FI

For saying "Well Done" or "Look what I did"
piratedan
Quiet One

FI

Post by piratedan »

I'd like to thank FI for showing us just how out of whack this BETA is becoming.

Six ships taking down a level 73 planet.

Let me repeat that for emphasis...... six ships, taking down a 70+ planet.

Perhaps I'm too wedded to the way things used to be, but anyone who has played this game in a big alliance in the last five years can't see this as a good thing.

My understanding was that Planets were supposed to be made more difficult to take rather than easier, the FI OP on 3420 illustrates that this is not the case. No planetary primer is available and so we have no way to test what does and doesn't work, but regardless of that, six ships taking a 70+, sorry, there's just something inherently wrong with that. There are lots of exciting new features in the game that need to be balanced somehow, someway and currently as the game stands, there's no real way to test them based on how the game is working now. Formulas need to be reset and retested because the rest of us that aren't sitting at 200k or above in exp might as well not bother because all we are is cannon fodder at this point in the game.

so far we have discovered...... forces don't work unless you have high experience, planetary defenses still need to be tweaked, namely if the shooties know where the defenses are coming from, that is a decided disadvantage for the defenders. Upgrades and cash, while readily available, are pretty much being limited by folks for reasons unknown as if this game mattered instead of allowing people to test out the game and determine what is working and what isn't. No one is keeping track of the kills here, so are why are we seeing 4 vs 1 hunting parties sitting at all of the fat ports? what knowledge is being gleaned from this? Port raids are more lethal than planet defenses? Why isn't anyone sharing information out there?

Why post this here? I dunno, I see so few comments and ideas being offered up in the bugs and suggestions threads that I wonder if everyone forgot that this is BETA testing for SMR and not another round where we're all trying to "win". I can only comment on the things I see as a player, I KNOW that I can't see it all, nor do I have the gift of perception when it comes from the aspect of a trader or a hunter, so all I can do is point out what I see, I'm sure that there are others who have also noticed issues.

I understand that people also just want to play, but please, can we stop with the guys over 300k killing people fresh out of newbs who are exploring this game for the first time? If that means more NPC's to battle, then lets dig 'em up. Maybe route those guys already this round with 30+ kills into some game where they can all go hunt each other. So can we all start working towards making the GAME better please? I know the coders are out there working, but I'm sure that everything in the bug/suggestion/BETA threads only covers a portion of what's been found so far. Ideas to tweak the changes into a reality of some sort and keeping the game a challenge are more than welcomed by the BETA testers I assume, and if people dissagree on an idea on how to resolve an issue, lets handle it with civility. I think what I want is the same thing all of you want, a good game to play, that's a challenge to play, that's hard to master and an opportunity to enjoy it with friends.

end of soapbox mode
neto
Quiet One

Re: FI

Post by neto »

Trader Ship Rating Level Option
Jecht (134) (Faded Image) Federal Arbitrator 68/33 100
Examine
Sleeve of Wizard (147) (Faded Image) Federal Ultimatum 33/28 46
Examine
Strawberry (65) (Faded Image) Erebus Imposer 87/35 40
Examine
Target (21) (Faded Image) Federal Provocateur 58/21 27

where do i get me half those ships?
MIDGET MADNESS!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I really feel like I should be making a copy of this to discuss elsewhere...infact, I will.
Venganza
Quiet One

Post by Venganza »

I was testing too. I was discovering some of the things a lvl 100 player can do.
Thing i had most fun with was mine clearing. average 50 stack dealt less than 100. most i got hit for was 550 froma 125 stack on a dead end.
piratedan
Quiet One

Post by piratedan »

TY guys, appreciate you helping to illustrate the point I was trying to make, while everything has been adjusted upwards to a certain degree, ship size and capabilities are off the charts and obviously need to be either rethought or a determination wether these benefits actually are a good element of gameplay. There are a couple of suggestion threads working as well where ideas are being proposed. I don't mind have super planets waxed, but when it comes with this kind of ease, it tends to remove several elements of gameplay that many of us have come to enjoy.