Who runs the game?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

DemiGod wrote:So why not allow it while we try and figure out how to get it coded?
Well for one it's not guaranteed of being coded in. As of right now it is a potential idea.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

B.O.B. wrote:
DemiGod wrote:So why not allow it while we try and figure out how to get it coded?
Well for one it's not guaranteed of being coded in. As of right now it is a potential idea.
.....which some of us are strongly opposed to. Launching should be an active action (ie the player needs to be online to perform it) except when it is forced by a successful bust.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

you guys are failing to notice the risk in doin this, it leaves a fleet sitting there offline, its not all positives to this. and since it has a downside i think this really needs to be looked at closely, i mean its not all profit
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
DemiGod
Quiet One

Post by DemiGod »

If you have a good op force than you listen to everything he says. So you do exactly what he wants you to. If anything Lotus had less control when he booted us as he couldn't make us move.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

why would you need to move when you are sitting in a tunnel with mines? dont pretend like it was in a neutral galaxy where anyone could just come and hit them.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

neutral or not they were out in the open dont change the focus thennian
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

Without going into to much detail (because I'm on the committee and I was involved in the debate), I think this is a lot more complicated than just what appears. I think it's a great tactic, I gave Lotus mad props for using it against us--it was an entirely new tactic and it worked pretty well. However, after the comittee debated it, the problem that strikes me is: it took Lotus leaving the alliance to do this to accomplish it. If Lotus had an option to kick the entire alliance off at a given moment and did that, I'd have no problem. However, because he had to leave the alliance and boot off the AoC members to gain this advantage---I feel it's in the ballpark of a loophole. If HK was able to control my ship and get me to fire on a level 70, I'd be upset. However, I move my ship IS and I'm online to control my ship. While Lotus has NOTHING but the alliances best interest at heart, I still think because of the steps he needed to take that that move wasn't intended. However, I think it's safe to publicize that Lotus received NO ban for this as the committee was able to understand the entire aspect of the situation.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
adam_phg
Quiet One

Post by adam_phg »

so if it was not the alliance leader and the person who kicked didnt rejoin the alliance for 24 hours per say, its a legit tactic?
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

That is under discussion. Personally I do not agree with anyone having any kind of active control of an allied ship. Period.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

As Ard just posted---we're debating this because it could fall under the arranged kill offense. When we've discussed it more, the committee will make a statement on the numerous aspects of this debate. Please be patient.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?