared with the Ik'Thorne. Yada Yada Yada, I grew up nothing interesting here. At an early age I co-founded the UG group known as the Grin'Horths. It is my hope that at present the legend of the Grin'Horths has not passed away, however, if it has then I see no need to go into their history as it would prove to be to fantastic to believe. I guess the part of my life you would be interested in would be a few your prior to my landing on this planet, a while after the Grin'Horths had come to an end. Hmmmm, let me see, that would bring me to the third to last attempt of the Federation to pull the races together and form some sort of unity... back to the Federation council meeting #253BD35G at the Federation HQs.

Rosenkreuz's mind trails back to that time as he relives the whole thing as he listens to his voice.

The Alskant had formed an alliance with the Salvene with mutual interests at heart. The Salvene wanted money to fuel their war funds and the Alskant needed protection to create a monopoly at ports. The Creonti and humans saw this as an immediate threat and formed an army to combat the war machine of the Salvene. The Ik'Thorne, WQ humans, and Thevians joined hands in a pact with each race backing the other where needed. Now at the meeting the races argued violently and where just short of having physical violence when suddenly an explosion occured comepletly wiping out any sign of the Federation HQ. Just when word got out that someone had destroyed the HQ and people first began to suspect the UG of this event the UG HQ was destroyed as well, wiped off the map just as the Federation HQ was done. What could have happened, who could have done this? News went out through the Universe asking these questions and many more but no answers could be found. The Federation tried regroup and had FUs gaurding all major officials around the clock. The UG went super UG with all of their leaders disappearing from any public appearance.

Soon different organizations began popping up trying to lay claim to any amount of power they could. One such group was that led by Rosenkreuz himself. It was a offshoot of the Grin'Horths but without such a great name Rosenkreuz decided to leave the group nameless. He walked up to the front of his ship and contacted the rest of the group. "We'll meet up at the bra and panty stash {Rosenkreuz's keyword for their home planet} in 12 standard hours. I've got some interesting news that everyone might want to hear." He looked at the map and how much of the course he had left to go. Then he walked back to his cabin to dress for the upcoming meeting. He sat on his bed thinking about all of the anarchy that had taken place in recent times, to much bloodshed and no one to blame. Rosenkreuz didn't care about good or evil, right and wrong, but honor. After all who is to say what was right or wrong? The only thing that mattered was if you did it with honor. Taking responsibility for what you did was part of that code and Rosenkreuz despised those that where to pathetic to admit to their deeds. That was the reason why Rosenkreuz set out to catch the asses who attacked the UG and Federation without claiming responsibility. He lost friends in both attacks and wanted to avenge their deaths.

Before Rosenkreuz knew it he had reached the bra and panty stash. He made his way off his ship and towards the lounge where he could expect the others to be arriving in the near future. As he entered the room he realized that he was the first to arrive, not much of a suprise considering the short notice. Sitting down on the couch he put his feet on the table, his head back, and closed his eyes. As he rested a small grin came upon his face, he couldn't wait to get started.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

The grin on Rosenkreuz's face slowly disappeared as his mind fell into a state of sleep. Soon he was dreaming, unaware of his physical surroundings. In his dream he saw a small human boy playing with a toy space ship in an all white room. "Zoooooooooom.... pchew pchew, BOOOOM!" The boy suddenly stoped and looked straight at Rosenkreuz. "What are you looking at SLAVE!? Aren't you supposed to be with your other slave friends? Now leave before I call my father on you. After all, you know what he'll do don't you?" Rosenkreuz left the room and walked back to the slave residence. There he saw an axe and picked it up. As he stood there with the axe in his hand he heard a voice calling him, "Rosen... Rosen... what are you doing?"

Rosenkreuz awoke suddenly to find the rest of the group there with Ravik right in his face. "Rosen, where all here and waiting for the news you said you had." In a rush Rosenkreuz's memory all came back to him; why he was there, what he had to say. He stood up and walked to the front of the room and turned to his men. "Yes, well, as you know we aren't just here to rape the universe's land and pillage its women... we're here to find those little cowards that destroyed the Fed and UG HQs. At this point I want to remind everyone that we don't take sides in the Fed and UG battle, no, we fight and live by a warriors code of honor. Previously it had been unknown who had done this, however, through my sources I have found out who is indeed behind these unforgivable attacks." Some of the men murmered amongst themselves as they waited for the announcement of who it was. "It was none other than the HiShae clan, whom in recent times seem to have disappeared. Yes I know, I as well thought that they were dispersed throughout the universe never to be heard from again. But it appears that in fact they have had their members not only infultrate the Federation and UG, but also numerous alliances. It is with great unhappiness that I must admit one of them is amongst us as well. Rosenkreuz glared over everybody as they all looked stunned.

