Next game

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Next game

Post by Blade »

I could do the next map at 1.25 with a few less sectors than the current map.

Could be worth a shot, slower games do get more tactical.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Purify wrote:And who is designing the universe?... I vote not Baalzamon.
Never has a better statement been made. Thats one thing that I'm never ever EVER touching again. Baalzamon + Uni Creator = ;) Off Playerbase.

Smaller map, 1.25x, Blade is making the map. Sounds good to me.

And I'd be fine with a few planets in racials. Nothing like where an alliance would make a racial into their home, but like, 5 planets per racial would be cool. Gives the new players a chance to mess around with planets a bit if they aren't in an alliance with a planet galaxy, and with so few planets, it wouldn't be worth an alliance's efforts to claim some as their homes, particularly if the connectivity in the racials are opened up a bit making it even harder to defend.

Contrary to that last statement, someone mentioned shorter arming routes with a smaller map. The slower speed will obviously help, but another helpful tool would be decreasing the connectivity on the maps. Open up racials to lower the usefulness of a racial planet, and close up neutrals a bit to make routes longer. This move would also affect trading, and therefore, hunting as well. Opened racials mean lower multipliers on routes generally (thats without factoring how many ports, but we aren't going that in depth yet). Now, with a lower connectivity in the neutrals, that means higher multipliers, and better routes. Generally, people will trade in racials rather then neutrals because of the better routes and the safety. Reversing this will push people into neutrals, making it a little easier for hunters to find prey. (Of course, I don't hunt, so I could be completely wrong.)

Now we have a lower connectivity in the neutrals, making it more mine-friendly for the wealthy, so what do we do about that so that neutrals aren't massive mine fields? Increase the number of locations. Low level weapon shops, bars, a couple Refurbished Ship shops, it all plays its part to limit the mining. Couple that with bringing back CA galaxies, and I think there would be a possibility of changing how things are running this round.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Baalzamon wrote: And I'd be fine with a few planets in racials. Nothing like where an alliance would make a racial into their home, but like, 5 planets per racial would be cool. Gives the new players a chance to mess around with planets a bit if they aren't in an alliance with a planet galaxy, and with so few planets, it wouldn't be worth an alliance's efforts to claim some as their homes, particularly if the connectivity in the racials are opened up a bit making it even harder to defend.
That's what I thought, but I've decided now that anything that gives people a reason to mine more will be taken up on, so it would only be possible with some extra coded limitation on racial forces. But I'd like to see newbies have a chance to play around with planets, even if it gives no benefits it opens up another aspect of the game that they can try
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

lol "I'm never ever making a map again...."

"Now let me tell you how i'd make next games map.........."
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

hey, this is kinda like my work in music theory. I am (or so i tell myself) good at the ideas behind it, and bad at the execution. So I'll say what I think would be a smart move, but I wouldn't attempt to do it myself because I'd screw it up.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

after this last game baalz, i'd just take a backseat and let someone else handle it, please
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

JettJackson wrote:after this last game baalz, i'd just take a backseat and let someone else handle it, please
but he's my #1 universe creator breaker!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

at least i'm #1 in something! :-D
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

ok sarcasm aside in this thread we should continue good discussion on what next map should look like
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I can't.... Baalzamon's logic makes my head explode....