random thoughts: this just seems so incoherent...

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

Thennian wrote:well lets not pretend voting is the ulitmate indicator as to how people feel. Anyways this game would be boring if you didnt have some trash talking. I mean if you cant take alittle in this game then you are goign to have a hard time suriving in the real world lol
thats not what im saying, i had much fun replying to some people in the flamming board... specially when their arguments made no sense!

what i am against is valid posts and threads beeing sistematically ruined by some people that can't see past the alliance of person who posted!!

and IMO, voting is a GOOD indicator as to what people feel ABOUT THE WEBBOARD, as opposed to game discussions!
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

The problem with flaming these days is that the art of creative flaming has disappeared. It used to be eloquent and subtle jabs that suggested why the other person was an idiot without coming right out and saying it - nowadays it's just crude and insulting.
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

Thennian wrote:Anyways this game would be boring if you didnt have some trash talking. I mean if you cant take alittle in this game then you are goign to have a hard time suriving in the real world lol
Wrong, I play video games to ignore the incessant BS that arises through everday life. I would enjoy the game much more if people did not believe through some foul form of logic that insulting people is actually helpful to the game.
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Ardbeg wrote:The problem with flaming these days is that the art of creative flaming has disappeared. It used to be eloquent and subtle jabs that suggested why the other person was an idiot without coming right out and saying it - nowadays it's just crude and insulting.
LOL Ardbeg = old school flaming

I tend to agree, and some flaming is fun as long as it's taken for what it is. I have fond memories of the old Flame Board :D
that which pods you makes you stronger
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

most of my stress was released when i read the flaming bored. my stress levels went way down while my happiness levels way up :P
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Ardbeg wrote:The problem with flaming these days is that the art of creative flaming has disappeared. It used to be eloquent and subtle jabs that suggested why the other person was an idiot without coming right out and saying it - nowadays it's just crude and insulting.
Way too true. I think it's the Nintendo generation's fault. They are all for the instant gratification. The problem is that most of them are either too young or too lonely to realise that it's not always a good thing.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

sounds typical of hte older generation to lay the blame on those before or after them. ;)
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Blum wrote:
Way too true. I think it's the Nintendo generation's fault. They are all for the instant gratification. The problem is that most of them are either too young or too lonely to realise that it's not always a good thing.
dont be blaming nintendo. if anything this is the sony generation.. you know the ones.
i killed orca.