The Second Race Wars

Itchnov
The Uber Noober

The Second Race Wars

Post by Itchnov »

Setting
Small conflicts have been flaring up between many of the races over the last 5 years. These conflicts have lead to many small battles and the forming of great alliances. The already - crippled Federation is now on the verge of dying after WQ Human, Creonti, Ik'Thorne, and eventually Alskant withdrew from it. The coming of the Nijarin only caused more conflict to flare up among the races. The war has come to the point where two distinct sides have developed. The Human, Nijarin, Salvene, and Thevian with support from the Federation are against the WQ Human, Creonti, Ik'Thorne, and Alskant in this war. The Underground, with hopes of destroying the Federation once and for all has joined the latter group of races in this conflict. This has become the second true universal war. It is involving every race, every faction, and every alliance. Both sides are preparing their ships for an invasion of the other side but neither side realises what the other side is doing. The Federal group has recieved reports where the Underground alliance has a high concentration of shipyards and weapon manufactureres so is planning an attack from the Thevian galaxy into the territory of the WQ Human, which is where theses things are expected to be. The Underground alliance has recieved similar reports about the Thevian galaxy so is currently building up a huge fleet near the WQ Human headquarters. The fleets of both alliances are reaching into hundreds of thousands of ships. As neither side realises the actions of the other, due to completely closed borders, a battle is bound to develop that will each side either complete victory or complete defeat.

Posting Guidelines
1. No controlling others (eg. You cannot decide if you destroy a ship, you can attack it and then must wait for the other person to respond expecting that they will respond realisticly.)
2. You must respond with realism (eg. If 20 ships all attack you, you should probably launch your escape pod.)
3. Posts must fit the setting
4. I will act as a moderator to keep the story going by updating the setting occasionally
5. Don't be a dick (eg. Dont just order 20 ships to join you and attack one person. This fits into the realism part too.)
6. Create a single character and give him/her a race and roll then act that character appropriately.

If you don't want to follow the rules don't post. I want this to be fun for everyone. This can work even in battles if people are fair, realistic, and dont 'cheat'.
I hope everyone can have a good time with this roleplay and I also hope it will stay a bit more active than the last few.
Itchnov
The Uber Noober

Post by Itchnov »

My Character: Itchnov
Roll: Commander of the Assalt Craft squadron Swift Annihilation

After his final speech to the captains and crew of the many other ships in his squadron Itchnov sent them to their ships to prepare for departure. The ships would leave the docking station tomorrow after their 10 month refitting. The squadron was being sent to a station near the WQ Human-Thevian warp. They were being used as a kind of "second line of defence" in case of a surprise attack by the WQ. Itchnov looked out a window on the station at the 1000 ships docked there. "Tomorrow it begins," he thought to himself. All of the ships were preparing for an all-out assault on the WQ Human that was planned to commence in approximately a month. Itchnov was feeling a bit tired after his speech so he headed back to his quarters to get some rest before he had to get his ship ready for launch. When he arrived at his cabin he laid down on his bed and immediately fell asleep.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

My Character: Prince Valiant
Roll: Commander of Deep Space Scouting Ship The IH Scourge (Advanced Carrier)

A name only by givin bloodline, does not seek the power his blood gives him, only to wishes to bring the Ik thorne Hive back to there former statute of greatest where the other races look to them as the almight power in the Universe.
He looks his war torn crew in the face every day promising the honor they all seek. Probing deep into eniemy territory everyday to find any intel they can, Ship movements anything to give the Underground the advantage in the cold War, that is any day away from spilling over on to the hot. The Stale air reminds everyone that death is coming for some and glory is coming for others. The ship pushes onward into the darkness of open space, only hoping to see light at the other end.
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Character: Siege
Roll: Commander of the WQ Human wing of the underground space gang 'Dream Theatre'
Moving without a trace that they were ever there, The WQ-DT wing was one of the most feared sub-divisions in the entire universe. They were never seen, and when they were it was to destroy something. They struck fear into travellers everywhere, For in space..a mans greatest fear is not knowing what comes next.

WQ-DT was a 30 ship fleet, made up entirely of WQ-DM's and the occasional Death Cruiser. Right now, Their goal was to find the WQ Human Federal President. The president, Milos Krieg was trying to get WQ weapon exchange with the Ik'Thorne. The DT-Grand Council did not like the sounds of this, and who better to put on the mission then the WQ-DT fleet.

