Death Control on controlling

For saying "Well Done" or "Look what I did"
Rosebud
Quiet One

Death Control on controlling

Post by Rosebud »

Way to go guys. I figured no one else would give credit where credit is due since they don't know what all went on inside the alliance. First and foremost I would just like to say WOW! Teamwork extrodinaire this round from the 2x wonders who mined like no other to Mar who didn't hunt when he played at the start of the game. Its been a while since I've seen such selflessness throughout so many players in one alliance. There was no one showing off or not participating because they wanted to do their own thing.

Along with the teamwork I'd like to say we accomplished another one of our goals this game. We were made fun of for not helping newbs out because we are a "vet" alliance, least that is what everyone says ;) so we made Life Control to help out some of the newer players. I'd say that it was a success with LC showing up on the top ten for kills, something relatively hard for an alliance made of people who had never played before.

Next would be domination guys. We set that as our goal and we accomplished it. We took out 2 lvl 70s in a week to show what we could do. Yes, one was done with LCers (the first one). We were ridiculed for not being able to do a bust by ourselves even though they were along for the learning experience. What did we do then? We busted another lvl 70 planets with ONLY DCers and no LCers which I believe is the first time a single alliance busted a lvl 70 by themselves in SMR (I might be wrong was gone for a couple of months).

Along with domination of others comes protecting ourselves... we kept all our planets I believe only losing a few at the start of the game to FI which we quickly got back. IoTOM gave us a run for our money towards the end but we stopped em by stocking the planet which took over 20000 dmg and having anx constantly single in his high exp cloaker. This allowed us to have more planets than anyone else. We even were able to defend our planets that were in a hostile galaxy now THAT is impressive.

Now I'm not tooting our own horn here, but since the game is over I cant post this in the alliance MB. I would like to say thanks to each and every person in DC this game that made it as enjoyable as it was. good luck in the future guys :-D
B.O.B. - Rosebud is one of craziest cool drunks I know.
Jez
Quiet One

Post by Jez »

Sterling wrote:Despite all the pettiness that this thread is bound to be degraded to by certain powers that be (or that wish??)
I didn't see any pettiness of any sort in this thread thus far, but that line is pretty much asking for it. Perhaps if you didn't look so much for the so-called "pettiness" it wouldn't appear so often.

Anyways nice game DC and congrats to you guys, but remember DoW > all. ;)
Gaah
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

we would have busted a DC planet on our own if azool wouldnt have closed the game early. Blah what about us we ran a 11x11x11x11x for most of the game it was lovely...die in a fire fight a few times and then trade the route one day make 20 mill 11k and u are back in things
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

Any leader who manages to make me mine gotta be great... ;) or maybe it was the fact that I was really bored with SMR... anyways GJ DC for whatever we did...
=)

It takes one to be one!
Warlock
Quiet One

Post by Warlock »

I wouldn't need 8 alliances. :) Just one. :P But it looks like we'll need to wait until this game has past for that one (Unless things change that I don't know about). It's nice to know there's another solid team out there. Look forward to it.
Kal
Quiet One

Post by Kal »

Sterling wrote:Despite all the pettiness that this thread is bound to be degraded to by certain powers that be ...
Hasn't happened so far :)

I'll congratulate you guys. You were strong for the last couple of games but I think in this one you have shown your true capabilities. Some people say that Schumaker and Ferrarri are ruining F1 with their dominance, and this is a bit similar. I don't see it that way and can respect a team that excels a level above everyone else.

Well done.