And so the war began

Itchnov
The Uber Noober

And so the war began

Post by Itchnov »

A couple notes on the story:
I wrote this originally as a sort of intro into the SM world (although not 'for' SM itself). The story below, although heavily revised from my original thoughts, sticks to the SM storyline. Therefore, you will find no mention of a eighth race or any of the new RP storylines which have been introduced in SMR. Anyways, I thought it was something worth sharing with everyone, so I hope you enjoy it :)

And so the war began...

Once a strong and powerful force in the universe, the Federation was always a symbol of the combined unity and power of the seven races. It was the alliance to end all wars, built by the seven races centuries ago, beyond the remembering of anyone who still walks today. Its unified power was quick to silence any opposition, creating a peace throughout the universe. But all things must die, even those as massive and wonderful as the Federation.

After years of unopposed authority, eventually a new alliance began to develop, and the secret underground organization quickly gained influence among the profit-hungry and those who sought to gain power for themselves. Known only as the Underground, this group began the trading of illegal goods, which had been banned by the Federation, to pay for the construction of a new fleet of ships. These ships, the Death Cruisers, Assassins, and Thieves, were built in secret and kept hidden from the eyes of the Federation. Although the new ships were no match for the powerful Federal Ultimatum, the flagship of any Federation squad, they possessed a new technology which allowed them to hide themselves from enemy scanners moving silently wherever they wished.

Following a decade of working in secret, the Underground finally revealed itself to the Federation. Thousands upon thousands of ships approached the Federation Headquarters, destroying everything they passed on the way. When they reached the doorstep of the Federation, they finally decloaked and declared their power. In the chaos that they had caused in their approach, they were not even challenged, now they were able to quickly destroy the Federation, erasing all of its power and hold over the universe. The Underground fleet watched laughing as the mighty Federal Ultimatum’s fled scattering across the galaxies.

The collapse of the Federation threw the racial governments into chaos. Most of their top leaders, officials, and scientists dwelt on the Federation home planet and without them society almost instantly degraded to anarchy. The Underground ran wild, raping the galaxies of all their riches, hoarding them in their strongholds, and enslaved worlds. The people they captured were forced into thralldom, working to construct more ships and weapons for the Underground’s forces. Groups of people soon began forming small alliances among themselves, of 20 or 30 ships, for the mutual defense of their families and their homes. No longer was there any government, or even law.

This was the universe for a long time after the fall of the Federation. But finally, after a decade of servitude to the Underground, the small remnants of the Federation’s Racial Councils organized themselves to form a new Federation. They had worked endlessly to develop a new scanner technology that allowed them to finally detect the cloaked ships, even though they still could not identify them. So from hidden shipyards and long-lost Federation planets came forth the fleets of slowly constructed Federal Ultimatums. The new Federation met and quickly moved on the Underground.

Through spies, they had found the location of the Underground leadership and they were now finally ready to destroy it. The powerful, though far outnumbered Federation fleet forced their way to the Underground capitol. There they were finally able to fight the Underground face on. A few of the ships, which had survived the fall of the Federation, still carried with them their ancient super weapon, the Holy Hand Grenade. After making a small break in the Underground line, the group hurled their Grenades on the Underground planet, completely obliterating it. With their debt repaid, and the Underground left completely confused, the new Federation powered their jump drives and vanished from the Underground fleet.

Thus was a balance of power made between the two sides. The Federation was recreated and all the races quickly gathered once again under its banner, giving as much peace and tranquility as could be hoped for to the few galaxies under their influence. However, the Underground survived, continuing to build their ships, and trade their contraband throughout the universe. So the war continues to this day, with the Federation and the Underground continuing to fight, and nothing but loss to everyone.
Itchnov
The Uber Noober

Feedback

Post by Itchnov »

Please give me any comments you have on the story. I like hearing some suggestions and critisism on my stuff as long as it is somewhat helpful to me developing my writing ability. So anyways, post away...
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Good story :)
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

heh cool... that reminds me, I gotta finish my story thingy
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will