new ship names

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

YA I think we should keep everything we can the same as far as names go. I mean, how serious is this legal trouble anyway? I mean isint SM changing most of their stuff anyway?

Heres some questions....

Would SM, a Free non profit game, Fund a international lawsuit? what would they gain? Text is text, we could change all our pictures thats fin, but I want to see the majority of names stay the same if at all possible.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Cromeman

Post by Cromeman »

Monachy?
ReTodd

Post by ReTodd »

The HBC should be called a Destroyer, because that's what its supposed to be. And the dessy now is really a Battle Ship, but maybe give it a more exciting name that just Human Battle Ship. Something like vanquisher or Hero or Champion.
1st time I traded over 100k, I cheated ;) So nobody cares what names I've used or alliances I've been in.
CHEAT0RZ 4 LIFE0RZ!
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Freebie/cheap ship:
Academy skiff
Light Pinnace
Trade Scow
Star Runner

Trader:
Tortuga

Hunter:
Wyrmtooth
Ravenclaw
Javelina
Nightcrawler
Star Patroller
Flame Drake

Capital:
Hellion
Nebulae
Sultan
Emperor's Fist
Peacemaker
that which pods you makes you stronger
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

LotuS wrote:YA I think we should keep everything we can the same as far as names go. I mean, how serious is this legal trouble anyway? I mean isint SM changing most of their stuff anyway?

Heres some questions....

Would SM, a Free non profit game, Fund a international lawsuit? what would they gain? Text is text, we could change all our pictures thats fin, but I want to see the majority of names stay the same if at all possible.
Hear of something called morals? ethics?

However, some of the names, like Thief, Rogue, freighter etc, aren't really SM original anyway.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK