How Low Can You Go?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

i laughed a little, only because im a really mean person.

bad tah badddddd
i killed orca.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

I can't recall any rules against what happened. To Tah: If you were having a hard time in RL, the proper thing to have done would have been to take 5 minutes to login, PM Jester about you having RL issues and not sure when you would come back.

I'm sure Jester would have either cut you some slack or made some kind of mutual arrangment.

Or after logged in from being booted, you could have told Jester what had been happening, and he more than likely would have let you.

As to suiciding to mines: You could have message me or animal, and we would have been more than happy to get you out.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

also you coulda suicided to the planet and that is only 3k-5k lose which is actually lower than most kills
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

It's been a while since we've seen a truly villainous act like this. Well done, Tah.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

yes lotus and dl and playa1 and even purify were encouraging him. I think what he did is low and would never play with him.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

... I'm at a loss for words...

And then again not. There are plenty (one...) ways you could have resolved this in a better way. Just wait a few hours for a reply from your former allinace leader about getting the password so you could get out or even join back.

I don't know you other than by name and now I guess I never will - don't get me wrong, I hope you stick around and play and I won't even be a :D about it or anything but you won't be invited into the same alliance that I'm in because of me.
Pings seldom come alone and rarely when you're online
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

It's low and dirty and cheap and guess what........it's part of the game. In the long run, SMR benefits from having a population of players who choose to play the game in different ways. I know this is not going to make the victims of this feel any better about it, but it's one of those shake-ups that form a players reputation and can sometimes have a lasting impact on a game. Tah has earned himself a reputation now that will affect who he gets to play alongside, and SF will have to spend some cash and effort fixing this mess. It's the nature of the game.........
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

Right, theres nothing we can do about it. But it's not that hard to send a message to Jester requesting the alliance password for a few hours to get yourself out of dodge. Nor is it that hard to just go ahead and suicide, I'm sure SF would be more than happy to provide you with money to get a new ship, 12-15mil? Pfft, who cares in comparison to something like this. Besides, he mentioned he wasn't even going to play anymore. Why not just stay on the planet? Or, why not just suicide out and be done with it.

As of now, I personally will be taking the stance that if you go afk it is your job to remove yourself from the galaxy and get into fed or another similar safe place. Which means if you're there, and you're not in the alliance, you're dead
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Ardbeg wrote:It's low and dirty and cheap and guess what........it's part of the game. In the long run, SMR benefits from having a population of players who choose to play the game in different ways. I know this is not going to make the victims of this feel any better about it, but it's one of those shake-ups that form a players reputation and can sometimes have a lasting impact on a game. Tah has earned himself a reputation now that will affect who he gets to play alongside, and SF will have to spend some cash and effort fixing this mess. It's the nature of the game.........
I agree with Ard...this is the correct attitude to have, in my opinion. It's a rare game that lets you have this kind of freedom to do and play how you choose. Everyone is free to react to this event in their own way, and that is as it should be. Huzzahh!
that which pods you makes you stronger
DemiGod
Quiet One

Post by DemiGod »

Thennian wrote:yes lotus and dl and playa1 and even purify were encouraging him. I think what he did is low and would never play with him.
Thennian I assume you have atleast some proof of Lotus' involevement. AS I HAVE PREVIOUS STATED, lotus was incoherently drunk at, and before this whole thing occured. I believe p1 was the main agitator, with secondary help from a previously unmentioned source, LoA! DL had some influence also. BUT LOTUS WAS NOT INVOLVED. I'm actually interested in where you getting THIS :D about Lotus, Thennian. Would you care to explain?