New Dawn - Initial Impressions

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Kard
Beta Tester

Re: New Dawn - Initial Impressions

Post by Kard »

JettJackson wrote:
RCK wrote:
Holti wrote: What I don't like:

JJ, Orca, Sergei, and Sufex telling me what I will and will not like in this game.
Holti is my new favorite SMR player :P
Except I am not telling anyone to do anything. If holti finds joy in dying to mines not matter how silly that premise is, she is more than welcome to do it. Plus orca isn't playing this game. Who knows he might not again either as he likes activity and the last few games people were hit once and then folded up shop for the rest of the game. Thankfully this game the crus are back and no matter how many times they are hit they will come back
This is why everyone hates you. You are such a pretentious know it all. How many times do people have to say that they didnt play because YOUR terrible map, was indeed terrible, and not worth playing. There have been rounds where people got slaughtered, and kept playing, because the map was fun (except for azools map, where your alliance lost 26 ships in one op, and folded up shop for the rest of the round. Which wasnt long because admins added locs and ruined it)

You say ok i know my map was bad, im sorry. Then say, the map wasnt bad, people just quit, which totaly retracts everything you say.

No one folds up shop if they are getting beat. They fold up shop if the game isnt fun. Me, and MOST OTHERS will keep playing no matter the deaths or losing. But we wont play a map where we cant do all the aspects of the game we find fun. Throw up a map where it is 100% geared towards hunting from fed, and completely useless to build planets, minefields, trade routes, well then we wont play.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Kard wrote: But we wont play a map where we cant do all the aspects of the game we find fun. Throw up a map where it is 100% geared towards hunting from fed, and completely useless to build planets, minefields, trade routes, well then we wont play.
Very well said Kard, this is why I no longer play. But hearing about this game round I think I may play next round if it is geared the way I hear this map is. Only a few will play a map that is geared for them only most will just sit it out.
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

Kard wrote:
This is why everyone hates you. You are such a pretentious know it all. How many times do people have to say that they didnt play because YOUR terrible map, was indeed terrible, and not worth playing. There have been rounds where people got slaughtered, and kept playing, because the map was fun (except for azools map, where your alliance lost 26 ships in one op, and folded up shop for the rest of the round. Which wasnt long because admins added locs and ruined it)

You say ok i know my map was bad, im sorry. Then say, the map wasnt bad, people just quit, which totaly retracts everything you say.

No one folds up shop if they are getting beat. They fold up shop if the game isnt fun. Me, and MOST OTHERS will keep playing no matter the deaths or losing. But we wont play a map where we cant do all the aspects of the game we find fun. Throw up a map where it is 100% geared towards hunting from fed, and completely useless to build planets, minefields, trade routes, well then we wont play.
Are you that butt hurt about Sergei getting alot of kills? it really had nothing to do with the map.

Why is it that our alliance can build planets, have minefields, have an uber route, and no one else can?

You can blame it on the map all you want, but what it comes down to is skill, something that you lack.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Sufex wrote:
Kard wrote:

Are you that butt hurt about Sergei getting alot of kills? it really had nothing to do with the map.

Why is it that our alliance can build planets, have minefields, have an uber route, and no one else can?

You can blame it on the map all you want, but what it comes down to is skill, something that you lack.
lol what are you even talking about?

You are the one who is butt hurt because holti roasted you and JJ.

Guys like you are whats keeping this game down. Wanting terrbile small super high turn maps that cater to people who like to sit in a DC or cara all round and never leave racials.

If you want this game to be anything good, like it was back in the day, then it needs big dynamic maps with normal speeds. We need to encourage building planets and minefields, far away from fed territory.

You can call me bad or butt hurt all you want, but the proof is in the data. Look at activity for bigger maps versus smaller maps.

Here, after this rouind ends, You, JJ, Orca, and Sergei can host a small fed hunting map, and Ill host a map twice as big as the one currently up. Lets see who has anyone to play with lol. You will be terrible lonely.

Case closed. Leave your ego out of this. If you can.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Kard wrote:
Sufex wrote:
Kard wrote:

lol what are you even talking about?

You are the one who is butt hurt because holti roasted you and JJ.

Guys like you are whats keeping this game down. Wanting terrbile small super high turn maps that cater to people who like to sit in a DC or cara all round and never leave racials.

If you want this game to be anything good, like it was back in the day, then it needs big dynamic maps with normal speeds. We need to encourage building planets and minefields, far away from fed territory.

You can call me bad or butt hurt all you want, but the proof is in the data. Look at activity for bigger maps versus smaller maps.

Here, after this rouind ends, You, JJ, Orca, and Sergei can host a small fed hunting map, and Ill host a map twice as big as the one currently up. Lets see who has anyone to play with lol. You will be terrible lonely.

Case closed. Leave your ego out of this. If you can.
You might want to dial back the insults just as a starter. Furthermore you are actually wrong about speed as polling showed people like faster maps, go back and look at the previous poll. Lastly I never said last map was great, I think you fail to realize the game beforehand was ended early and I was given essentially 4 days to whip up a map, which yes had things that I later regret including but once again you like to keep throwing last map in my face as if I didn't learn a thing from it. Your confrontational point here means little when I admit I was wrong.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Actually the poll showed quite clearly that people wanted 1.5 speed, which is 60 turns/day less in a base 10 ship than at 1.75, a decent slowdown in reality.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:Actually the poll showed quite clearly that people wanted 1.5 speed, which is 60 turns/day less in a base 10 ship than at 1.75, a decent slowdown in reality.
The vote was split but it wasn't just everyone wanted 1.5, I voted for 1.5 myself but I know a large number of the player base actually likes faster games too.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Yes, and a bunch wanted slower than 1.5 too.. Hence why I said 1.5 was the clear winner since it was the number that most people wanted and was also the median point of the spread as well.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:Yes, and a bunch wanted slower than 1.5 too.. Hence why I said 1.5 was the clear winner since it was the number that most people wanted and was also the median point of the spread as well.
Yeah I don't know how we got on game speed as that wasn't an issue being discussed here really.

Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

You made the blanket statement that people like faster maps, I pointed out that all the evidence we have shows otherwise. As such stop trying to use it as a defence, we all agree last map was bad, there's no need to bring that up one way or another and defending it just makes it seem like you think it wasn't bad - which just helps to rile people up.

No more discussion of last map here, we are all well aware of it, let's focus on the current game.