"Yes I know, one of us. Never did that thought cross my mind that..." Suddenly Rosenkreuz pulled his weapon from its holster firing a shot directly at Unshella, blasting his head clean off. "...someone would betray us." He walked over to the body and stared down. After a moment Rosenkreuz sat the body up, gathered some saliva, and spit down the throat of the headless corpse. The others looked at him in amazement. This was one of their brothers, one of Rosenkreuz's best friends, and without hesitation in the coldest manner possible Rosenkreuz had taken his life and dishonored the body. They all knew now that he meant business when it came to this issue. There was to be no fooling around, no slacking off, and nothing but commitment.

"I've already sent the mission plan to your ships, it will be under the file 'Yithel' and will contain all you need to know about what is going to go down. I myself won't be there in order to maintain an illusion of ignorance. I wish the best of luck to you all and hope to see you all soon. Now get moving!" He watched as the men left with their spirits high ready for battle and thirsty for blood. The battle plans were set and now he had to play his part. His destination was the site where the next Federation council meeting was to be held. He knew that a plan to disrupt this meeting was in progress but he had to head that way no matter what. It had been a year since the last meeting and had taken this long in order to get everyone back together again.

Rosenkreuz headed out of the lounge. He paused a moment to look at the bloody corpse on the ground, flicked the lights out, and walked to his ship. Inside the ship he entered the coordinates waiting for the course to plot, "21 days until destination reached." Rosenkreuz knew the journey was a long one but couldn't speed things up without a JD capable ship. He didn't care though... him and his IKMS had been through to much to get another ship just for JD capabilities. He hit the launch switch and blasted off the bra and panty stash heading towards Undaga 269. Rosenkreuz sat at his command chair staring out into the vastness of space. He took a deep breath and just felt the moment, a tingly feel came over him.... the feeling of purpose. Finally Rosenkreuz had found a purpose in life and knew what it was like to live again. A deep laugh bellowed out in a sort of insane way. He was ready for anything that could be thrown at him.

Just as Rosekreuz finished laughing he got up and headed towards his cabin. He had a long journey ahead of him and would need as much rest as possible. He laid in bed and pulled over the picture frame that lay next to his bed. In it was the only woman he ever loved, he rubbed his finger over her face a few times and wished that she was there with him. He longed for her but knew he wouldn't get his wish. Rosenkreuz placed the picture back where he got it and closed his eyes. He tried to remember, remember her, back on the home planet but it was all a blur. He stopped trying to remember after a while and just tried to go to sleep, after all, he couldn't be bothered in his sleep.....
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

.... Rosenkreuz slowly slipped in and out of consciousness, finally landing in the latter. He looked down at his hands which now miraculously contained an axe. He gripped the handle tight and turned towards his master's house. Rosenkreuz quickly walked to the front door of the house and kicked it in. He marched straight through the hallway, now with the axe firmly gripped in his right hand hanging by his side. Finally he got to the second to last door on the left. He turned the knob with his left hand, pulled the door open about a centimeter, and peered into the room. Inside the white room was a small human boy playing with his toy space ship. Rosenkreuz swung the door open the rest of the way and marched in. The boy quickly turned around and screamed, "WHAT ARE DOING! You'll be in so much trouble when I tell my father about this SLA..." At that moment Rosenkreuz held the axe high in the air and let it come down onto the boy's head. The axe was swung with such a force that it when clear through the skull, straight to the bottom of the neck. He peered at the boy and at what he had just done, but it didn't seem to bother him. Rosenkreuz, now unable to turn back the clock, placed his foot on the boy's shoulder as he pulled the axe from the bleeding corpse. The body fell straight to the ground causing part of the brain to fall onto the ground. Rosenkreuz turned around and now exited the room. He headed straight for the master's room.

