Draft Round

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: Draft Round

Post by Beausoleil »

Infinity wrote:How about ... (*checks her stats*) ... round ends when I die the first time?
Unless you pick me for your side, that would give you... (*checks his stats*)...three weeks? :D
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

what if each team starts with a 70, first team to take the enemies 70 wins.

plain simple, cut, and dry.

round starts and its a rush to an arms race, trade get cash, then either attack or defend.

pros: if one team is vastly better the game will be quick, and we can make adjustments, action starts right away, no waiting to build a planet. Everyone is going to be focused on getting funds and getting to war. Planets take damage during attacks, so rebuilding them is important.

cons: too simple, games could end very quickly. OCD planet builder players wont have to obsess about planet build times for 6 months and may actually get tans/sleep.
i killed orca.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

silverx2 wrote:what if each team starts with a 70, first team to take the enemies 70 wins.

plain simple, cut, and dry.

round starts and its a rush to an arms race, trade get cash, then either attack or defend.

pros: if one team is vastly better the game will be quick, and we can make adjustments, action starts right away, no waiting to build a planet. Everyone is going to be focused on getting funds and getting to war. Planets take damage during attacks, so rebuilding them is important.

cons: too simple, games could end very quickly. OCD planet builder players wont have to obsess about planet build times for 6 months and may actually get tans/sleep.
would end way too quickly.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
El_Guapo
Quiet One

Post by El_Guapo »

I actually like that idea better. You would have to work as a team to trade and to OP the other team's rock. And who cares if its over too quickly? This is supposed to be a second game to run along side a normal round.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

El_Guapo wrote:I actually like that idea better. You would have to work as a team to trade and to OP the other team's rock. And who cares if its over too quickly? This is supposed to be a second game to run along side a normal round.
Obviously people who like having fun playing smr don't want games ending within days.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

JettJackson wrote:
El_Guapo wrote:I actually like that idea better. You would have to work as a team to trade and to OP the other team's rock. And who cares if its over too quickly? This is supposed to be a second game to run along side a normal round.
Obviously people who like having fun playing smr don't want games ending within days.
I can guarantee that it would be over on day 3.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Will the chosen leaders be able to see people's nick history so they know who they are choosing?
El_Guapo
Quiet One

Post by El_Guapo »

[quote="Sufex"][quote="JettJackson"][quote="El_Guapo"]I actually like that idea better. You would have to work as a team to trade and to OP the other team's rock. And who cares if its over too quickly? This is supposed to be a second game to run along side a normal round.[/quote]

Obviously people who like having fun playing smr don't want games ending within days.[/quote]

I can guarantee that it would be over on day 3.[/quote]

How? You have to trade first to be able to afford warbirds and then make a successful bust on a lvl 70. Thats at least a week :)
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Will people be able to choose race before or after the selection process? That is, can it play a role in a leader's strategy?
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Edgecrusher wrote:Will people be able to choose race before or after the selection process? That is, can it play a role in a leader's strategy?
As for selecting players - I would like it if leaders could see previous handles so they know who they are picking, yes. I believe Page can set this up.

As for selecting races - this is an interesting point. I do not believe this was part of the original plan. If both you and Kiks agree that you'd like to determine people's races for them, I would say we can ask Page if it can be made to be so.