Lotus should be banned from this board

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

Tulayrk wrote:And for the people who say to ignore him: where would you draw the line as to how many useless posts per day is tolerable? Will you jump to my defense if I were to post pointless crap once an hour? Twice? Eighty times? Does my limit go up if I spell words wrong on purpose because it's "teh funnay?"
Hes not spamming at an excellerated rate, from what i've seen its just every now and then and not in every thread. But maybe thats b/c I somehow have this ability to ignore dumb posts and they don't catch my eye. If it were in every thread on a regular basis then yeah, thats a problem. Also, I'm not jumping to anyone's defense, i'm saying ignore Lotus... so in that same respect I'll also say Ignore Tulayrk. As far as spelling words wrong, what do you want to do about that? I don't mind your fragment sentences with incomplete ideas so I can also man up and not care about mispellings.

You see, the problem is that people here are sweating the small stuff. I really hope most of you guys aren't like this in real life because there is no way I could talk to you. Lotus I know is doing this to humor himself but if I want to talk to him on another level I know I can... but most people here don't seem to be taking on another personality... and thats scary that you care this much about something as silly as an online game webboard... repeat that to yourself a few times an online... game... webboard. Yes I know we need order... blah blah blah, can't let anarchy rule... blah blah blah, but if its not really a huge problem, then go with the flow.

As for Communism, its perfect on paper... never would work in practice.
B.O.B. - Rosebud is one of craziest cool drunks I know.
Tulayrk
Quiet One

Post by Tulayrk »

Rosebud wrote: Hes not spamming at an excellerated rate, from what i've seen its just every now and then and not in every thread. But maybe thats b/c I somehow have this ability to ignore dumb posts and they don't catch my eye. If it were in every thread on a regular basis then yeah, thats a problem. Also, I'm not jumping to anyone's defense, i'm saying ignore Lotus... so in that same respect I'll also say Ignore Tulayrk. As far as spelling words wrong, what do you want to do about that? I don't mind your fragment sentences with incomplete ideas so I can also man up and not care about mispellings.
The point I was trying to make was that he might not necessarily be "spamming at an accelerated rate," but where do you draw that line? Exactly how much is tolerable?

Also, there's a difference between mistakes and intentional mistakes. If your alliance likes saying 0wnXored or whatever amongst themselves, that's fine, but it's probably not fit for the community as a whole (unless there is clear approval of it).
Rosebud wrote: Lotus I know is doing this to humor himself but if I want to talk to him on another level I know I can...
See, that's the problem. The webboard shouldn't be for people to just humor themselves, especially if the audience doesn't appreciate it.

It's not that I mind humor; in fact, humor is great. I pitifully try to make people laugh in my alliance chatroom sometimes, and if people told me I wasn't funny, I'd be quiet. It's the polite and decent thing to do. When someone is obviously amusing no one, they owe it to their audience and themselves to stop, not the other way around.

edit: free market for life.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

You're trying to make this as an axiomatic system which fully supports itself. The problem is that no consistent system can be complete as well. So with that stated I'd say Lotus hasn't crossed "the line" and I believe that, at the moment, that is what is most important.

As far as the being polite thing, thats a choice not something that has to be done. I understand what you're saying but being polite and courteous is left up to an individual.
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

Rosebud wrote:As for Communism, its perfect on paper... never would work in practice.
well, yes and no...

yes if u talk about the birth of communism, cause they forgot one essencial factor in their formula, the human factor. they forgot that humans are selfish, greedy and corruptible beeings... thats why communism didn't work out...

still, u can still apply almost all the basic communist ideals (adapted to the reality to the world today), and trust me, the world would definitely be a better place...
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

This thread is still pointless. Delete it, don't lock it or put it elsewhere.
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

Kuwl wrote:This thread is still pointless. Delete it, don't lock it or put it elsewhere.
why can u tell me? isn't this the general discussion? can't we talk about whatever we want?...
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

Volrath wrote:why can u tell me? isn't this the general discussion? can't we talk about whatever we want?...
This thread is pointless, it is lame, and it is in the wrong section of the board. It started out as a flame, and should be immediately removed from the general discussion. Flaming LOTUS on the general boards should be a no-no, and thus be deleted.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

Volrath wrote:
Rosebud wrote:As for Communism, its perfect on paper... never would work in practice.
well, yes and no...

yes if u talk about the birth of communism, cause they forgot one essencial factor in their formula, the human factor. they forgot that humans are selfish, greedy and corruptible beeings... thats why communism didn't work out...

still, u can still apply almost all the basic communist ideals (adapted to the reality to the world today), and trust me, the world would definitely be a better place...
I agree, human factor wasn't included on paper ;)
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

LotuS wrote:
B.O.B. wrote:I really wish LotuS wouldn't post something like "Hang him!" for no apparent reason.
It happened once. one time. it was like a month ago.
Please don't misquote me, I don't misquote you. I said I wish you wouldn't do it on the suggestions board. I didn't say how many times you did. I even said that on the GD sometimes it is nice to have someone try to lighten the attitude.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Kuwl wrote:
Volrath wrote:why can u tell me? isn't this the general discussion? can't we talk about whatever we want?...
This thread is pointless, it is lame, and it is in the wrong section of the board. It started out as a flame, and should be immediately removed from the general discussion. Flaming LOTUS on the general boards should be a no-no, and thus be deleted.
Maybe I am wrong, but I don't view it as a flame. I view it as someone requestion LotuS to stop or get someone with power to stop it.

In LotuS's defense alot of times it is comical and has lightened up on the amount he has done since alot of them were deleted by me. So what?! Get over it people.

You complain about him spamming meaningful threads, when over half of you are guilty of the same thing. I know this to be fact because when it is posted on GD or any other board I mod, I make sure I carefully read, understand (as best I can) and determine if it is allowable on the board.

I try to moderate as fairly as I can and I don't play favorites with anyone, even alliance mates. Want proof that over half of you have corrupted threads at one point or another? Go back through all your post since I became a mod and see how many of them end '<B.O.B.>" and me saying what I did to the post.

This community is quick to point fingers and set blame, but only as long as it isn't them.

You all cry for bans, again as long as it isn't yourself. Most cases on the board people just need a warning and they behave better after that. I've only requested a ban once, and that was cause a certain individual re-entered something after I censored it.

If you want to go to the extreme of banning for LotuS's minor infractions, then I would have to ban almost all of you. Why? Because swearing, albeit filtered, is against the rules and you are suppoed to remove it yourself, and not rely on filter. That would get 90% of you warnings and ban points (not enough to get you banned), but then 75% of you would get enough points from that type of infraction alone cause I have had to edit multiples of your posts. Then there's the fact that at least 25% of you would get bans automatically for using !'s and $'s and other symbols to circumnavigate the filter.

So quit your whining, all of you, and go find something new to whine about, this is a dead subject and is getting locked.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey