New Map suggestions?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: New Map suggestions?

Post by Infinity »

Nearly 9k sectors isn't small. Current map has 7k.
Use The Force(s)!
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

It sounds adequate for the job of testing out the new code. Can't wait :)
that which pods you makes you stronger
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Zillion ports in planet galaxies is, I'm sorry, but plain stupid. It should have been done as earlier, with only low level ports in those galaxies. Yes, I know it opens a possibility of making super-routes, but that's what big alliances need.
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Infinity wrote:Zillion ports in planet galaxies is, I'm sorry, but plain stupid. It should have been done as earlier, with only low level ports in those galaxies. Yes, I know it opens a possibility of making super-routes, but that's what big alliances need.

Agreed completely.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I have another thing to add... there should be no Fed or UG Requisition shops in racials. First sells drones, second sells mines. All of this is available at racial HQ for peaceful traders, non-peaceful hunters shouldn't be able to buy, especially not mines, any of these in racials.

What's done is done, but we need to have some guidelines in mind.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Infinity wrote:Zillion ports in planet galaxies is, I'm sorry, but plain stupid. It should have been done as earlier, with only low level ports in those galaxies. Yes, I know it opens a possibility of making super-routes, but that's what big alliances need.
seconded poor planing on the map maker
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Infinity wrote:I have another thing to add... there should be no Fed or UG Requisition shops in racials. First sells drones, second sells mines. All of this is available at racial HQ for peaceful traders, non-peaceful hunters shouldn't be able to buy, especially not mines, any of these in racials.

What's done is done, but we need to have some guidelines in mind.
I was unaware that they sold mines at the UG Requisition shops (my fault). But I didn't think I put any of those in racials? I'll check, and if so I'll get Azool or Spock to delete them.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

The problem with Fed / UG Requisitions being in Racials will be fixed later tonight.

Additionally the amount of ports in Planet gals will be significantly reduced (although they will all be low lvl ports).

If there are any other major issues that need to be addressed, please post here.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey