New Map suggestions?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: New Map suggestions?

Post by Edgecrusher »

Yes, and then he went ahead and created a map. Asking those questions was not so smart in the first place, it's like throwing a naked woman in a pit of drunken football hooligans and expecting she'll be out in time for dinner. My point was: we can discuss this for ages or just restart, make it a short game while in the meantime we discuss a new map.
Erke
Quiet One

Post by Erke »

he didnt say he made the final map...to me it looks like a current suggestion
with those question he gets a point of view what ppl want...wich can help him to make a final map...and makeing a map dont take forever...

so, therefor i dont find this discusion to take place forever...BOB can at anytime deside to make the final map when he feel ppl have had time anough to drop suggestion...

if BOBs map is the map to bring suggestion from..then here is mine:
make those 3 planet gals to 1 huge planet gal...instead of 6 u will get 2 huge...
remove those CA gals connected to planet gals...
change the last to CA gals to neutrals wich is as big as a racial

my point is...CA gals is history...BOBs map make the game look like old smr...due to the new changes in smr 1.5 we dont need CA gals...im not saying u cant get forces in those gals..but dont call em CA gals and dont make em 3x3 size either....

so..Edge..dear boss..do the :angry: at me in the chat :lol:
Erke
Quiet One

Post by Erke »

Edgecrusher wrote:..........like throwing a naked woman in a pit of drunken football hooligans and expecting she'll be out in time for dinner.......
prolly safer then sending that naked woman my way :angel:
Dilbert
Quiet One

Post by Dilbert »

OK guys the reason i went for smaller/ more numerous planet gals instead of big ones was coz i was told that the bigger planet gals with little enclaves of planets like we had in this round take time to build and have to be created by hand which opens up the possibility of mistakes. I orriginally did create the map with 4 really big planet gals rather than 8 small ones but changed after chatting with the coders.
In order to stab someone in the back, you first must be 100% behind them!
Dilbert
Quiet One

Post by Dilbert »

quote=Erke i would have done some changes to dilberts map...like:

remove all those planet gals...make em like 2 huge gals instead... = answered that part

put those between the neutrals..where 2 neutrals got connectet to one of em..and the other 2 the the second one... = could do hadnt though of that one.

and makes the neutrals a tad smaller...and racials a tad bigger = racials could be bigger.

remove those 2 neutrals (10x50) = I wanted all the planet gals to have 2 warps so putting in the two neutrals that were (10x50 and 50x10) rectangular added another entrance to 4 of the planet gals.

also...make maps with some benefits...like alsk connected to human....salv to wq... = i just put the racials together randomly but yeah making some sort of benefit from your neighbout could be good
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

but i thought we was past the CA gals time
Correct. Cause every racial HQ sells all kinds of forces to those that only use them for trading. Hunters are widely capable of reaching a CA in a neutral galaxy.
Use The Force(s)!
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

I took Dilbert's map and modified it:

You'll see I cut off the connections between Planet Gals and Racials.

I also cut off all the interconnecting Neutral gals in the middle. Thus to get from 1 racial to another, you might have to go through 1 or more of the big neutral gals.

For the skinny neutrals in the middle (2 of those), they would have the best starting routes, and the CAs.
The 4 big neutrals would have average routes and all the weapons and ships needed for arming.

I deleted 4 of the planet gals, and moved the remaining for to the center.
Those 4 would each connect to 1 neutral, and 2 other planet gals.

I haven't decided on sizes (that's why they are all erased).

Edit: Also notice the double warps.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

:clap:
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Goody good :)

We can go with this one.
Use The Force(s)!
Dilbert
Quiet One

Post by Dilbert »

Would of liked to see a few more planet gals. But yeah im with inifinity, go with this one. Well done B.O.B. :clap: