Draft Round

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Draft Round

Post by JettJackson »

Siege wrote:
JettJackson wrote:
Siege wrote:a 2500 sector tunnel with 200 planets in it. Also the map is not revealed as you explore, it stays black the entire time so MGU is irrelevant and alliances have to keep track of locations.
This would grossly strengthen Jump as its one galaxy. Lets not get cute with the map, a standard map would be fine, part of the problem with these special games is that there is the perception that there has to be a special map for them. There doesn't and alot of time the map kills the special game.

I was kidding.
well you never know sometimes you send to have weird ideas.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Remlak
Beta Tester

Post by Remlak »

Hmm, i would be open to playing a full round for a special draft game like this. Everything i read sounds good.

-Alliance leaders should have full authority to do as they see fit(including booting). They are the leaders after all. I kind of like the ideal of alliance members having the ability to "impeach" their leader by popular vote(maybe 80%). New leader would replace current leader, who would just become another trader in the alliance. Secondly, if a player is booted, for whatever reason, they should be locked out from joining the other alliance. They can either go mercanary, or be re-invited back to their original alliance.

-2 Teams is definately the best way to go. Head to head, no co-op bs between multipul alliances to take 1 down. Would help cut back on extensive minefields everywhere. Yep, 2 teams max.

-2.0 Game speed sounds nice; 6-8 weeks long

- For victory conditions, i love the ideal of first to reach 70. But why not expand on that? Say once an alliance has built a lvl 70, they have to hold it for X amount of time. If the planet gets busted, the game can either end and a victor is named; continue until one alliance builds and holds a 70 for x amount of time; or until the game deadline passes(6-8 weeks). In addition to that, hand out bonus points for various other acheivements in the game(ie Kills, ops, wealth, ect, ect).

-Definately go with a draft. I personally think the game should be locked to new players after x amount of time has passed after the start of the round(say 24 hours). This would increase the value of each member that each alliance has. Lose a player, and you lose a valuable resource. Otherwise, in the begining of the round, wouldnt leaders just boot people they feel they dont need, since they would eventually be replaced with new players joining? New players would be assigned to the alliance with the next pick. Players should also be locked into the alliance they are drafted to; only way out would be to be booted(or give them the option to leave of their own accord, but not be able to join the other alliance, or form a new alliance).

Im looking playing a special round like this. I hope it pans out :)
Truth

Post by Truth »

My ideas.
1. There should be a leader.
2. No alliance cap
3. 2 alliances draft style recruiting.
I do not think the game should end when someone gets a level 70 planet instead should end when someone takes and HOLDS a lvl 70 planet for a week.
Otherwise no time limit. In other words this game will ONLY end when that condition is met. If its busted the win timer resets.

But for this to work mines need to be fixed to be back the way they were (I know I know mines have been yelled and screamed at for a LONG LONG LONG time now).
Otherwise defending becomes to difficult since you have nothing other than your online guys to stop a 13-15 man fleet. Mines used to be a prime way to defend because they reduced the amount of ships you could actually take to the planet. (due to having clearing ships)

I agree with voting for a leader. (Yes I voted to be a leader but what good is being a leader if nobody on your team wants you to be?)
However once a leader is chosen hes it. There is no impeachment.

Kicking from alliance is not needed. Admins can take care of that if need be.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

how about first lvl 70(and held for a week) and or first person to reach 500k!? this will make people want to possibly trade and provoke hunting!
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

N.ator wrote:how about first lvl 70(and held for a week) and or first person to reach 500k!? this will make people want to possibly trade and provoke hunting!
Trading shouldn't end a game, because a blind monkey with a computer can trade to 500k. Bad idea.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

JettJackson wrote:
N.ator wrote:how about first lvl 70(and held for a week) and or first person to reach 500k!? this will make people want to possibly trade and provoke hunting!
Trading shouldn't end a game, because a blind monkey with a computer can trade to 500k. Bad idea.
yeah but it takes time and skill because you can easily be killed
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:yeah but it takes time and skill because you can easily be killed
With the lack of real hunters left, I don't know that its that easy to die really. A dilligent trader in a PSF is hard to take down.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Beausoleil wrote:
N.ator wrote:yeah but it takes time and skill because you can easily be killed
With the lack of real hunters left, I don't know that its that easy to die really. A dilligent trader in a PSF is hard to take down.
Yeah if this were to be put in place I'd run the table and trade 500k, I need it anyways if I want a shot at making elite, just to prove to poca how easy it is.

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

yeah but i bet i can beat you to 500k
ImageImage
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

How about ... (*checks her stats*) ... round ends when I die the first time?
Use The Force(s)!