Stat Updating for next game

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Stat Updating for next game

Post by XDemonX »

I was wondering since the game is almost over, how did everyone like the fact that it takes 24 hours for stats to up, personally i hate it. I think it takes out A LOT of strategy out of the game and makes it a bit more dull. There is less thinking to do when you go after a trader or you look to see hunters are moving.

Yes i know top hunters have lots of kills, but most kills are in pan. This game should be renamed to Scout Wars. I dunno im just curious to see how you guys feels about this. I think stats should go back to real time update. Maybe the only thing that should probably stay is turns since last death
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

It was a fantastic change, don't bring real-time stats back. We don't want people to be able to hit F5 and tell that traders are trading, hunters are hunting, or that people are moving at all.
What, you want something witty?
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

RandyOrsolo wrote:It was a fantastic change, don't bring real-time stats back. We don't want people to be able to hit F5 and tell that traders are trading, hunters are hunting, or that people are moving at all.
I concur
Need a good computer or good gaming server? Visit http://www.frozen-tech.net
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

That, and it's unrealistic having all the stats instantaneously. IE, I'm definitely not omniprescent, are you?
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

i loved the stats not updating. it was nice to see people actually have to work for a kill instead of watching people trade a 3x then looking up on mgu/smc and go kill. No skill in that at all, now people have to rely on their scouts info and their alliances info to get the kills.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Re: Stat Updating for next game

Post by Prince Valiant »

XDemonX wrote:I was wondering since the game is almost over, how did everyone like the fact that it takes 24 hours for stats to up, personally i hate it. I think it takes out A LOT of strategy out of the game and makes it a bit more dull. There is less thinking to do when you go after a trader or you look to see hunters are moving.

Yes i know top hunters have lots of kills, but most kills are in pan. This game should be renamed to Scout Wars. I dunno im just curious to see how you guys feels about this. I think stats should go back to real time update. Maybe the only thing that should probably stay is turns since last death
omg scout wars...you people have to move around and lay scouts instead of just counting the turns someone has used....hmmm effor or no effort....i think they will have to work for it
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

RandyOrsolo wrote:It was a fantastic change, don't bring real-time stats back. We don't want people to be able to hit F5 and tell that traders are trading, hunters are hunting, or that people are moving at all.
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Best change smr has came up with yet with the right backing. Oh no you can't find a lander in 1 hour! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I haven't had any problems playing without the stats.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

The only problem I see is that people are now trading up more experience than past games on regular routes in non-planet galaxies. That is the only downside... traders getting it a little easier. But for vet hunters, it hasn't been a problem.
Need a good computer or good gaming server? Visit http://www.frozen-tech.net