The door was already opened so he walked right on in. The room was empty of life, there was nothing here. He turned to exit the room and find the master. When he did so he found himself looking down the barrel of a plasma rifle. Rosenkreuz sat straight up in bed, sweat dripping from his face, slowly realizing that it was a dream. He didn't like having to live that experience and dreaming about it sure wasn't his idea of fun. He slowly got out of bed and walked over to his cabinet. From inside one of the drawers he pulled out a pocket watch. He flipped it over to read what was engraved onto it, "To General Hathaway Miller, friend of the Federation" or as Rosenkreuz had called him, "master." He slowly put the watch back in its place and shut the drawer. He didn't want to go back to sleep, so instead he walked to the entertainment room. He flipped through the collection of films he had and finally stopped at "The Phoenix's Hope" starring Austin King. It was an old earth film made in 2032. The story line followed the life of one man who had to deal with the complete destruction of his mental self and try to overcome them by battling insanity. Never was he harmed physically, that is easier to overcome, but all the things he held on to tightly were turned against him. Rosenkreuz loved this movie as he could somewhat relate, although he dealt with the physical destruction as well. He pulled the movie out and placed it in the machine and pressed play.

As the movie went on Rosenkreuz watched intensely, relating where he could. As it ended Rosenkreuz always wondered if his life would end the way the man's did in the movie... alone after becoming insane when he couldn't defeat his demons. He didn't dwell on it for to long though... his mind ventured off to how things were going with Ravik and the rest of the group in Yithel............ Ravik came over the speaker FIRE AT THE ENEMY NOW!!! Ravik and the rest had been ambushed by the HiShae, someone had probably been picked up by a scout drone. The ships all fired their guns at once. The sound alone was awe-inspiring not to mention the glorious site of the weapons firing in breathtaking show of lights and colors. Since the federation was falling there was no longer a regulation on the weapon lvl for a ship. This allowed for every ship of the group to be equipped with HHGs and Nukes. The HHGs fired and smashed through the enemies shields allowing for the nukes to come in and rip through the hulls of the ships. The exchange of fire continued for what seemed like an eternity. Heavy casualties were building up on both sides, but the dedication of Ravik and the others proved to be the deciding factor. Each man took an oath not to use a pod in order to save their lives... instead they would fight until the death in order to get in the extra one or two shots.

Finally the ships of the HiShae turned in retreat. Those that had jump capabilities did so, but those without were blown apart quickly. Soon the area was clear of enemy ships. Ravik and the others that survived began to clear the area of any mines and drones that they found. Once this was done they proceeded towards the home planet of the HiShae. So far the plans Rosenkreuz had given were dead on... it was incredible. The defenses on the planet were minimal, allowing for the illusion of an unowned planet. Once the defenses had been destroyed they landed on the planet to find any information that might be valuable later on. Inside one of the buildings coded documents were found. Ravik immediately sent them to be translated while the rest of the place was searched for anything valueable. There was nothing, it was barren of anything one would expect: a computer database, stockpile of ship weapons, spare ships for a fast recovery incase of a loss. None of this was there. Ravik was confused but didn't care to much, they did what they set out to do.

Ravik got back into his ship and the others did the same. Once they had all launched and were far enough away they all turned their guns to the planet once more and fired continuosly. They had been instructed to make sure that nothing would be able to survive on that planet again. After all, this was the home of the most dishonorable group of men organized. As they were firing the translations of the coded documents came in. Ravik skimmed through the material:It is at this time I feel the need to evacuate our planet and move to our backup headquarters. We've been here to long. A first wave of evacuation should occur immediately with important personnel taking along with them all needed equipment. Next have the rest do a quick check for anything that might have been missed, then have them evacuate as well."Ravik stopped reading for a moment. "Damnit... we got here to late. '...evacuate as well. Also be sure that all personnel stay away from the next Federation meeting that is occuring. One of our operatives has planted several thermonucleur devices at the site.' oh no, ROSENKREUZ!!!"

Rosenkreuz sipped away at his glass of wine hoping that everything went according to plan, he was bored beyond belief and needed something to do. He had 15 more days and wanted to hurry up and get this over with. Missing out on a battle was a horrible thing for him and he yearned to have at least seen what had happened. He put the glass down and picked up a pencil and paper. He then began to doodle, something he often did in his spare time. What he drew wasn't artwork, it was even that good, but it was always of the same thing... a bird flying out of its cage. When he finished he set the paper and pencil down and went to listen to the news. He had seen more exciting days before and hoped that tomorrow wouldn't be so boring...
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

