The Second Race Wars

Itchnov
The Uber Noober

Post by Itchnov »

After his rest Itchnov went back up to the bridge to get updated on what was happening. The Muwor would have its engines up in a few hours and the Carapaces had established plans of towing and defence of the Nijarin ships.

Immediately after Itchnov finished talking with his communications officer about the updates the ship recieved a hail from the Xarnot. Relieved, Itchnov immediately answered. It was Ritna, the leader of the team Itchnov sent to the Xarnot. Ritna updated Itchnov on the status of the ship and its crew then asked Itchnov what he should do. Itchnov replied by telling Ritna to warn the crew that they were going to be towed. Itchnov explained to Ritna what was going on in the other ship then sent a message to the commander of the Fleet to start attaching to the Xarnot. After that he sent another message to the Muwor telling them that as soon as they got the engines online they would be leaving. Sastisfied and relieved Itchnov began plotting a course to the nearest Federation-Protected area to take the ships to for repairs.
Remlak
Beta Tester

Post by Remlak »

Character: Remlak Vo'Del
Race: Thevian
Role: Smuggler

At a table in a shadowed corner of the smoke enshrouded bar, a lone theivan sat impatiently tapping his foot against the warped, wooden tiled floor.

'just my luck to be the one kept waiting, when it should be the other way around...' he thought sullenly, as he drained the last of the dark liquid out of a plain brown mug. Slamming it down on the stained table top, he watched with disdain, as a small group of humans in the middle of the room argued over which race would be the first to succumb to the federations might.

'...and especially in a joint like this! bah!' he thought as he glared into the now empty mug, as if to accuss it of aiding and abeiting his troubles.

Across the room, the argument was heating up, as a large man in a black retro-fitted body suit, stood waving his mug back in forth in demostration for his collegues. "....And i assure you, my good man, my infomation is precise and highly accurate. The operation will commence once both fleets are in place, and they will not fail, i have no...." as the rest of his drunken speech was lost in a wash of noise around the bar.

Remlak went back to peering absently into his empty mug, giving anxious thought to what the human had been saying.

'could it be as that dirty human said?' was his silent question, when his comm piece began resonating, drawing him out of his dark thoughts, and alerting him to an incoming message. He reached down, snatching up a dark, metalic, cresent moon shaped device off the table, and spoke quietly into it.

"Report."

"Cap'in, we have just recieved confirmation that the fleet has been nearly wiped out." came the droll voice on the other end.

"Nearly? Not all?"

"No sir. We have word that 2 of the birds in the fleet somehow survived, but we are still assessing this report. The details are unclear at this time." As Remlak listened, his eyes were drawn to the bar entrance at the other end of the room, as a small figure stood silhouetted against the light from the corridor beyond, gazing keenly around the room.

"Very well S'jor, finish Assessing it, and verify it, then get back to me as soon as its ready." Remlak watched as the small figure, dressed in a dark blue zipped up fly suit, adorned with medals, and a black helmet under the crook of his left arm, took a step further into the room, came up short, and glared murderiously directly at the small group of humans. none of which seemed to notice.

"Ai' Cap'in, will be as you say."

"One more thing S'jor...", remlak broke off as the creonti reversed his course, went back through the door, to finally disappear into the corridor."...run a systems check, make sure Gretta is fully operational. We dont be needing no more mishaps as happened last time. I dont think we'll be here as long as i had originally expected. Make ready, and be ready for departure at my command." he said, a bit bewilded.

"Ai' Cap'in, ill get on it right away."

"that'll be all S'jor." remlak sighed.

'nothing is ever easy' he thought has he stood and headed for door. He eyed the party of humans contempibly on his way past. Two of the humans were sitting across from each other, playing some silly arm game, while the others sat around them hooting and holloring them on. He rolled his eyes and left the bar behind him.

Once in the corridor, it didnt take him long to spot what he was looking for, off in the distance, making its way in the general direction of the ship bays; A small figure in blue, carrying a black object under his left arm. Remlak began following, as a tiny, knowing smile crept upon his face.
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Randy was interupted in his sleep by an urgent commcall. "Bridge to Captain Orsolo."

Randy rolled around, cursed as he knocked over his lamp, and then found the comm button. "Orsolo here. This had better be good."

"The 3rd wing is moving out, sir. We've been ordered to intercept a small Underground Alliance fleet currently heading for a few of our own ships. It's a Nijarin fleet who were ambushed and are currently being protected by a small Theivan fleet, but they're no match for the incoming enemy ships."

Randy grumbled. "And they want the Federation to handle it?". He sighed 8O as he thought of how much the Federation had lost. The 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, and 9th wings had all been wiped out, and the 8th and 10th wings were not in good shape. At the rate it was going, the 1st and 3rd wings might be all that is left of the true Federation...Randy respected the allies they had made-more by necessity than anything, he understood-but he didn't like it.

"Very well. I'm on my way to the bridge. Move out as soon as the commander gives the word."

A few minutes later, Randy arrived, and looked at his helmsman with the look that she understood all too well.

"50 ships in the 3rd wing are underway. We'll be passing by the Nijarin/Thevian fleet in two hours time, and we'll have intercepted the enemy fleet shortly after."

Randy winced. "I guess can't leave too much to chance then."

She nodded in agreement. "No sir."

Randy sat back in his chair, and watched the screen. All they could do now was wait. And hope that the Nijarins and Thevians didn't run into any more trouble until they got there.
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

Nariis paced back and forth on the bridge of the Xarnot, stifling her impatience. It had been three hours since their Thevian rescuers had begun the tedious process of towing them to the nearest safe port. Ritna and the others had retired to a conference room and had refused any contact with the humans or any nijarins that had fully revived. Nariis and the other humans endured their debriefings from Hhunta and his officers. Now all they could do was wait. Wait, and hope that no one else tried to attack the already crippled ships.
Lord Ghostbear
Quiet One

Post by Lord Ghostbear »

Name: Ghostbear but usually called Lord Ghostbear because of skills
Race: Human
Role: Leader of the mercenary unit Grim Determination

Being the leader of the best mercenary unit isnt an easy job there are times where I just want to quit but I could just not leave my troops. Many times we were out numbered but we still won. But that was before we became the top mercenary unit. When we first became the top one we got lots of missions from the underground and the federation but now things are slowing down and were not getting money for supplies. Could this be the end of Grim Determination.
Lord Ghostbear, LGB, A Flufffy Bunny
Avalanche, Quiet Riot, _-=`Perfection`=-_, many more but those are most recent