Who's the best trader?

For saying "Well Done" or "Look what I did"
Hypno
Quiet One

Who's the best trader?

Post by Hypno »

I have a question for all. Would like your opinions.

Are the new traders as good, better, not as good, as the old time traders from games past?

For example; Old game trader Willow was the first player to brake 100k XP, Tempus exceded that by a large amount. However, new traders are trading to over 100k XP constantly in the new games. Would old age and trechery win out over youth and XP or would the yonguns whoop the seniors?
Form of Chaos

Post by Form of Chaos »

Hmm, I think this should be in General Discussion area, or even Questions to the Players. No Biggy. But I have no idea about how good past traders were compared to present day players. I just hope I will be able to break 100k soon!
DaPlayaFA-
Beta Tester

Re: Who's the best trader?

Post by DaPlayaFA- »

Hypno wrote:I have a question for all. Would like your opinions.

Are the new traders as good, better, not as good, as the old time traders from games past?

For example; Old game trader Willow was the first player to brake 100k XP, Tempus exceded that by a large amount. However, new traders are trading to over 100k XP constantly in the new games. Would old age and trechery win out over youth and XP or would the yonguns whoop the seniors?
As one of the oldest "new" guys and having a reputation being one of the best "new school" traders, I can safely say...no. Why?

1) Not as much people(vets) playing so that means easier trading
2) Good hunters are scarce (Only constant active ones are Mar, DW, etc)
3) The good hunters that used to pop me in A SECOND, are now gone. ( Jungle, Aeon), or are playing with me this game and aren't active
4) Routes are a lot better now
5) If 4 does not apply, then you can build a route

And the most important reason why new schoolers are not better than old schoolers...

SMC
Dont flatter yourself...you aren't that important
DekeFentle

Re: Who's the best trader?

Post by DekeFentle »

Hypno wrote:I have a question for all. Would like your opinions.

***shakes his head sadly****

NO comparison. I don't even have to be playing to tell you that.
Deke Fentle

Revelation 6:8
Meathead
Quiet One

Post by Meathead »

Well, I've been mediocre in both and I would say it used to be much harder to trade. It was much harder to be good at trading. It was harder to find routes. It was alot more dangerous. Of course, with pack hunting today it is more common to get one-shot podded.
TahKillahz
Beta Tester

Post by TahKillahz »

most people in this game dont even compare to anyone that played in old SM...lets jus say in famine....tempus, cisyoes....forget that..the whole Willowstrance alliance....it might as well be a completly different game..there jus no comparision b/w the players now and the players of old SM..dont get me wrong...there are some REALLY good players now...its jus there wuz so much more, and much more skill needed then
TahKillahz
Beta Tester

Post by TahKillahz »

not to mention tempus broke 210k, cisyoes broke 175k...and that wuz when u could gain a maximum of 42xp a trade in a psf no matter wut the size of the route...so the 1 sector routes where the best then
Ravenger
Beta Tester

Post by Ravenger »

as leader of jungle's alliance i'd like to say that he is active :) just not in SMR i talk to him nightly
if you see a You Are Under Attack. screen its probly not me