Decennial Resurgence, GIA

For saying "Well Done" or "Look what I did"
Holti
Quiet One

Decennial Resurgence, GIA

Post by Holti »

Most fun I've had in any round! I had a good group of players who became far more cohesive and active than I expected for a casual alliance and a rookie leader. I have many people to thank for making this a wonderful round for me :

Holy (Yugo): Holy was the main reason why I led an alliance this round. He always deposited, even took part in a couple of ops, though he discovered that even an FU is vulnerable in an op. He didn’t always agree with my decisions, but he respected I was leader and abided by them. He also got along pretty well with my alliance mates and had fun in chat with them.
ACD (Gluteus Maximum): He and Greed were my main recruiters when the alliance was created, since I was busy traveling to AZ during the first week of the round, and was the bank nazi that protected the AA in the early days of the round. He also caught a multi and kicked him.
Greed (Tennant): Started the alliance for me since I was on the road. Helped ACD recruit people, was my main map reader and route builder. Traded well in the early days, and had several nice kills in his DC.
Meh: My number one Skanty cash cow who deposited faithfully, top depositor in the AA.
Jahar (Come Find Me): Another Skanty cash cow, #5 depositor in the AA
Kerius: My Canadian snugglebunny, played years ago as IceDude. A returning vet from the shareplay days, Kerius was always dependable and helped a lot to give advice and training to players. Kerius will be returning as my 2nd in command next round, making executive decisions when I’m not around and being my main newbie trainer. His interactions with Everett in IRC cracked me up many times.
Everett (.): Funny, funny guy to chat with when he had the time! I hope to see him play again next round.
Argent (Old Gregg): Another Skanty cash cow, #3 AA depositor.
Rebel: My first newbie trainee, fun to chat with on IRC, excellent team player who always deposited and did what he could to help to the alliance. Medical problems ended his good trade run – I have no doubts he would have finished higher in rankings.
Jouldax: Truthfully, the player I will miss most as he goes on to join Haste next round. Great to chat to on IRC, excellent player, helped me learn the basics of hunting.
Jimmel: He didn’t say much, but he always deposited money in the AA, he was my #2 depositor
Candyman (#1): Learned more about him as a person this round than all the other rounds put together. I hope to bring him out of his shell more next round. Deposited well in first few weeks, quietly took a planet that became my war leader’s main lander. He also had several good kills.
Alistan: one of my more recent newbies, fun to chat to in IRC, hope to learn more about him in the new round.
Voss: Always reliable, shared a lot of info on Norway, learned a lot! His performance as op leader on two ops impressed me enough that I’m making him one of my war leaders next round.
Loki: My great white hobbit hunter. Funny as hell in chat, gave good advice on combat and ships with newbies. His hunting skills earned him a spot as co-war leader with Voss.
Maddy (Bratislav): my best soldier, when my guys needed forces, he would get them. When tempers flared among my guys, I could depend on Maddy to cool them when I wasn’t around. I will miss him as he goes on to join Haste.
Jekyll: Didn’t say much, but he deposited regularly, ending up as my #4 top depositor .
Hiccolo (aka, Bucket’s friend): Along with Pierce, Buckets and Raja, made up the group that led (and won) several fun battles this round.
Goey (Pierce): When he joined, I told him he could run any hunting party/op he wanted. He lead several fun ops – including the two day battle over planet 2067. He will be restarting Haste next round, and I wish him and his boys all the best!
Raja (aka, Pierce’s wife): A true newbie to the game, Raja learned fast under Pierce’s tutoring and became a good hobbit killer, picked up some kills during ops, too.
Buckets (aka Souleater, Pierce’s brother): Like Pierce, he has a fondness for high risk battles, which provided a lot of excitement this round.
Flying Dutchman: yeah, I had to kick him when he died deliberately in an escape pod. But he is a very, very funny guy and I loved chatting with him. Good player, and I enjoyed reading his globals as he played cat and mouse with several players.
Page: always gave my guys the information they asked for, and when I need an extra ship for our last stand over planet 2067, he joined and provided us with an EoS. Edge may have assigned him as his assistant teaser, but the student became the master at teasing me long before Edge realized it. Always love chatting with him, even though I didn’t get a chance to hear his sexy voice all round :(
Ecks: Ecks always planned to go solo after a few weeks, but he ended up staying until nearly the end. He’s my southern boy, wish he hadn’t been so busy this round – like chatting with him.
Kellyl: A newbie who signed up late, but an experienced war gamer who is chatty. Hope to see him next round!
Boomer: Another newbie who signed up late, hope to get him up to speed next round.
Truth: Truth was going to be my war leader this round, but life got in the way. I hope he obtains a new computer soon, and I wish him luck where ever he may be.
Forgot to add Canff, (I'm so sorry!): My hunter of hunters :) A true mark of a stellar player is one who chooses to go up against other hunters, rather than easy newbie prey :)

Not part of my alliance, but worth a mention:
Azool: For making a different sort of map that made us think of the game in different ways. Learning new strats is one reason why I play war games. A game were you use the same strat over and over again becomes stale and boring.
MrSpock: mentioned here because he showed me the respect of negotiating with me, rather than other players. He promises me sushi in Germany when I visit in May, and I’m planning on making him keep that promise ;)
Greydeath: The admin I know and trust the most. Always good with advice; he is truly the elder statesman of SMR.

For those who won't be joining with me next round, but would still like to chat or negotiate with me, you are always welcome in #albineus. You'll find me or Kerius there :)
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Decennial Resurgence, GIA

Post by RCK »

Id complain i didnt get a mention... but... guess i actually have to show up occasionally ;)
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I'm sorry, RCK! I wanted to include everyone - but yeah, I forgot about you when you disappeared the last couple of weeks.

But I can give you credit!

I want to include RCK, who patiently flew his armed EoS around the galaxies aimlessly while we waited for our op leader to decide what ports we were going to hit. (His post about flying the EoS aimlessly gave me the biggest laugh of that rather chaotic night).
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Holti wrote:I'm sorry, RCK! I wanted to include everyone - but yeah, I forgot about you when you disappeared the last couple of weeks.

But I can give you credit!

I want to include RCK, who patiently flew his armed EoS around the galaxies aimlessly while we waited for our op leader to decide what ports we were going to hit. (His post about flying the EoS aimlessly gave me the biggest laugh of that rather chaotic night).
LOL, i do what i can to keep ppl entertained ;)