New Dawn - Initial Impressions

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: New Dawn - Initial Impressions

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:As I have pointed out multiple times, clearing said forces is a CHOICE. This universe is huge (by comparison to the last few maps), this mines that everyone is crying about is 4 of 25 galaxies.

FOUR, 1, 2, 3, 4! That's 16% of the universe.

This is allot of complaining about 16%. In the end, the choice to clear (or not to) is on the individual/alliance.

Also, JJ the fact you have 7 people clearing, and cant clear 1 galaxy in a week.... is just sad...

Providing I dont die, I was clearing 4/5 sectors a day by myself...
Impossible to do this with 12000 damage done to forces and only 1130 forces killed.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

JettJackson wrote:
RCK wrote:As I have pointed out multiple times, clearing said forces is a CHOICE. This universe is huge (by comparison to the last few maps), this mines that everyone is crying about is 4 of 25 galaxies.

This is allot of complaining about 16%. In the end, the choice to clear (or not to) is on the individual/alliance.

Also, JJ the fact you have 7 people clearing, and cant clear 1 galaxy in a week.... is just sad...

Impossible to do this with 12000 damage done to forces and only 1130 forces killed.
Okay so i implied i was by myself, not true, but fact stands 3-5 ppl can clear multiple sectors quicker then you seem to be able to.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

Okay so i implied i was by myself, not true, but fact stands 3-5 ppl can clear multiple sectors quicker then you seem to be able to.
RCK even adding up all the damage your alliance has done and all the forces your alliance has killed doesn't even come close to the numbers you are saying, especially since you aren't single shield clearing in that gal as you haven't busted a rock there yet.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Out to discredit me that much are you?

Either way, I'm still saying

A) Its a choice to clear
B) they are not that bad to clear
C) YOU pushed for the change to mines.

so just stop :D, suck it up, clear the damn things and move on.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

The mines arent that big of a deal. In fact most people like the new aspect. And as RCK said, its like 16% of the map that is even mined, and there are options that arent mined.

What JJ is doing, is changeing the discussion from the real topic (mines being a nice addition everyone enjoys EXCEPT him) to wether RCK is telling the truth or not.

Seemingly, if he wins his point of discrediting RCK, that victory will count towards the initial point of the discussion, which is the mines themselves, and not wether RCK cleared as much as he said.

Its a common strategy in debates. The trick is to call it out, so it doesnt work.

Yes RCK was fibbing when he said he cleared "x" amount of mines

No the mines are not a problem despite what JJ says.

Id rather die to mines twice because i made mistakes, then die to sergei because the map is 30x too small and he has an uber ship in a 1.75 speed round, making it so there is no place he cant be at all times in a better ship.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Kard wrote:The mines arent that big of a deal. In fact most people like the new aspect. And as RCK said, its like 16% of the map that is even mined, and there are options that arent mined.

What JJ is doing, is changeing the discussion from the real topic (mines being a nice addition everyone enjoys EXCEPT him) to wether RCK is telling the truth or not.

Seemingly, if he wins his point of discrediting RCK, that victory will count towards the initial point of the discussion, which is the mines themselves, and not wether RCK cleared as much as he said.

Its a common strategy in debates. The trick is to call it out, so it doesnt work.

Yes RCK was fibbing when he said he cleared "x" amount of mines

No the mines are not a problem despite what JJ says.

Id rather die to mines twice because i made mistakes, then die to sergei because the map is 30x too small and he has an uber ship in a 1.75 speed round, making it so there is no place he cant be at all times in a better ship.
Kard for the last time, I said last map I made mistakes when making it, yet you constantly use that as a talking point to convey your message of map issues. Look at the stats this game, Serg already has 13 kills so using your logic the map must still be too small. And yes in this discussion if RCK is just giving faulty information it should be discredited. I see no reason to just give bad information when discussing this topic. Btw you wouldn't want to die to mines over a person, that makes 0 sense especially when you lose more exp dying to mines. How that is even remotely conceived as being fun is beyond comprehension.

Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

Holti wrote:
Isn't it a bit crazy to say you are having fun dying to NPC mines
Actually, it is. The phenomena is called "challenge", and it's not a insurmountable challenge, either. I know with diligence, the mine fields will disappear, just as we know that people will die during lvl 70 planet busts, but eventually the planets will fall.
Since when is clearing mines anything but a nuisance?

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

Since when is clearing mines anything but a nuisance?
When has being podded been anything but a nuisance?
When has going to your favorite routes and finding them drained been anything but a nuisance?

The reality is there are a number of things that are annoying in war games, and these annoying, yet surmountable challenges are why we play!

Since Freon22 said I didn't all of the questions RCK asked, I will do so now.

What I like:

I like the map, I did the moment I first looked at it. Lots of different things to try, lots of unpredictable things that can happen depending on an alliance's strat and activity.
I like the hobbits, and in fact think they could be enhanced to provide more amusement.
I like tunneling through minefields in hobbit galaxies. If I didn't, I wouldn't have died three times doing so.
I like that the map allows me to use my favorite piece of hardware, the jump drive (I fell in love with the Deep Spacer waaaaay back in 1999 or so for that reason).

What I don't like:

JJ, Orca, Sergei, and Sufex telling me what I will and will not like in this game.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Holti wrote: What I don't like:

JJ, Orca, Sergei, and Sufex telling me what I will and will not like in this game.
Holti is my new favorite SMR player :P
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:
Holti wrote: What I don't like:

Holti is my new favorite SMR player :P
Except I am not telling anyone to do anything. If holti finds joy in dying to mines not matter how silly that premise is, she is more than welcome to do it. Plus orca isn't playing this game. Who knows he might not again either as he likes activity and the last few games people were hit once and then folded up shop for the rest of the game. Thankfully this game the crus are back and no matter how many times they are hit they will come back