The president was doing negotiations in Ik'Thorne Galaxy at the Ik'Thorne Government HQ and Siege planned to crash the party. Then a voice came over the transmitter, "Commander Siege, This is Mirage 5, Our scanners our picking up some high readings, suspected small group of Mother Ships"
Last edited by Siege on Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

Character: Nariis
Race: WQ Human
Role: Federal Deputy, Leiutenant, serving aboard the Nijarin battleship Xarnot

Torn between losing the one link she had left to her past, and her duties, Nariis opted to remain with the Federation. As the threat of war grew closer and more of a reality, Nariis was assigned to the Nijarin battleship Xarnot to serve as interpreter along with a handful of other humans.

The earthborn humans at first suspected her of being a spy, but as her record came to light, as well as her loyalties to the Federation as a deputy, they became accepting of her. Now though, with war imminent, she worked side by side with the Nijarin comm chief, translating and sending messages as they waited for the word of where they needed to head.
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

Character: Vober
Race: WQ Human
Role: Smuggler, Currently on a stolen Federal Warrant

Brief Bio: Vober never really took into the whole Federation thing so became a smuggler in his father's footsteps. He never shared any ideas with WQ Humans; however; has less in common with Humans. Basically after spending a large time of his life trading slaves and small arms in Human Space, he was outcast to live the the WQ Humans. He countinued to defy the Federation by taking a brand new Theif and smugglling Narcotics into Federation Territory. As a result any member in the Federation has been told to shoot him down on site. Now Vober associates himself with WQ Humans because he has no where else to go. He is greatly admired due to his open defiance of the Federation; however; he never truely joined the armada agaisnt the Federation.

Background to date: After finishing his last Narcs run into federation space he noticed a Federal Ultiamtium come out of warp right next to him. He quickly took cover in a nearby asteriod belt as he noticed several more Jump to his location. He went deeper into the belt as he noticed something other than the massive amounts of ships on his radar. Apperantly the Federation had been mass producing ships in this area. A massive dock was filled with all sorts of Federal ships. Vober know he could not outrun 4 fully armed Federation ships so he did the only thing he could think of. He set his ship on a route directly for the small armada as he launced himself off in an escape pod, taking only himself and his remaining creds. He shot right into the Shipyard and hopped into a new Federal Warrent. He basicaly went into hyper space before he could get away from the port. By this time his old ship had already been destroyed and the Federation ships were locking onto him. Ofcourse Vober, being an expert at running from the federation, didnt jump home. First he dropped by a friends stash of mines as he loadded up and when into warp again as he saw the 4 federal Ultimatums just arriveing. He jumpped to a random loacation and spread mins all over. He jumped to a new random location, then finally back into WQ Space. The 4 Fed ships had no problem handling the mines, however couldnt track Vober home.
As Vober sailed into WQ space in a stolen FED ship he was greated with many amazed WQ Humans; however; also an angery Government to deal with. The government decided that it would lower the moral to much to destroy Vober, so they forced him to lay mines and scout drones along key Warps into WQ space.

Currently: Vober is sitting in a bar after laying his last mines and drones, telling his story to amazed WQ Humans.
Peacekeeper

Post by Peacekeeper »

Name: Peacekeeper
Race: Creonti

Background: They don't call me peacekeeper for noth'n. If ya saw the way i fight, you'd know. If it comes to defense, I'm your man, If it comes to fighting your way through, ill be at home, guarding are assets.

Traveling from port to port you hear many things from people in the passagways. So long as nobody bothers me, ill go my way. I prefer the only shady people i talk to, be the ones I'm exchanging goods with. I'm not anti-war or anything. I just prefer to do my part from a distance. People can fight without machineries, and computer, other cant survive without there drugs to keep them going. I bring these good to each corner of the galaxy. War permitting, i will also expand out to 2 or 3 other races who don't mind me making a deal with them. The times good, the moneys good, and the variety of company couldn't be better. The on-site of war is really a good thing. As everyone knows, a good war allwase helps the economy. When everyone is out on the battlefield, blasting away at each others. Who's left behind to take care of the small things. Where's the money coming from to buy those new ships, who's making sure all those trading posts don't disapear because everyones to busy looking for a kill of the day. I make it my duty, to provide and maintain the integrity the brought us all out into space. To make money. Don't get me wrong, I'm a good man when it comes to helping a fellow member out, but when you've seen what iv seen, your stomic would curdle at the vary site of another battle. The blood, the destruction. Iv seen whole planets disaper without a trace. What do you think, do you think its worth it. Do you think its worth it to use up the last ounce of your will to fight for peace, or just let it go and do your own thing. **The bartender looks over and fills the glass in front of peacekeeper with another ounce of the bars hardest liquor. ** Well, heres another ounce of hard earned "will" to add to my already diminishing supply. ** Peacekeeper down the shot, and continues to ramble, wondering if anyone really is listening, or maybe at least even cares as to the blight that surrounds us all.**
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Character: Randy Orsolo

Position: Captain of the Comrade, a Federal Ultimanum, part of the Federation's 3rd tactical wing

Background: Has a deep respect and loyalty to the Federation, a disdain for the underground and criminals.