"5 days remaining" Rosenkreuz looked at the clock to see what time it was as the computer voice spat out how much longer he had. He could only hope that his men finished the job they were set out to do. Ravik was a strong leader and Rosenkreuz knew he could count on him in any situation. He headed up to the command center and rested in his chair, fiddling with this and that. Fiddling between music and games he noticed a small blip on the radar. "Hmmm, to small to be a ship, asteroid maybe?" He flipped on the video feed and saw nothing. Rosenkreuz's face froze "Mother..." He pulled evasive maneuvers just as he was fired upon. As the shots grazed his ship the fine outline of a Dark Mirage began to appear and finally came into focus. "You messed with me on the wrong day!" Rosenkreuz’s eyes became dark red, filled with passion and fury. As he continued tilting the ship to the left he fired with his HHG and launched the combat drones, which soon surrounded the Dark Mirage and continued to blast away. A voice came over the speaker "Did you miss me 'turbo'?" Rosenkreuz recognized that voice anywhere… it was one of the HiShae hunters, Goey. A long time ago Goey and Rosenkreuz had been friends, but parted ways due to the difference of opinion on an operation.

Goey fired back hitting Rosenkreuz head on with three Salvene EM Flux cannons. Good thing for Rosenkreuz Goey didn’t have a HHG on him, especially since his ship relied heavily on the shields. Rosenkreuz fired again, knocking out the rest of the Dark Mirage’s shields. "Still haven’t learned to fight a Mother Ship yet have ya cupcake?" The battling continued to ensue with Rosenkreuz having the upper hand." "I’ll reequip just for you, slick, and perhaps we’ll meet again soon. "I’ll be looking forward to the day, cupcake” With that Goey sped off with Rosenkreuz trying to get in a few more extra shots in. He didn’t bother following Goey; he knew he would get another chance to fight him soon. In the meantime he had to reequip the shields he lost. He looked at his maps and found a near by Uno where he could refill his shields. Making the needed adjustments Rosenkreuz began to head towards the Uno. Finally, he had incurred action. He just sat back in his chair and smiled at the previous events.

"Damn it, so there has been no one to reach Rosenkreuz yet? Well keep trying, we have to warn him of what we found out… have those with jump drive hopping all over the place, we need to find him." Ravik kept sputtering out questions and answers as he tried to figure out what to do next. He grabbed a recently printed report. In the report it said that the jumpers were low on fuel and had yet to find any sign of Rosenkreuz. "It’s not like he could vanish into space… he is in a freaking Mother Ship for goodness sake. Prepare my scout ship…. I’ll find him myself." Ravik made his way to his scout ship and prepared for launch. He didn’t have much time to find Rosenkreuz so he would have to think and act fast. As his ship launched the others could only hope that Ravik would be able to find Rosenkreuz in time to stop him. Ravik headed towards the designated path which Rosenkreuz would have to take in order to make it to the Federation meeting. "Damn you Rosenkreuz… why couldn’t you have come with us?"

As Rosenkreuz pulled into dock at the Uno he saw a Dark Mirage a little ways down. Now strategically it would have been better to launch and blow the Mirage to hell, however, this particular Uno was one of the few neutral havens. A neutral haven was a place where any and all traders could stay without fear of attack. Established after the Second Great War, all of these havens had existed and any that desecrated the sanctity of them would be hunted until their death. Knowing this Rosenkreuz decided to go into the bar as his ship was refueled. He ordered his drink and sat down at a table in the back corner. After a few moments Goey pulled up a seat across from him. "Gave me quite a run for my money back there Rosen. You’ve gotten better since last time." Goey sipped on his drink as he smiled. "And you’ve gotten worse. I thought I told you how you need to set up against a Mother Ship, and since I’m assuming you were sent to kill me you should have listened to me." Rosenkreuz looked back at Goey to see the smile on his face slowly disappear. "Yes, well, I should have listened to you but then again you know me. I just thought I’d tell you that you’ve got a nice bounty on your head, the likes which haven’t been seen in some time. If I don’t get you someone else will. So… I’ll be seeing you around."

Rosenkreuz watched as Goey left the bar and headed towards his ship. He continued to sit and sip his drink thinking that maybe he should stop heading towards the Federation meeting. The thought quickly left his head, just thinking that someone would call him a coward ate at him. No, he’d proceed with the plan to make it look like him and his clan hadn’t planned their attack on the HiShae. After all, there was never a coordinated attack by his men that Rosenkreuz had not himself led. This allowed the fight to look more like a coincidence than anything else. He finished his drink and threw a few credits on the table for tip. He had to get back onto his ship and prepare for any upcoming attack he might encounter. Things had finally livened up, maybe to much, but Rosenkreuz never turned down a challenge and didn’t plan on it any time soon. As he boarded his ship he turned up the aggression factor on his combat drones, although this made them less accurate it increased their fire power.

