beta

For saying "Well Done" or "Look what I did"
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

so orca was being sarcastic about how he doesnt like the changes when he first posted?
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

When is mod going to lock this? We're going in circles AND this is the "Well Done" thread. I say lock it and start other thread spesificaly for beta changes.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Freon22 wrote:Since there is a thread on beta I thought I would ask a question about it here.

I just when to beta login page and it tryed to run an script on my computer "QuickTimeCheck Scriptable Object" I backed out of there don't like any website trying to run anything on my computer. But I would like to know what it is.
The stats program they use checks if you have stuff installed like quicktime, acrobat reader, and so on.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Curufir

Post by Curufir »

B.O.B. wrote:The stats program they use checks if you have stuff installed like quicktime, acrobat reader, and so on.
BOB is correct. The plugin detection used by awstats gives some odd effects with certain browsers. There was a bug report on Adobe Acrobat, think it was that, starting up at the SMR login page. It was traced to the stats javascript, so the javascript got removed about 4 months ago. It is however harmless, and is only executed on the login page. If you're bothered by it at all then turn off javascript until you've logged in.