Next game

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Next game

Post by Blade »

I have the map for next game, it was one made by a player.

It is smaller than the current map. 2.6k sectors
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Same old... same old....
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Izzanods wrote:I don't have all the answers but I know about a lot of the problems that this game is currently facing and in about 10 days, the current round is going to end and while it seemed to bring back some people who left us recently, it means nothing if we don't maintain what it brought back to us.

The first problem in general is that we have a small playerbase. We all know this. When we get 40 people on at once, we all notice and remember the good old times when that number was nice but really normal. Now, it means we have 2 alliances trying to op at the same time. So, with the small number of players that we have, we need a smaller map. Some people will hate this but it's necessary. The smaller map will require smarter playing and more action. Now, a smaller map also means two things in my eyes (a) a reduction in the size of forces per player in a sector. I think 15 would be more than sufficient. (b) planets in racials.

I'm sure some of you are already complaining but look at the facts. This isn't some out of left field idea to change things up. We need the changes because as most of you know, the current way isn't helping. Right now, QR has had level 70 planets for weeks and only 3 times has any alliance been 2-3 sectors in that galaxy all game--why? (1) QR has more active players (2) Mines are killing the game.

So, with the smaller map and the racial planets, we need smaller alliances. Because I suggest 15-20 members, the maximum planet level should be like 50--I'm sure someone who's a lot smarter can figure out the proportional %. That's not my thing.

The answer is NOT more money and more turns. First and foremost--I can easily admit--I'm a crappy player. I can't hunt and I don't understand quite a few things and I've been playing 10 years. However, what I know is that a lot of players have a lot of talent but don't know the game and don't know how to play. I think a smaller game would really help the game in the long run because it would require players to be a lot smarter and quicker with decisions. Since we're not keeping official stats yet, people shouldn't complain about dying over and over. When our players get better, we can help other players get better. Right now, we have like 10 awesome players and they consistently dominate rounds--we need more balance.

You may not agree, you may like something I've suggested but don't post garbage because that's not going to help the game. Be productive and constructive.
[19:07] <loty_nolongergone> http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10158
[19:07] <loty_nolongergone> i sugested that crap months ago!
[19:08] <@suzie> that would definitely make the game more interesting...
[19:09] <loty_nolongergone> ya
[19:09] <loty_nolongergone> i told ballz and dwizz 1500 sectors
[19:09] <loty_nolongergone> and they made it 3300
[19:09] <@DWizz> I wasn't making the map
[19:09] <@DWizz> I take no responsiblity
[19:10] <loty_nolongergone> but u admit it happened!
[19:10] <@DWizz> yeah
[19:10] <@DWizz> you suggested it
[19:10] <loty_nolongergone> damn straight
[19:10] <@DWizz> and I agreed
LESS PEOPLE = smaller map, build it back up in size as playerbase grows. We dont want you to be able to leave fed without getin ur ass almost blasted, mucho player interaction! COuld even take it a step further and make games with only 4-5 races available that game. deactivate the boring races such as alskant in this period of regrowth until playerbase grows and then reopen it.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Well nah, you gotta leave the choice of all races. Choice makes the game go round..

But hmm..any reason why we cant have more than 1 race per racial?
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Kahless_ wrote:Well nah, you gotta leave the choice of all races. Choice makes the game go round..

But hmm..any reason why we cant have more than 1 race per racial?
A concept map I looked at actually had most the racials in one galaxy, because I thought it could be an interesting change, and seeing as I've been hunted maybe 2-3 times this entire game I think it'd be interesting to have.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

two racial galaxies and then planet galaxies?
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Well it is one way to keep galaxies large and thus routes decent without having stupidly large universes, makes politics even more important(and hopefully more active).

I wouldnt mind giving it a go =)
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

This was the map I was going to use

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ujjfom&s=4

8 Racials at 12x12 = 1152 Sectors
Neutral Hub at 35x35 = 1225 Sectors
6 Planet Gals at 7x7 = 294 Sectors
Total = 2671 Sectors

I think 1500 sectors is way to small and would choke the game even with the playerbase as it stands, wont allow many routes that will give new players no or little fighting chance and give hunters a gold mine, I am for having 2 races per racial, I could just half the racial galaxies and make the 14x14 instead of 7x7.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Blade wrote:This was the map I was going to use

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ujjfom&s=4

8 Racials at 12x12 = 1152 Sectors
Neutral Hub at 35x35 = 1225 Sectors
6 Planet Gals at 7x7 = 294 Sectors
Total = 2671 Sectors

I think 1500 sectors is way to small and would choke the game even with the playerbase as it stands, wont allow many routes that will give new players no or little fighting chance and give hunters a gold mine, I am for having 2 races per racial, I could just half the racial galaxies and make the 14x14 instead of 7x7.

this is a good concept but id make a couple changes if it is not made yet, id make the planet gals 6x6 and maybe have ca gals or at least 3 CA such that newbies can be able to get ca without it being mined, although one minor worry, though can be fixed before the map is released is making sure that planet gal warps aren't adjacent to each other as the map generator puts the warps in random spots
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't think this map will last 3 months.

I think that making the racial galaxies only 144 sectors each with all racial galaxies connected to one neutral and all planet galaxies also connected to the same neutral. Its not going to work more then one month, this is how I see this map going. First month players try to trade and build planets, then everything will stop. Because after the first month there will be one alliance that will come out on top. From that point on they will beable to stop any other alliance from planet building. Their hunters will be all over the racial galaxies being they are only one warp away.

I think you need to add another neutral between the racial galaxies and the neutral that connects the planet galaxies. Even then the neutrals are going to be mined up and yes I see racial galaxies also being mined.

But I guess we will see!