Honor?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Honor?

Post by B.O.B. »

What happend to the abundance of honor that the playerbase used to have?
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Would you care to elaborate?
that which pods you makes you stronger
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I hope this isn't still about the AtG issue. If it is, get over it already!
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Actually it is about 3 spies/thieves in SF, and numerous others in other alliances this game alone. It is the growing trend of dishonorable players. I don't know about the rest of you, but this game to me has always been about honor. For instances, un-coded treaties has always been about honor.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

the thief issue has been settled, do have any new evidence that there is a spy in your midst? if so, i'd be happy to hear it and would be genuinely surprised if you had concrete evidence to that end.

with that being said, i understand your sentiment and agree wholeheartedly. the game seems to have changed in the last couple of years into not only a "win at all costs" sort of thing, but even worse it seems like a "win at all costs and rub it in" sort of thing. i confess to having propogated this attitude on multiple occassions, but generally in response to provocation. in any case, there's no excuse for my behavior and the behavior of many others in this game, including many of my friends and alliance mates on occassion. i don't know if there's any way to remedy this situation unfortunately, although awareness is a good first step.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

A lot has changed in the game to promote dishonorable acts. Like we use to all park on different planets. As away to cut loses when another alliance busted some of our planets. But now you get in trouble with the alliance leader if you don't park on the same planet as everyone else.

We use to all have anonymous bank accounts, which we place our credits in. The banker would then move the funds into a main account for the alliance. Now if you don't put your credits into the AA everyone else in the alliance thinks you are not helping.

There was a time when small alliances could form coded treaty and ban together to build a mine field and planets. At the same time keeping their independents identity.

So now it's the kill, 20 plus player sitting on a planet, 500 million sitting in the AA.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

You want honor? Play honorably.
You want respect? Walk the walk, don't just talk it.
You want loyalty? Earn it.

This thread makes me want to vomit.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Harry Krishna wrote:You want honor? Play honorably.
You want respect? Walk the walk, don't just talk it.
You want loyalty? Earn it.

This thread makes me want to vomit.
What are you talking about? Read the thread BoB asked the question
What happend to the abundance of honor that the playerbase used to have?
Try to stay on topic and answer the question or don't post.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

well some people think im a jerk/jackass/retard or any other thing they want to call me, but ive never done anythign dishonourable in this game. I refuse to allow any of my teammates to accept a duel then bring in help, nor do i think its a valid tactic to steal money or steal planets and pod people that used to be in ur alliance.

If people want to play that sort of game then it will catch up to them in the end. I dont think BOB is referring to trash talking between alliances or anyhting like that.
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Freon22 wrote:A lot has changed in the game to promote dishonorable acts. Like we use to all park on different planets. As away to cut loses when another alliance busted some of our planets. But now you get in trouble with the alliance leader if you don't park on the same planet as everyone else.

We use to all have anonymous bank accounts, which we place our credits in. The banker would then move the funds into a main account for the alliance. Now if you don't put your credits into the AA everyone else in the alliance thinks you are not helping.

There was a time when small alliances could form coded treaty and ban together to build a mine field and planets. At the same time keeping their independents identity.

So now it's the kill, 20 plus player sitting on a planet, 500 million sitting in the AA.
Except not everyone played the same way you seemed have, or plays the way you play now either.

BoB, what happened now?
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK