How is this game still alive?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
silverx2
Quiet One

How is this game still alive?

Post by silverx2 »

Seriously? i pop on every month or so to check the WB to see whats going on and every single time, all i see is bickering, and the same people argueing with each other.

i just read that there were what 97 players? 97?! that would have been about the Big three from the regualr SM days, and then you would have all of the 2nd tier alliances.

maybe its all the bickering you guys do twords each other that is scaring people away.
i killed orca.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: How is this game still alive?

Post by Blade »

I disagree, the most succesful online game this year (WoW) has a forum full of bickering, fights and people bashing Blizzard, players or guilds. Every game has it, this one is no different.

I have pledged to bring back some activity on this webboard and will try to encourage it's use.

The game took a serious knock when 1.5 was released and due to unforseen circumstances left at a very bugged state, that put people off. Yes we have few players, but we are not giving up and those few are a good backbone to build from! Some of us are working hard to make this a better game.

The game scared people away, I do not believe it was the players (though no doubt I am sure some of it was due to players behaviour) as no matter what game you play against real people, you always have clashes as you do in your every day lives. I would say to anyone who does not like that factor off any online game to go play against the computer offline, because no matter where you go you will get conflict. IMO it actually adds to the game play to a degree (Without saying bad behaviour is good, it's not)

It's good your still about watching, maybe your play again soon.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

The game has issues, with activity and admins being the main ones.

The new features are really nice--they make the game so much more fun to play because it's nowhere near as boring. Things like excavating levels and prices for forces and ship condition still need to be tweaked but the progress made is evident (if you play).

Blade is one of the best things this game has going for it. While he's not that good at hunting (just kidding buddy), he's good for SMR and that's what matters.

What we need is a bit more progress and then a smart publicity campaign. We need the manual to be better, we need the bugs to be minimal and we need a few dedicated newbie trainers.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

to me there is bickering and the there is discussing of issues and lately the bickering is to a minimum imo
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

JettJackson wrote:to me there is bickering and the there is discussing of issues and lately the bickering is to a minimum imo
I like it when its a good even mix. Can't really have one without the other. LOL
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Really i think everyone is just afraid to say that I am the sole reason this game still exists. Don't ask why, just believe.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

^^ why
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Kahless_ wrote:Really i think everyone is just afraid to say that I am the sole reason this game still exists. Don't ask why, just believe.
:lol: I thought I was the reason??? OR am I the reason some have left??? I know I fit in here somewhere. :D
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Kah your new years resolution was to grow a bigger head?
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Well, my new years resolution is to grow a bigger head, though i am waiting for Chinese new year to start fulfilling that resolution. So if you think its bad now, watch out! :D