Rosenkreuz launched from the Uno and could only hope for the best. He searched the bounty database and saw his name front and center at the top of the list. His bounty surpassed several members of the same alliance combined. "Looks like I’m finally wanted by someone again." He headed back to his original course and set autopilot back on. He gazed out at the stars and wondered what the future held for him, he hoped nothing to boring. As his ship headed onward the outline of two ships shimmered behind him. They didn’t attack or really do anything but stay an equal distance from Rosenkreuz. Rosenkreuz now just waited for the next exciting event in his life to happen.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

As Rosenkreuz gazed out into the stars his mind wondered back to his love, back to her… It was late in the year on the home world and the calm cool air gently glided around everything. The weather on the Ik’Thorne home planet was perfect as always. The star Jazna was setting slowly to the north and Rosenkreuz had just returned from his required service in the Ik’Thorne military. He slowly walked up to a red colored house and knocked on the door. The sweat from his hands started to cover the stems of the thilinia flowers he brought for his love. It was taking longer than expected, usually she would answer within a few seconds… “Oh well, It has been a few years… what is a few more seconds?” he murmured under his breath. Finally the door opened revealing a stern, hardened face looking back at him. “Mr. Kragor, didn’t expect to see you here.” It was her father, but something seemed different in his eyes.

“I’m sorry, she was killed by raiders on the return trip from Silwatha. I thought they told you…” Rosenkreuz’s eyes filled with tears. He couldn’t stay here, he couldn’t. Rosenkreuz turned around and ran as fast as he could to her families burial ground. After running for what seemed like an eternity he made it to the ground. Once there he bypassed performing the ritual that was expected of any Ik’Thorne before walking onto holy ground. Slowly he walked to the newest Mund, a circle of rocks signifying the circle of life had been completed. There he fell to his knees and cried. He grabbed at the Mund and screamed at the top of his lungs, yelling for his love to come back to him. With tears still rolling down the side of his face he dug a small hole in the center of the Mund. Then he pulled the wedding ring off his finger, placed it into the hole, and covered it back up.

A hand dropped down onto the shoulder of Rosenkreuz, “She loved you dearly and would want you to continue on. I don’t know what it will mean to you but while on Silwatha she had your child. Since he was a newborn he couldn’t be taken into space yet. He is alive and well on Silwatha with his aunt. They decided to name him Ravik’Thorne, after his great great grandfather. You can take care of him if you want, or if you think it would be to hard on you we can raise him as our own.” Mr. Kragor’s words were somewhat of a relief to Rosenkreuz, he lost a wife, but gained a son… he couldn’t decide whether to be happy or sad. “No, I think I’d like you to raise him, I don’t know how I would be able to look at him and not think of his mother. That and I know you will give him the best of care.” Rosenkreuz nodded at Mr. Kragor and he nodded back. Mr. Kragor knew what Rosenkreuz had to do and would fulfill his wishes by raising the child, Ravik.

Rosenkreuz shook his head and came back into the present. “Three days remaining” Rosenkreuz wondered how so much time could have passed in what seemed only like a second. He looked around and saw that all the data seemed normal. He finally decided that he would pick up a hobby so these long journeys wouldn’t seem so bad. Walking over to his cabin Rosenkreuz decided he would sleep for the time being. It had been a while since he got any good rest. Meanwhile the two shimmering outlines still followed behind the Mother Ship without detection.

Ravik jumped from sector to sector in search of Rosenkreuz. There wasn’t a time that Ravik didn’t remember when Rosenkreuz hadn’t looked after him and now it was his time to repay him. After countless hours searching he decided the best thing to do would be to wait on the route Rosenkreuz was on. Ravik jumped a distance that set him one days worth of travel from the meeting for a Mother Ship. Deciding this would have to be the best strategy, Ravik called for others of the group to do the same around a general area. Sweat dripped from his brow for all he could do now was wait in anticipation and pray that Rosenkreuz would come across one of them in time.

