SMR Classic Contest

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

SMR Classic Contest

Post by Siege »

I am super excited for the upcoming classic game, and I am thankful that MrSpock gave us the opportunity to play the game again. As my good friend Izza said it's a good way of thanking some of the older players (like Izza) who gave time and money and played for a long time to even make 1.5 a possibility.

That being said, there is people bringing into question how active the game will be, and I can full well understand that ( judging by the current playerbase ). So I am going to try and make this more interesting, I believe Freon did something similar to this in the past.

I am going to be giving out monetary ( that means CASH ) prizes for the winners of the following categories ( hunter, trader, MVP, etc. )

As it stands categories will be as follows ..

Hunter of the game - $50.00 :

The player who amasses the most kills at the end of the game will receive $50.00 in either cash (probably CAD) or SMR credits ( their choice ). The minimum requirement for this award is 50 kills ( if nobody reaches 50 kills, nobody will recieve the award ). I think that this is feasible considering that the game is 3 months long. If a player is found to have been arranging kills/buying kills/cheating in any other way he will be void from the contest, I will be the judge on this matter.

Trader of the game - $15.00 :

Awarded to the player who ends the game with the highest ammount of xp traded ( ex. xDemoNx finishes #1 but majority of his xp is from kills/raiding, he will not win the award ). Player must have above 300,000 xp traded and no more then 1 death. ( If no trader meets these paremeters the award will be void ).

MVP - $ TBD

Awarded to the most well rounded player of the game. Will be judged on sportsmanship, game involvement, alliance involvement, activity, kills, xp, etc. Siege will be the final judge on this matter but will take nominations from players in the game.

Leader of the game award - $ TBD
To the alliance leader of the game who best exemplifies the role and characteristics of an SMR alliance leader. Will be judged on alliance activity, alliance success, sportsmanship, etc. Siege will be the final judge for this award.

Maybe Spock will contribute some extra credits to these awards? ;-) Hope this can help make the game interesting.
Last edited by Siege on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: SMR Classic Contest

Post by XDemonX »

Great contest Siege! this is very generous of you.

I'm sure everyone is excited to play the classic game including myself.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Way to go Siege :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thats good of you. I to have been wanting to sponsor another contest but SMR 1.5 has never gotten to a point where I felt that it could have a fair contest. So you sponsoring a Classic Game Contest is a great idea.

Again way to go Siege.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Don't you still owe me $20??????
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

bump
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

terran

Post by terran »

Bump* 1 Universal Admiral Rhodry (63) Alskant Galatic Regulators 370,530 Deaths: 0

All trading exp

;p

Grats Rhodry!
-Netr0
To look and not see is not really looking at all
~Useless wisdom by Terran
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

He might still die in which case Drake or Page might get it.

Bonker
Beta Tester

Post by Bonker »

in my eyes most well rounded player.. take away the kills n crap its gotta go to Izza or swagie. they are the 2 players that have won the game for QR simple as. without them QR wouldnt even be close to the force 2day and they woulda been blown out the sky along time ago.

and as for top killer well if gheng does get to 50 ull have to go through his combat logs and split the money with all the other 5 ppl he has IS with him and triggers him kills haha j/k /love
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

You're right in every area.

terran

Post by terran »

So 15 dollars now? Lower top kills to 40 and trading back up to 25
To look and not see is not really looking at all
~Useless wisdom by Terran