Newsletter 34

An archive of Newsletters
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Newsletter 34

Post by JettJackson »

Dear Players,

Summer is fast approaching, and with the warmer weather SMR plans to roll out several new ideas. We have started the new Round on Sunday, April 28th, with another Jouldaxian map called "The Emerald Cut". See this image for a layout of the map:
Map: The Emerald Cut
Dashed lines mean the galaxies wrap around. Solid lines are self explanatory. No walls will be placed in the planet galaxies. Jouldax's map will involve the following:

12 vets, 4 newbs alliance caps
Turn cap at 600, Speed will be 1.5
Mine time is 5 minutes/mine in the racials and 2.5 hours/mine in the neutral and planet galaxies. All of the warps in the large galaxy will have locations so they cannot be minded except for the warps that lead to the planet galaxies.
The UG location will be placed randomly in one of the smaller neutrals.
Distance from warp inside a planet gal to any other planet gal = ~30-40. Banks inside the Planet galaxies will also have bars. Planets still capped at level 40.
Most routes will start out at 1-3x max. Only L9 ports will be in the neutrals, but there will be an abundance of ports so busting is a MUST. Politics will also be a useful tool.
Fed sectors will be 1 square, just like last game.

This game will require strong teamwork and good use of strategic elements to win, so don't be a square, and come on down to test out this largely rectangular galaxy! We think it's quite the...gem.
Help Needed!
Space Merchant Realms needs new coders and is now Open Source! SMR has been released under the GPLv3 licence: (https://github.com/smrealms/smr). We are also considering a bounty based system for all volunteer coders. Any questions concerning open source and related items should be directed to Page or RCK. We look forward to some new coders helping to improve SMR!
Thank you,

The SMR Administration Team
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all