Race: Human

As his ship continued to fix up any minor problems they had before the huge assault on the Underground alliance, Randy still felt nervous. He walked around his bridge, watching as crewman worked on consoles, and reflecting on how worthless he felt at the moment

"Notify me if you need anything. I'll be in engineering." said Randy as he walked out, alone with his thoughts, hoping he could help with the repairs and refits somehow.

~They have to know we're coming...movements of a fleet this size can't be kept a secret.~

He was still steaming that his ship had somehow failed to catch the criminal in the stolen Federal Warrant-he would have been angry if he'd failed it alone, much less with three federal ultimanums backing him up.

~Not like I was leading the squadron, though...~ He had arrived later, after the lead ship had gotten the jump on the criminal, only to let him or her slip out under their noses.

Randy would not make that mistake again. He never lost much, and always won the second round when he did.

~Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.....~
Itchnov
The Uber Noober

Post by Itchnov »

Itchnov was pacing impatiently around his office. His squdron was now on duty near the WQ Human warp and he was waiting for a message from a his friend in the Federal Ruling Counsel about the Nijarin fleet. They were supposed to have arrived yesterday but they had not showed up so Itchnov had sent a message to his friend requesting news on when they would be coming. As Itchnov was waiting his first officer came on the intercom and told Itchnov that a Death Cruiser had just decloaked nearby. "DO NOT FIRE AT IT UNLESS IT FIRES FIRST!" Itchnov ordered. His first officer aknowledged and relayed the message to the rest of the squadron. Itchnov sat down at his desk, his first officer came on the intercom again saying that the ship had come into the sector and was requesting to speak with him. Itchnov told his officer to direct the communication to his office.
"Well this is unexpected, I haven't heard from you for... how long has it been now? Anyways, what brings you back to my corner of the universe Feanor?"
"Greetings Itch, it has been a long time hasn't it. I am sorry to arrive so suddenly but I have brought you important news."

Itchnov was devestated by what Feanor told him. The Nijarin fleet had been ambushed on their way to Thevian to reinforce the Federal ships stationed there. The Creonti attacked them with many Devastators and only a few had survived. Feanor had been watching it while cloaked in his DC. Feanor was also a Thevian as well as a member of the Underground but avoided his home galaxy due to acts he had done in the past. He did not support either side in the war but rather took shots at both sides whenever he had the chance. He had watched the battle hoping to get a shot off on one of the weakened Devestators if they left the group but after the battle with the Nijarin fleet they spead off together as quicker than a Devastator should normally go. Itchnov instead went to see if he could finish off any of the Nijarin ships and found two only two still existing. Feanor scanned the ships and saw that nobody was still conscious. Feanor, believing in honor, had instead come to Itchnov to get him to rescue the ships. Feanor had left them with some mines around to guard them but knew they would probably not last long there. Itchnov immediately left his right-hand captain in charge of the fleet and spead off to save the Nijarin ships. Feanor after watching Itchnov leave recloaked and drifted off back into the neutral galaxies.
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

Vober's success has brought about many stories, many that have been told to a almost mythological status. Many indepenent WQ traders have given small ships, the government has even recognized him. He never got anything much our of anyone, mainly Rouges and a rare Blockade Runner. Soon his fame died and he decided it was time for another act.

A few sectors away from the WQ-Thevain warp on the Thevain side were mines, dozens of mines. It would take a small fleet to actually destroy them all. They just sat motionless. Suddenly a small Rouge decloaked in the middle of a large group of them, just as an escape pod was launched. The mines Kamikazed agaisnt the WQ Rouge leaving a large gap in the minefeild. The escape pod disappeared into the hatches of a second cloaked rouge nearby. A glimmer slipped through the hole......

After the first phase of his self thought out plan, Vober's mission was two fold. First, asess the damages to the Nijarin fleet. This was simply a publicity mission to penetrate Thevian defenses; however; Vober had a more important. Vober's second goal was a private mission, insure that the Xarnot had not been destroyed. If we were simply damaged he was to insure that no WQ where there......

As swifly as the small raid had started it had finished as a glimmer crossed back through the hole and into the warp. After a debreifing with HQ, Vober went to the local bar best known for its abiltiy to spread stories quickly. He only recommended his plan being official to get proof that he had done what he had said. Now that he had shown his ability to break through mine feilds(it was a small hole and ended in a ship being lost, but they didn't know that) his fame spread even quicker than before.....