Ravik had grown up around Rosenkreuz and could only remember good times they had together. Ravik remembered Rosenkreuz taking him in as sort of an apprentice. Ravik safely felt that Rosenkreuz was the closest thing he had to a father. He quickly wiped away all thoughts that could sidetrack him from his main objection of finding Rosenkreuz. This was the most important thing he had to accomplish and would pass if he had anything to say about it. Ravik rested his head on the seat, slowly breathed out, and waited in anticipation.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

"Two days remaining", Rosenkreuz had slept for an entire day. Although he felt energetic and ready to take on the universe it was rather careless of him to sleep for such a long time. He so desired to leave his plotted course and meet up with Ravik and the rest of the gang. To hear the stories that they would tell of their victory would be grand at this time. Rosenkreuz scratched his chest and proceeded to stretch. Now he was rather hungry and craved some Hivante' omlets. Punching in the order on his computer he headed towards the kitchen where a steaming hot Hivante' omlet awaited him. He started to eat as if he hadn't eaten in a week. Suddenly he noticed a flashing light on the computer screen. He looked closely and read the flashing letters, "New video recording." He hit the play button and watched the screen showing his ship go through a minor asteroid belt. "Damn recorders, do they have to tape everything that moves?" He reached over to hit the delete button as he saw a ship appear after striking an asteroid. Rosenkreuz paused and watched as yet another ship appeared and the disappeard after hitting an asteroid.

"Well I'll be damned." He recognized a symbol on the side of one of the ships. It was an old Grin'Horth symbol. Rosenkreuz headed up the command center and launched a single mine. A few seconds later he launched another and then another. OK, so you know I'm here, geez. You could have just messaged me you know?" It was Saranda, a former member of the Grin'Horths. "Well you didn't expect me to just talk to you and not have a little fun now did you?" "No, I guess that wouldn't be your style now would it? I'd bet your also wondering who this is with me then. Its my new partner in crime Wranavixan. We were heading back home after doing some 'personal' business when I saw your ship and said to myself, 'Hey, I'd bet his sorry rear could use someone to watch over him' and so we did. Rosenkreuz laughed for a bit, same old smartass Saranda.

"If you two really want to stay hidden you should avoid those asteroids, they're a real pain on those cloaks of yours." "Oh really? Well it only took you about twelve hours to realize that we had been hit by the asteroids so I'm assuming its not that bad. Saranda was on the leading members of the Grin'Horths and was head of several rather large operations that they had pulled. She was a smartass and cocky to no end but Rosenkreuz liked that in her. After all, he didn't think it was cocky if you could back up what you said. He launched another mine just to keep the other two on their feet. "We've got a lot of catching up to do Saranda, you think you have some time to spare?" "I think I could manage to spare some time for you friend."

Ravik saw an approaching ship. At first he wasn't sure what it was, but the closer it came the more sure he became that it was an IKMS. Something was different about it though, something that didn't seem right. It was after awhile that he realized this wasn't Rosenkreuz, but a Federation issued IKMS, the coloring was of a different tint and moresolid than that of Rosenkreuz's. "Sir, you'll need to move along. This space is to be cleared in order to make sure the area is safe for the approaching council meeting. If at this time you do not move along I will have no other choice but to use deadly for on you sir. Ravik new he was serious and was only doing his job. He moved away from the meeting site along Rosenkreuz's plotted course, it would appear that he would be meeting Rosenkreuz sooner than he had anticipated. It was fine by him though, the sooner he found Rosenkruez the better.

Ravik moved along and met up with some of the others that were trying to find Rosenkreuz. There had been no sign of him yet and he was due to arrive at any time now. The meeting was to occur in under three days and Rosenkreuz was never let for anything he set his mind on. Every now and again a ship would arrive and another would leave in search of Rosenkreuz in a different direction. The number of thermonuclear devices mentioned in the report was large enough to destroy everything within a radius of one days travel. It was for this main reason they needed to let him know not to come any further towards the meeting. True they could alert the Federation but if they were alerted then the HiShae would retreat even further into secrecy. They had come out enough to chop their head off and the opertunity would not be given up easily.

Already a mass of head Federation officials gathered in wait for the other members to arrive. The Federation had been taking some pretty hard blows and they needed to solve their problems as early as possible. Time seemed to pass slowly for everyone now except Rosenkreuz and present company who were busy talking about the past. True they had heard the stories a million times before and each time became more and more embellished, but it was still good to remember. The time seemed to fly for these few as yet another universe shaking event was fast approaching.